Lucitone HIPA Users

K

kytoothdude

Reaction score
So Dentsply is discontinuing 199 repair material and suggesting replacing it with Hi Impact Pour Acrylic. Is anyone using this material and how does it do for repairs, relines? Doesn't seem like pour material would work very well due to viscosity. I'll not be flasking repairs or relines. Yes I know there are other, better, etc, materials. Just enquiring about this particular material for know. Thanks in advance.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
So Dentsply is discontinuing 199 repair material and suggesting replacing it with Hi Impact Pour Acrylic. Is anyone using this material and how does it do for repairs, relines? Doesn't seem like pour material would work very well due to viscosity. I'll not be flasking repairs or relines. Yes I know there are other, better, etc, materials. Just enquiring about this particular material for know. Thanks in advance.
i dont use that currently but have in the past. both for repairs and relines. for sure takes some getting used to since it tends to "run" all over. but once used to it there seems to be no issues. never had a repair or reline returned for any reason while using it

K

kytoothdude

Reaction score
Just ordered two lbs of repair powder. I guess i'll kick this particular can down the road for now.

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
You are supposed to do a quick flask job with putty.

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
Also it requires a heated pressure pot which is why I don’t care for it.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I wouldn't use it. I wish we could get a list of everything Dply plans on discontinuing in the near future... Maybe for now I'll assume it's everything and look for another supplier...

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Also it requires a heated pressure pot which is why I don’t care for it.
Use it on some cases, very fluid but also has a nice chameleon effect to existing acrylic. We cure in heated pressure pot but funny thing is that left over in dappen dish has Zero porosity cured at bench. Please be aware that when I say very fluid, it flows everywhere it can...

T

Tranquil

Reaction score
We"ve done quite a few relines with it in hydrocolloid ( Fricki flasks) - pretty fast and easy, came out really nice - no bubbles, porosity, pleasant shade ( org)...
Repairs - don't think so...

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
I love Kulzer’s Vario line. It does require a heated pressure pot but it is a fantastic material in my opinion. This is what I use for repairs.

SJ

SJ

Reaction score
Are you guys aware that Dentsply Lucitone FRS are also discontinued...? We're having trouble with what valplast material we would have to use that'll fit the dentsply success injection system... Anyone using dentsply's injection machine with a different valplast material?

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Are you guys aware that Dentsply Lucitone FRS are also discontinued...? We're having trouble with what valplast material we would have to use that'll fit the dentsply success injection system... Anyone using dentsply's injection machine with a different valplast material?
We don't do any flexibles, but I hope you know that they have discontinued everything for the success system. I hope you bought extra supplies before they did.

Edit: We don't do flexibles but we do make hard acrylic partials with flexible clasps with the Myerson Hot Shot Elite. that's always an option for you.

SJ

SJ

Reaction score
Actually looking to see if that'll be our best option........ either them or tcs

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Actually looking to see if that'll be our best option........ either them or tcs
I know people doing them both, but Snow Rock seems to have the best overall system for minimum hands on time.

eddydy

eddydy

Reaction score
check this out,
I do use Karadent and it's identical to FRS.

E

Exceldent

Reaction score
check this out,
I do use Karadent and it's identical to FRS.

Have been using FRS successfully for 13 years. Just been informed that it has been discountinued. Have ordered some cartridges of Karadent. They don't have any with the nozzle yet. Any advice on injecting the cylindrical cartridges with the Success system? I hear they need to be scored to allow injection.

Tunajoe

Tunajoe

Reaction score
FYI, Dentsply is also discontinuing Triiad light cure products like the pink baseplate.
Bummed about that because I use it all the time

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
FYI, Dentsply is also discontinuing Triiad light cure products like the pink baseplate.
Bummed about that because I use it all the time
Dentsply has discontinued EVERYTHING that isn't digital!