Reline Suggestions

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Id try mid palatal foil relief to try and increase suction potential... worth a try.
ive even scribed a peripheral seal across the entire buccal border on cases to try and increase suction, some of these can be rather difficult to get a win on! a stone model isnt always the best reflection of the soft tissue environment
We did a bead on the periphery of one of them, didn't help...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Could it be that with every reline extra weight is added to the cud?

I think this would be a good candidate for a digital denture from an IOS scan.
It would be much lighter and would be made to a passive mucossa.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Could it be that with every reline extra weight is added to the cud?

I think this would be a good candidate for a digital denture from an IOS scan.
It would be much lighter and would be made to a passive mucossa.
It could be with one of them, but the other is a Turbyfill branching denture. ( This was a new denture for her after the previous injection reline) We made the denture with relief for the hydrocast, the patient wore it for 2 weeks and then was relined. From what I understand from the Dr. this lady has had the same problem with every denture she's ever had and she refuses implants.

Last edited:
F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
I have a Dr who is having retention problems with 2 patients. Both have had problems keeping a maxillary denture in since day one.
Both have previously had PVS impressions and then Ivocap relines, didn't help. So then she put them in hydrocast for a couple of weeks, which they had retention while they were in hydrocast. A week or so after we Ivocap relined again no retention. But they had retention the day it was delivered. They both have dry mouths'. Any suggestions?
No suction with dry mouth.

N

nickate

Reaction score
Molloplast soft liner. Keep the liner thickness minimal so it ain't heavy. Put a foil palatal relief strip in as well... Have Dr. mark the vibrating line on the Hydrocast impression and instruct you as to depth.

Top Bottom