How many PC's

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
How many PC's does it take to operate 2 Roland mills one is a 42W, the other is DWX 52DCI a E4 scanner, a Zubler porcelain oven, 2 Emerald S IOS scanners.
Thanks

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
depends how fast you wanna get stuff done.

1 pc can operate all of it, but you can only do one thing at one time.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
One for Cam built pretty decent to calculate fast, One for scan/design or add one more to separate the design from scan so now your at 3. One for each IO scanner Laptops. You can tie the Oven in on the scan PC. All built for doing each equipment's function, better have some shiny pennies saved up. LOL

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
One for Cam built pretty decent to calculate fast, One for scan/design or add one more to separate the design from scan so now your at 3. One for each IO scanner Laptops. You can tie the Oven in on the scan PC. All built for doing each equipment's function, better have some shiny pennies saved up. LOL
I new you would step up with some in depth data.
Thanks again

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Yep, good info. The cam pc can run both Rolands, just make sure it's a fairly gamer edition so as Sevan states it can calculate those larger cases faster, prevents crashes as well. I'd get separate pcs for scan/design, you don't have too as Cool Luke stated but as you grow like we have, we had to create scan only workstations. Therefore, when we hired some part timers to come in and do scanning only, they weren't interfering with the design computers/my folks doing just designing. Which you can do with IOS scanners and now the Medit scanners because they don't need 3shape or exocad on them to do just scanning (standalone scanners). Then the scans go to a network drive where the designers can grab them and design away. Plus, its a nice backup if one of your pcs goes down, you can always use one of the scan pcs and throw it anywhere (reverting back to what Sevan originally suggested).

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
Yep, good info. The cam pc can run both Rolands, just make sure it's a fairly gamer edition so as Sevan states it can calculate those larger cases faster, prevents crashes as well. I'd get separate pcs for scan/design, you don't have too as Cool Luke stated but as you grow like we have, we had to create scan only workstations. Therefore, when we hired some part timers to come in and do scanning only, they weren't interfering with the design computers/my folks doing just designing. Which you can do with IOS scanners and now the Medit scanners because they don't need 3shape or exocad on them to do just scanning (standalone scanners). Then the scans go to a network drive where the designers can grab them and design away. Plus, its a nice backup if one of your pcs goes down, you can always use one of the scan pcs and throw it anywhere (reverting back to what Sevan originally suggested).
Out standing Rob

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
I have separate cheap and old laptop for operating 3 DWX 52DC-s. I am loading the calculated files to vpanel and thats it. I am calculating the works on the same PC I use for scanning and some designing (have 3 more PC-s, two for only designing and one for scan and design).