Ceramill mind

J

Jugas

Reaction score
Hello i started using ceramill mind after a long time,and i saw that it needed updates.I logged in to the center and downloaded it,as i tried to install it, it said the dongle contract has expire or not valid.And after that the program was kinda like deleted.I cant open it anymore,is there a way to fix it,to take back the old version? Because now i have to pay for the last 3 years i didnt use instantly just to get the update and fix it.

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, and welcome....

Mohameddoctor

Mohameddoctor

Reaction score
Hello i started using ceramill mind after a long time,and i saw that it needed updates.I logged in to the center and downloaded it,as i tried to install it, it said the dongle contract has expire or not valid.And after that the program was kinda like deleted.I cant open it anymore,is there a way to fix it,to take back the old version? Because now i have to pay for the last 3 years i didnt use instantly just to get the update and fix it.

U fix it or still
Please help I have the same problem

AbbasIsmail

AbbasIsmail

Reaction score
C

charles007

Reaction score
Welcome new members to DLN. All of you will want to read tons of posts in this forum to keep up in the digital lab world.

I find it very strange all of you think Exocad updates are free to install. It sounds like all of you didn't buy your scanners from reputable Exocad resellers.
Exocad is sold with "12" months of free updates with support. Its an option to renew Updates/ support every 12 months or continue to use without any new updates and support. If you skip paying after 12 months you must pay for all unpaid months plus for the next 12 months. The newest Exocad update called DentalCad 3.0 Galway gives instant anatomic morphing adapts tooth anatomy in real time during tooth placement. This new update will make your cad life so much easier. Software has improved so much over the past 3 years its foolish to not keep your software updated plus your getting support to learn how to use all the new improvements.

AbbasIsmail

AbbasIsmail

Reaction score
Dear charles007

the supplier that i purchased the cadcam system from is authorized my AG, never informed me that the package has a 4 year license and i have to renew annually. so my license expired last year. its only when the ceramill v4 installed on my machine that it deleted v3 from my system and then displayed an error message that my license dongle does not support it. now im screwed, they v3 system does not work, the v4 will not install and when i contacted the agent, they want me to pay 7000 euro to cover last year and the upcoming 12 months. and when i asked if they give me the ceramill v3.9 they refused. how dont you expect us to be frustrated?

why should we pay for a software that we didnt use last year?
and why wont they give us the download link of the software installer we already paid for that is covered in the license period?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Dear charles007

the supplier that i purchased the cadcam system from is authorized my AG, never informed me that the package has a 4 year license and i have to renew annually. so my license expired last year. its only when the ceramill v4 installed on my machine that it deleted v3 from my system and then displayed an error message that my license dongle does not support it. now im screwed, they v3 system does not work, the v4 will not install and when i contacted the agent, they want me to pay 7000 euro to cover last year and the upcoming 12 months. and when i asked if they give me the ceramill v3.9 they refused. how dont you expect us to be frustrated?

why should we pay for a software that we didnt use last year?
and why wont they give us the download link of the software installer we already paid for that is covered in the license period?
Abbasismail, I'm uninformed about Exocad resellers policy outside the US and maybe its different in other countries. Here in the US there are no 4 year license unless something changed recently I haven't heard about.
When I bought my scanner, several over the years, the receipt showed the cost of the scanner, Exocad program, and cost of each module printed clearly that includes 12 months of Updates with Support. Just before the end of each 12 month period my reseller sends quote to renew Exocad Update/Support. Over the years I've sometimes waited months to renew and paid for the months I skipped. One time I delayed in paying for Update/Support and had to pay for over 12 months plus for the next 12 months to renew. Everyone here in the US who uses Exocad knows how we all have 12 months of update with support and renewing Update support is our option. Now there's several ways to buy Exocad but that's another story.

Last edited: