Formlabs 2 models

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Let's take a poll and see how many Asiga Maxes are sitting in a dusty room being unused. LOL
I'm not bashing your printer.
I think you're diminishing it's advantages by calling it the same thing that every other rep calls their printer.
your welcome.

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
I'm not bashing your printer.
I think you're diminishing it's advantages by calling it the same thing that every other rep calls their printer.
your welcome.
Perhaps, but I'm not a sales rep. I'm a technician. I'm not trying to sell the thing. I'm trying to help others by letting them know what's coming.

I'm really not concerned about parsing my vernacular because salespeople over use the term and customers fall for it. I believe this printer is going to change the 3D printing game. Feel free to investigate that opinion or disregard because you don't like the phrase "game-changer." Geez louise, can we focus a little less on the words someone uses and focus more on stuff that matters?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
effin chill dude
you're the one sellin this on the formlabs thread.

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
I'm not the one nitpicking about someone using a phrase that ruffles my feathers. What a ridiculous conversation. If you have any valid questions about the printer, let me know. I'd be happy to answer them. Have a good one.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
what makes it a game changer?

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
what makes it a game changer?
Many things. This printer is incredibly accurate, very fast, utilizes the same positioning encoder technology found in the Asiga Max, and features a build plate larger than the Carbon M.2. There is no other printer on the market anywhere where you can get a printer that is so precise, fast, and reliable at this price. The other side of this is steps that we are taking here at Whip Mix to provide customers with a wide range of applications for these printers. In our support department, we are dental technicians with years of experience with these printers. We have an incredible R&D team that is working on some really incredible materials. We have the only FDA approved splint resin in the United States. Keystone is close to releasing theirs, which will be 510k cleared on the Asiga printers. We are one of very few companies that have a 510k cleared 3D printed denture system. While the resins aren't the greatest yet (we're actually formulating our own),we have established a regulatory baseline that will enable us to bring more Class II medical devices to market much faster. There are some very very exciting things in the works, and those who choose Asiga are going to be able to participate in that.

Bottom line: 1. There isn't any other printer with this kind of accuracy, speed and build volume on the market near this price. No close competition.
2. Whip Mix has an awesome R&D and support team to back up our products. Don't take my word for it. Talk to people that have an Asiga Max.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Forms2 vs. Asiga...what's the speed advantage? A full build plate in the Asiga Max takes how long?

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
Full build plate on the Asiga is going to be between 35-45 minutes, depending on the resin, at 100 micron layers. Between 45 minutes and 1 hour at 50 microns. I don't know exactly what a full build plate of models would be on a Form2, but I'm guessing it's somewhere between 6-8 hours. The difference is tremendous.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Forms2 vs. Asiga...what's the speed advantage? A full build plate in the Asiga Max takes how long?

I can vouch depending on the size of the models and angulation a full tray can take around 6 hours if you are doing full arched models at around a 70 degree tilt from the tray. However doing a full tray at miniscule tilt will take anywhere from 3-4 hours or so at 100 microns. For less detail specific printing you can throw it at 140micron and that takes about 40% less time, but if you start going to 50 or 25 micron expect to be printing for 15-20+ hours.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I can vouch depending on the size of the models and angulation a full tray can take around 6 hours if you are doing full arched models at around a 70 degree tilt from the tray. However doing a full tray at miniscule tilt will take anywhere from 3-4 hours or so at 100 microns. For less detail specific printing you can throw it at 140micron and that takes about 40% less time, but if you start going to 50 or 25 micron expect to be printing for 15-20+ hours.
20+ hours for 50 micron on an Asiga? I've had 26 hours on the Forms2 at 50 micron but was hoping the Asiga was a lot faster at 50 microns compared to Forms.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
20+ hours ? Stupid I use printers considered sub-par by "dental brand " zealots... yet I got about 3.5h/batch @ 50 microns, no tilt. For the price of just one Asiga I can run a whole farm of these printers in parallel with similar print quality and unmatched redundancy...duh

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
20+ hours for 50 micron on an Asiga? I've had 26 hours on the Forms2 at 50 micron but was hoping the Asiga was a lot faster at 50 microns compared to Forms.

That's my mistake I was talking about the Form 2 and the 20+ hours is on the 25 micron setting, I have had full tray prints take over 30 hours. At 50 microns its lower obviously but still pretty long, however in my opinion the time isn't a deal breaker because in most cases the models arriving the next day is still really good, and instead we went the route of having more printers instead of filling them to bursting, this keeps the print times manageable across the board.

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
With anything else in life, Speed Costs Money, how fast do you want to go?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
With anything else in life, Speed Costs Money, how fast do you want to go?
Fast man, but it's for fixed models so accuracy comes first of course. Just not ready for Carbon yet!!!

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
20+ hours ? Stupid I use printers considered sub-par by "dental brand " zealots... yet I got about 3.5h/batch @ 50 microns, no tilt. For the price of just one Asiga I can run a whole farm of these printers in parallel with similar print quality and unmatched redundancy...duh
What's your latest fave Zero_zero? Phrozon 4k yet? Curious 🙂

G

grantoz

Reaction score
my max full plate of models 50 micron 1 hour .what you guys doing 1 micron layers