Sterngold - Baltic Digital Denture System

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
This reminds me when adding ceramic to an old pfm bridge, the smell linger in the lab for days

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
So Doris, is there green bologna? Or it was spinach in addition to bologna. Full course meal

Dental lab techs have a great sense of humor, as is posted so many times here on this forum.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
This reminds me when adding ceramic to an old pfm bridge, the smell linger in the lab for days

When you mentioned it, it comes back to me, that dry, musty smell, like old hay or a rats nest.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I remember years ago overseas I made dentures to a patient who was very happy with them, but came back for a new dentures, the dentist asked him we just made you dentures, he said yes, I work on an oil rig and when I sneezed my dentures flew into sea🤔

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
No fillers, even better :)

Wasn't it Doris or JMN who mentioned a piece of bologna that was stuck inside a denture repair they received?
ive seen/smelled one as well. the meat used was unidentifiable. and rotting

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I'm so glad to just be doing c&b :)
i was just doing c/b back in those days. didnt matter. that smell lingered in the lab for a couple weeks. made everyone nauseous.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
i was just doing c/b back in those days. didnt matter. that smell lingered in the lab for a couple weeks. made everyone nauseous.
Yup, it doesn't go away quickly. Every time I see something like that, I think, someone kisses that mouth! EEEEWWWWW!!!!!!!!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The fun part was heating up the porcelain teeth for the rebase. I'd let the old base flame away just before lunch break.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Yup, it doesn't go away quickly. Every time I see something like that, I think, someone kisses that mouth! EEEEWWWWW!!!!!!!!
just thinking about it makes me want to heave. YUCK!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Thanks my friends...didn't even get through page one before this thread completely derailed into the worse aroma known to exist...along with the thoughts of last months green bologna right before lunch time. Enjoyed the laugh!!!

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
I think there is a future for digital denture with new advancements of materials and technology, if you ask a dentist what he does not like to do most ? It would be dentures. Because of less satisfactions by the patients
Digital dentures will only make it harder for the Doctor to sell a POS to the patient at delivery. C'mon peeps... Don't we all know dentures is 25% product and 75% psychology. Dr. gunna have a hard time selling icky dead looking dentures...

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Digital dentures will only make it harder for the Doctor to sell a POS to the patient at delivery. C'mon peeps... Don't we all know dentures is 25% product and 75% psychology. Dr. gunna have a hard time selling icky dead looking dentures...
They're not having as much trouble as you think.

I've had to reline dozens of them with the conversation that it's not bonded, it's basically just humoring us staying there. They have no problem with this.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
You can reline a printed denture 2 ways.
Conventional or the 3d printed version.
If cost is a factor then go with the conventional 3 pack.

View attachment 37840
Not true, you can not reline a printed denture with a conventional acrylic or repair it and that is not just me saying it , people who lecture about printed denture say it can not. People from Henry Sheine to Sterngold to more known people also. I have tried it myself it does not work.
You have to use adhesive and still not that reliable. Repair you can with the same resin if you have it. What if it was done by another lab? Your cover can be bologna but inside it I have the truth.
Look into it.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know what Glidewell is charging for a printed denture from STLs? One of my docs admits doing them sometimes, but gets cagey on direct questions about such admissions.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Not true, you can not reline a printed denture with a conventional acrylic or repair it and that is not just me saying it , people who lecture about printed denture say it can not. People from Henry Sheine to Sterngold to more known people also. I have tried it myself it does not work.
You have to use adhesive and still not that reliable. Repair you can with the same resin if you have it. What if it was done by another lab? Your cover can be bologna but inside it I have the truth.
Look into it.
Earlier in the thread I had said that I will reline them with cold cure as long as they understand there is no bond happening and it's just humoring us by staying there. There is added fit, added retention, added strength.

Repairs can be accomplished, sorta, sometimes. You don't get to use chemical bond retention to keep things still anymore. You use mechanical retention. How? It's different every time. But it's also made clear that this is a highly temporary solution, it is only for when absolutely needed, and a new one should have already been ordered and I hope they have a warranty at least as nice as mine. Ok, I don't say all that last sentace, but I really want to.