Exocad tooth libraries

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I feel it takes me too long to design crowns (about twenty minutes not counting scanning).
I think if I could have a tooth library with general shape of teeth (posteriors) that will require less tweaking I would cut my designing time in half.
I use "alternative" library mostly for everything except alot of times for implant cases I will use "zrs00" library because the cervical area is much wider than "alternative".
When I bought exocad it came with 9 libraries:
zrs01
zrs00
priti T
priti R
priti Q
generic smooth
generic
ashortia
alternative
I see some work out there with crowns looking not like any library I have.
My chief dislikes are:
occlusion is too deep and too rounded, necks too narrow, and the general shape of posteriors needs lots of adjustments.
I would like to get a library or two that will help me with less tweaking to cut down my designing time.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Im new to this forum...so im not sure if posting external links are allowed. If not i appologize in advanced.

You can get a free library from here on this video description (there is a link on it). You don't have to watch the video....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOw4YhQOCLs
or you can buy one here...https://www.bdpdental.com/dental-lab-training/cad-cam-training/smile-library

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I use the “ashortia” almost exclusively.
Sometimes I look into an different one, but seems like I cancel it and go back to Ashortia.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
download the ones from the youtube description. i think they have different ones and its free. Sorry im not a cad designer but just a hobby looking up stuff. I do scanning, milling, casting models and some tech stuff.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
save your design and create your own library...that will be the best way of doing it. but doctors have their own preferences. but still it will save you time. My cad manager can design a single molar crown in under 10mins (around 7mins may be). Thats the benefits of creating own library i guess.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I use the “ashortia” almost exclusively.
Sometimes I look into an different one, but seems like I cancel it and go back to Ashortia.
I will try ashortia, I thought it's occlusal is too busy so I didn't use it. The overall shape looks pretty good. I like ZZ's libraries but can't buy them.

E

erykd1

Reaction score
I will try ashortia, I thought it's occlusal is too busy so I didn't use it. The overall shape looks pretty good. I like ZZ's libraries but can't buy them.
I agree, the occlusal is a little crazy but I like the overall shape. I just end up smoothing out some of the occlusal madness before I finish. If you're on facebook, there are lots of people trading libraries or check out the other dental lab forum that shall not be named.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I agree, the occlusal is a little crazy but I like the overall shape. I just end up smoothing out some of the occlusal madness before I finish. If you're on facebook, there are lots of people trading libraries or check out the other dental lab forum that shall not be named.
I never got with the facebook thing, and what,s the other lab forum, I am clueless!

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score

I have to agree too, but overall the shape just seems to drop in the best. And I smooth some of it out a little sometimes also.
It’s crazy if I try to load a different tooth library after first placing the ashortia and the tooth drops in all crooked. So I just go back to ashortia . I also have all the zrs and there are around 50?
I also like that the cusps are more soft than alternative.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I feel it takes me too long to design crowns (about twenty minutes not counting scanning).
I think if I could have a tooth library with general shape of teeth (posteriors) that will require less tweaking I would cut my designing time in half.
I use "alternative" library mostly for everything except alot of times for implant cases I will use "zrs00" library because the cervical area is much wider than "alternative".
When I bought exocad it came with 9 libraries:
zrs01
zrs00
priti T
priti R
priti Q
generic smooth
generic
ashortia
alternative
I see some work out there with crowns looking not like any library I have.
My chief dislikes are:
occlusion is too deep and too rounded, necks too narrow, and the general shape of posteriors needs lots of adjustments.
I would like to get a library or two that will help me with less tweaking to cut down my designing time.
Not sure what version of exocad you're on but we have more libraries now with ours. Matera has a much larger choice, I default to Seraphim for posteriors, Aida is also good. Bicuspids are always Seraphim, super form, may modify occlusals a touch. If you need super flat due to adjacents or lack of clearance there's Edwin which you can tweak in short order but doesn't have the large cusp height to Fossa depth that can plaque us with under-prepared occlusal preps, bottoming out right from the get go. Hope this helps, these extra libraries make a big difference.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Not sure what version of exocad you're on but we have more libraries now with ours. Matera has a much larger choice, I default to Seraphim for posteriors, Aida is also good. Bicuspids are always Seraphim, super form, may modify occlusals a touch. If you need super flat due to adjacents or lack of clearance there's Edwin which you can tweak in short order but doesn't have the large cusp height to Fossa depth that can plaque us with under-prepared occlusal preps, bottoming out right from the get go. Hope this helps, these extra libraries make a big difference.
I use what came with exo in November 2016. I have the next version I guess Matera, but like the original one better.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I have to agree too, but overall the shape just seems to drop in the best. And I smooth some of it out a little sometimes also.
It’s crazy if I try to load a different tooth library after first placing the ashortia and the tooth drops in all crooked. So I just go back to ashortia . I also have all the zrs and there are around 50?
I also like that the cusps are more soft than alternative.
Interesting that Ashortia is more usefull than all zrs libraries. Why did exo even made them?

M

miltonic

Reaction score
Hey Sda36, I'm on Plovdiv and I don't even see these libraries. I even have the ZRS libraries but nothing that says Seraphim, Aida, or Edwin. Are these Exocad libraries or did your exo retailer throw them in separately? I'd love to try them out. Thanks for chiming in on my other thread!

M

miltonic

Reaction score
Funny, I've come to the same conclusion as you guys in that I usually go alternative since it seems to match patients natural teeth the closest, but also use Ashortia pretty often too. Once in awhile HD...the rest just have certain features that can be deal breakers for me. I spend a little more than 20 minutes per crown pretty often, I think I try to customize the contours too much and wonder if the dentists can even tell how custom it is lol. I did notice on Plovdiv that their copy tooth function is better than it used to be, I've done a few cases recently where I did a mirror copy of the patients natural tooth, and cleaned it up a little after adapting to the margin, ended up looking really good and matched their natural anatomy/contours.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Interesting that Ashortia is more usefull than all zrs libraries. Why did exo even made them?
Funny, I've come to the same conclusion as you guys in that I usually go alternative since it seems to match patients natural teeth the closest, but also use Ashortia pretty often too. Once in awhile HD...the rest just have certain features that can be deal breakers for me. I spend a little more than 20 minutes per crown pretty often, I think I try to customize the contours too much and wonder if the dentists can even tell how custom it is lol. I did notice on Plovdiv that their copy tooth function is better than it used to be, I've done a few cases recently where I did a mirror copy of the patients natural tooth, and cleaned it up a little after adapting to the margin, ended up looking really good and matched their natural anatomy/contours.

I have found recently, for Max bicuspids that zrs 60, 59, 58 work well for me. Not as busy as my fav. ashortia. Still use ashortia for most molars.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Hey Sda36, I'm on Plovdiv and I don't even see these libraries. I even have the ZRS libraries but nothing that says Seraphim, Aida, or Edwin. Are these Exocad libraries or did your exo retailer throw them in separately? I'd love to try them out. Thanks for chiming in on my other thread!
I'm still on Mattera and yes I think my reseller added them in, worth checking into from yours. There's also one I use very often called " Mystery Anatomy" I firmly believe it to be a likeness of Matt Roberts. Best part of it is the proximals of anteriors are bulked out so you can close spaces without altering your line angles, a real headache avoided. Very nice shapes also, use very often for diagnostic set ups. Here's a few pics of a case from last week using that library from provisionals to final. Haven't seen in the mouth yet but was thrilled with the provisionals. Sorry for the camera shots, got a new phone and still breaking it in.

Attachments

• 20210309_124549.jpg
    20210309_124549.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 20210309_124605.jpg
    20210309_124605.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 20210309_124612.jpg
    20210309_124612.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 95
Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I'm still on Mattera and yes I think my reseller added them in, worth checking into from yours. There's also one I use very often called " Mystery Anatomy" I firmly believe it to be a likeness of Matt Roberts. Best part of it is the proximals of anteriors are bulked out so you can close spaces without altering your line angles, a real headache avoided. Very nice shapes also, use very often for diagnostic set ups. Here's a few pics of a case from last week using that library from provisionals to final. Haven't seen in the mouth yet but was thrilled with the provisionals. Sorry for the camera shots, got a new phone and still breaking it in.
Went in the mouth today, no adjustments, Yay 🙂

W

WILONCE

Reaction score
You can search for Juan Carlos Palma's libraries. Only upper teeths.

Mostly i use Ashortia, those Priti libraries are a mess imo. Regards

B

Borja91

Reaction score
does anyone have the Ashortia file to share. We lost ours when our computer crashed and everything transferred over except that one file which we use almost 100% of the time.