Problems Buying Equipment, What Would You Do?

E

erykd1

Reaction score
We were approached by a popular supplier about a trade in promotion for a new scanner. We're set up with one decent one right now, but it would be nice to get a second scanner to keep up with incoming cases. It was a pretty significant discount (30%) with a trade in of our old, unused 3m STI thant was sitting in storage. I was quoted over the phone and in emails a final price of $4650 after trade in. Sounds great! I wanted to be absolutely sure since for those who don't know, the 3M STI is a beast of a scanner that needs a pallet and has to be shipped via freight. So I ship my old scanner to them, they receive it, and send the new scanner out to me, but they charged my card $5000. I'm told they went off the wrong MSRP when calculating the final price. I explain that I verified the amount several times (twice verbally, once in an email, as well as a flyer from the company with their price of the scanner before the discount) before committing to buy. A shipping fee was not discussed, but I was later told that the shipping fee was $50, which I'm OK with, but that still leaves us $300 off. It's not a ton of money, but that could obviously be used for other lab expenses.

I'm not going to post their name publicly yet, as I hope they will honor the quoted price, but so far I just keep getting the runaround of "Management is reviewing everything". My voicemail to the manager has not been returned, and I've just got this thing sitting here, unopened. I was told by the sales associate how great of a deal I'm still getting, how old my STI was, etc... It all means nothing to me, as the old scanner was discussed and they still offered me the 30% discount.

I feel like it's a pretty clear black & white situation that a company cannot quote a sales price, then go ahead and charge a different amount. Luckily, I put the purchase on a credit card, so I should have some protection there.

I'll update this thread once there is a resolution. It will either be about a company that is shady and I will never do business with again, or a company that can stand up, do the right thing, and we can have a future relationship.

Thoughts?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they will honor the quoted price and this will be all mute. However, you have to stay on some folks and for $300 I'd be on the phone too and probably not as nice as you were. A quoted price is just that. I'd give them to the end of the day to rectify the situation and I'd even tell them I'm going to reverse the credit card charges because that wasn't the quote. Reversing credit card charges usually has a time limit on it. You are clearly in your legal right to do it and when they get there shlt together, then they can charge your card the actual quoted amount. I'd bet it gets solved by noon today. Keep us posted.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
If you file a dispute with the credit card company, they'll change their tune very quickly. Three hundred isn't all that much, but it's the principle of it.

E

erykd1

Reaction score
Well, it took a few days and I was ready to get in touch with my bank, but Jimmy @ Aurident stepped up and refunded the difference. I'm glad they did the right thing and would definitely use them in the future.

E

erykd1

Reaction score
So aside from the trade in hiccup, everything else has been great with getting the new scanner. We have a Shining 3d DS-EX that has been great in our lab, we now have our Shining 3D DS-EX Pro up and running and it is faaaaast!
Aurident is still offering the trade in program for this month, so If you have an old scanner sitting around collecting dust, think about taking advantage of this promo. Ask for Ifanee.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
So aside from the trade in hiccup, everything else has been great with getting the new scanner. We have a Shining 3d DS-EX that has been great in our lab, we now have our Shining 3D DS-EX Pro up and running and it is faaaaast!
Aurident is still offering the trade in program for this month, so If you have an old scanner sitting around collecting dust, think about taking advantage of this promo. Ask for Ifanee.
Do you know anything about their P5 milling machine for $18,000?

E

erykd1

Reaction score
Do you know anything about their P5 milling machine for $18,000?
No experience with it, but it sure looks like a decent mill for the price

Last edited: