Hydro-cast

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I just found out that Hydro-cast tissue conditioner has been discontinued. Does anyone know what would closely compare to it?
Does anyone have any they would like to sell? I have a couple of Docs that are panicking!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Because of the health warning? I know I'm posting in a thread/topic I know nothing about, but I'm just practicing not being distracted by this forum and focusing on getting a lot of work done :) :)

health.PNG

The Discontinued. See link from Darby gives us this page: https://www.darbydental.com/scripts/ProductPage.aspx?p=8132095

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I just found out that Hydro-cast tissue conditioner has been discontinued. Does anyone know what would closely compare to it?
Does anyone have any they would like to sell? I have a couple of Docs that are panicking!
Lynal get axed?

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm surprised Dentsply has Lynal since they've discontinued just about everything else.

Edit: I thought I posted this yesterday, and found it here this morning ready to post. Duh!
Uh, I'm guilty of the same, and even leaving a couple in the approval queue overnight when I'd forget to save before exiting.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
So I've done some digging. Sultan quietly discontinued Hydrocast back in August, people are just now finding out because the stock has run out at the supply houses. I called Sultan and they are recommending Lynal. Of course they would, Dentsply acquired Sultan a few years ago. The only thing with using Lynal for a tissue conditioning impression is that it has to be replaced every 48 hours. Hydocast could be left in longer and be refreshed as needed. We just had a case this week that the patient was in Hydrocast for 7 months while waiting for her opposing to heal.

Oh, and Lynal is just about double the price.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
So I've done some digging. Sultan quietly discontinued Hydrocast back in August, people are just now finding out because the stock has run out at the supply houses. I called Sultan and they are recommending Lynal. Of course they would, Dentsply acquired Sultan a few years ago. The only thing with using Lynal for a tissue conditioning impression is that it has to be replaced every 48 hours. Hydocast could be left in longer and be refreshed as needed. We just had a case this week that the patient was in Hydrocast for 7 months while waiting for her opposing to heal.

Oh, and Lynal is just about double the price.
I know, but it's what we got.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I know, but it's what we got.
There are a couple of others, but I don't know how well or even if they compare to hydrocast. GC America has Coe Comfort and Uncle Hank has their own brand.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
There are a couple of others, but I don't know how well or even if they compare to hydrocast. GC America has Coe Comfort and Uncle Hank has their own brand.
I've heard good from a couple GPs about Coe Comfort, but never dealt with it.

mshiss

mshiss

Reaction score
Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
It's really nothing like it. Handles totally differently, sets up very hard. It costs $300 for a kit
I've relined several and it's not sticky like hydrocast could be if it wasn't used properly. But I haven't seen it very hard. The consistency can be adjusted by how much liquid is used.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Hi there! My Dad used to swear by Bosworth Tissue Conditioner, its clear and moulds beautifully before setting up over a period of time. Just a bit of a pain in the lab removing it from the denture but not as bad as some.