Neowax

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Maybe his nose was running late?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Maybe Beatrice would post a couple pics of some of the prosthetic implant structures theyve made to replace facial parts.?

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Anyone experiencing backorders from Dentsply to suppliers on certain shades?
Yes. For awhile Zahn had A2 on BO almost a month. Early mid summer.

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
I was at a cancer hospital one time waiting on a prosthodontist, when suddenly a cancer patient with no nose walked in wondering where his doctor was. I mean you could see right into his sinuses. It nearly made me jump but then I noticed he had implants around his nose where they could just click on the prosthesis. I think he was waiting on his new nose, very cool.
I’ve seen a couple and it looked like Hader clips retained them.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Ordering supplies, writing off Dply good luck to them...

Denturepropgh

Denturepropgh

Reaction score
Yates and Motloid #2 All Season wax is phenomenal. You should switch to Y&M.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Sounds great, ty. That said, I have to admit I need to know that the manufacturers are not going to pull the rug out from under us that we will still be able to get the basics such as acrylics, waxes, and supplies. Is this just dply pulling this or is ivoclar etc... going to follow suit? I have no problem living side by side the digital competition, but if the manufactures are going to cut us out before the marketplace does, I would like to know and prepare.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I have read that Neowax is not gone. It is available from Yates-Motloid now.

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
Hearing aids have really gone high tech now. I would think both the eyeballs and hearing aids are printed or milled now. I'm not against digital, just don't like the road it's trying to take, and I have options :) I do want to get my 25 year CDT certificate before I quit though , 2 more years :)

It’s just a CDT patch with a 25 on it.
In reality, it’s just a number. Don’t hang on just for that. You earned that CDT certification, You’re always a CDT in my eyes. Doesn’t matter if you still pay to play and collect your CE points. IMO.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
It’s just a CDT patch with a 25 on it.
In reality, it’s just a number. Don’t hang on just for that. You earned that CDT certification, You’re always a CDT in my eyes. Doesn’t matter if you still pay to play and collect your CE points. IMO.
I remember when I opened the letter that said I passed the practical portion of the exam and was a CDT, it was a journey that meant an immediate pay raise from the shocked dentist I was working for who said he didn't like to hire women because they always run off and get pregnant, lol, got a 10% raise every year after that until i opened my own lab. It just meant something to me, and I got the pin a couple of months ago. I'm bored with DT now, it's an important service , but not sure I'll keep it up, we'll see. I think it's more of the personalities and psychology of it all, if it was just the practical part without all the baggage I would love it.

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
Sadly, sort of, I think that I am done this year and will not renew. Living in Canada (now),it does absolutely NOTHING for me. So whats the sense of paying $170, plus 35% more for Canadian exchange. I have exactly one dentist (prosthodontist) that actually knows (cares) what a CDT is. I have tried for years to get this province to accept/acknowledge that certification means something. The Dental association could care less. Very Sad. The only words that come to mind are pompous arrogant pricks. And its no help that companies like Dentsply are selling directly to Docs- gain their business, and disregard the labs. Short changing the patients, but they don't know any better. (THEY could mean the dentist or the patient, pick one or both). In reality, (since I worked at the local University for nearly 6 years until they terminated me, and then closed the lab all together a year later) the new grads, say the last 10 years for sure, most don't know F all about laboratory technology. When I achieved Master CDT 3 years ago, my prosthodontics doc was absolutely friggin elated. But then, he got his prosthodontics schooling in Minnesota, so he appreciates a good technician. Every prosthodontist that I worked for in Canada that got his/her prosthodontics degree in the states (Ohio, Georgia, Minnesota) knows a good technician, and appreciates that technician. Rant done. not sorry.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I believe there are whole threads here over the years on the pros and cons of certification, this thread is also important and I don't want to hijack it, I used Neowax for many years and already gave my opinion on D-ply, hope other manufacturers don't follow their lead.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I believe there are whole threads here over the years on the pros and cons of certification, this thread is also important and I don't want to hijack it, I used Neowax for many years and already gave my opinion on D-ply, hope other manufacturers don't follow their lead.
I called Keystone to check on their plans as I had lots of grrrrrr over Dply and Coltene axing stuff. They are not only axing nothing, but ramping to meet higher demand they've already seen from Dply and Coltene users.

I hope someone buys the production rights for Permasoft. That's the dply product I'll miss most.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I called Keystone to check on their plans as I had lots of grrrrrr over Dply and Coltene axing stuff. They are not only axing nothing, but ramping to meet higher demand they've already seen from Dply and Coltene users.

I hope someone buys the production rights for Permasoft. That's the dply product I'll miss most.
I hope Keystone also purchases the Lucitone repair material and Lucitone acrylic rights as well. D-ply is stepping on their own tail, hope the other manufacturers realize that that's not the way to build a business. In case they don't know, you build rapport, then you offer something better until it is the norm, not just pull 50 years of products and try to force the new... arrrrggggg

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
Hijack-yes that was the word I was trying to think of and couldn’t. Wasn’t my intention thanks for reminder.

N

nickate

Reaction score
I hope Keystone also purchases the Lucitone repair material and Lucitone acrylic rights as well. D-ply is stepping on their own tail, hope the other manufacturers realize that that's not the way to build a business. In case they don't know, you build rapport, then you offer something better until it is the norm, not just pull 50 years of products and try to force the new... arrrrggggg
No disrespect but Dsply is a lil bigger player in the world market than you may realize. If you don't keep ahead of the curve you may become a backmarker... They are in it to make money. BIG money. Not to keep us little buyers happy.

N

nickate

Reaction score
As for the wax... Uhler Dental supply has a super setup wax that is supposed to be the recipe from the now defunct Barnesdent Jack's Wax. Been using Jack's SETUP wax more than 20 years now.

N

nickate

Reaction score
Also just received a sample of pink wax from Yates... Easy to carve but the color burns out pretty quick sitting in the wax warming pot.... Not the stuff for me to complete waxups.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I'm still using TD's wax. Actually need to order some more.

Top Bottom