Wax up of the week

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
What wax(es) did you use there? Mostly build up in wet wax or carve in set wax?
edit: Forget to say that looks very nice
Thanks
Gebdi hardy. it's so hard that doctors ask if work is ready and this is acrylic.
unfortunately the color is more orange than pink.

my technique is very sketchy carving, adding wax where it is missing, and scraping again more accurately.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
warming up the hair dryer so much that the wax is liquid but does not melt, it slowly cools down until it hardens.
Man, I was trying to puzzle it out. If I blow it up, I don't see tool marks, but it's matte. I was guessing a foam sponge or the like.
That's really clever. I'd take that over toothbrush stipple any day.
It's a nice effect.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Thanks
Gebdi hardy. it's so hard that doctors ask if work is ready and this is acrylic.
unfortunately the color is more orange than pink.

my technique is very sketchy carving, adding wax where it is missing, and scraping again more accurately.
You are way too humble.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
IMG_20191103_171853.jpg
I still have a lot to learn and practice, and I like to do waxup, but I decided not to do it anymore. I like composite finishes more. I just don't know what topic to throw into?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
its been awhile, so here's a little denture setup for everyone to pick apart!
continual progression for us. always striving to do better each day. this is a true testament to our technicians and their passion for dental technology

Dent1.jpg Dent2.jpg Dent3.jpg Dent4.jpg

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
TY,
called "Optistipple"
Also like the pure analog, figured you had quietly gone digital... below is analog as well, there's no comparison in quality compared to digital . 1605046835688.png

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
its been awhile, so here's a little denture setup for everyone to pick apart!
continual progression for us. always striving to do better each day. this is a true testament to our technicians and their passion for dental technology

View attachment 37170 View attachment 37171 View attachment 37172 View attachment 37173
The only quibble I see on first glance is that it seems there is a rising and lowering in the plane of occlusion at 11-15. Is that an illusion? If not I'm curious why the plane wasn't extended at the premolar height.

Other than that, I'm rather impressed. Need to come back down and play at your treehouse again.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
The only quibble I see on first glance is that it seems there is a rising and lowering in the plane of occlusion at 11-15. Is that an illusion? If not I'm curious why the plane wasn't extended at the premolar height.

Other than that, I'm rather impressed. Need to come back down and play at your treehouse again.
That looks like it may be lingualized occlusion. I like the natural look of it. Although the long axis of #9 could be straightened up a little if you were being critical. But I like it the way it is.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
What was once in wax... View attachment 37168
I like the subtle bilateral asymmetry.
Question about the papillae areas 7-8, 8-9. Are they that "open" or do you have some different colored material in those areas? Looking at phone screen it's hard to tell.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score

@Doris A is correct, lingualized occlusion. there are some tricky cusp tips pushing the plane around in 12/13 region. we left them untouched for the try in and the Dr will decide if he wants us to fix that up some.

the more i look at it, the more i want to tweak and correct stuff....but this was just on a whim. no extra time was taken on this setup, just different techniques and tools. lots to keep working on and doing better on, this was just an sample of our team working to better themselves every day

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
Base contours are established in wax, maintained in processing and highlighted (about 5 minutes) with GC GradiaPlus lustre paint.
then I hide my visio.lign set in the drawer. optiglaze color did not convince me, but it is promising.
I also use this technique on the surface
Optistipple, thanks to You.
please show me more pictures

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
I like the subtle bilateral asymmetry.
Question about the papillae areas 7-8, 8-9. Are they that "open" or do you have some different colored material in those areas? Looking at phone screen it's hard to tell.
Not open, short, blunt, and rounded. It is cleansable, and imparts depth and a look of individuality to each tooth.