DOF vs Medit

D

drforbesdmd

Reaction score
Looking for a desktop scanner for my in-office lab, I know DOF integrates with exocad well, however how does it compare to the new T series from Medit.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The difference is $$$. DOF has multiple options, medit, has one new model as far as I know..

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I've had a DOF HD since they were released. It's been reliable and I like the scan software abilities. Workflow is fast and easy. Lots of full arch cement and screw retained cases with no issues scanning verified models.

doug

doug

Reaction score
We bought a DOF HD a couple of years ago and have been very happy with it.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
both are a viable option. there are others to consider as well. (not 3shape) lol

C

charles007

Reaction score
Both DOF and Medit are high quality scanners that use Exocad, no difference, basically comparing Chevy to Ford. If your looking for speed, Medit has faster scanning speed, but scan quality is equal. Both high quality scanners and probably the most popular brands.
Medit just came out with new models newer than the Medit T series that came out in early 2017.

3 Shape is a second option, much different software, and comes with higher yearly software usage cost called yearly license fee, that must be paid to use the scanner. Scanners that use Exocad has a yearly Support fee that includes software Updates. This yearly Support fee is an option that's not required to be paid.

To extend a longer list of popular scanners that use Exocad are DOF, Medit, Shinning 3D, AG and ZirkonZahn. These are the most used scanners in labs and I bet DOF and Medit scanners are more widely used.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
No need for a desktop scanner if you have a Trios with dental desktop software.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
nope
I think John Wilson gets them instead.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Wow, Wilson ditched his desktop scanners for Trios?

DAL Claxton

DAL Claxton

Reaction score
For Medit, the new T-Series have three different options. A less expensive T310 that is purely C&B cases, a medium cost T510 scanner with texture & articulator scanning built in, and the high end T710 with all modules coming with it being the only one capable of impression scanning.

I don't want to suggest a software between the two as I might be considered biased haha.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Both DOF and Medit are high quality scanners that use Exocad, no difference, basically comparing Chevy to Ford. If your looking for speed, Medit has faster scanning speed, but scan quality is equal. Both high quality scanners and probably the most popular brands.
Medit just came out with new models newer than the Medit T series that came out in early 2017.

3 Shape is a second option, much different software, and comes with higher yearly software usage cost called yearly license fee, that must be paid to use the scanner. Scanners that use Exocad has a yearly Support fee that includes software Updates. This yearly Support fee is an option that's not required to be paid.

To extend a longer list of popular scanners that use Exocad are DOF, Medit, Shinning 3D, AG and ZirkonZahn. These are the most used scanners in labs and I bet DOF and Medit scanners are more widely used.
Also with 3shape if you fail to pay your annual license fee, you can't even operate your scanner, dead dongle. Exocad keeps on ticking for all time with your "at the time version" Kinda good stuff to consider.Party

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Also with 3shape if you fail to pay your annual license fee, you can't even operate your scanner, dead dongle. Exocad keeps on ticking for all time with your "at the time version" Kinda good stuff to consider.Party
Sorry, no experience with Medit.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
opinions are free, josh. as a wise white man once said Here's my ten cents, my two cents is free.

so speak your mind.

now, if you believe your own bs, that's something else entirely.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I try to walk a fine line between giving information and trying not to endorse anything until I can work into being a sponsor here!
I know and it's appreciated. I'm just yanking your tail.

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score

Just to correct here :
AG and ZirkonZahn do not make scanners, they are SmartOptics (germany) scanners.

Now, as some might know, we have done an extensive study of multiples scanner in regards of precision, predictability, speed,etc. (over 15 scanners were tried by the way, only top of their line for each brand)

Medit score highest with the T500 within all value equal with 3shape E3
DOF HD was less accurate by few micron, but overall a super nice scanner and super fast
I couldn't put my hands on a E4 during our extensive testing

Medit also have one of the best interface, but that could be an opinion more than a fact (thing said, the 3 persons involve in the testing, we did prefer Medit interface)

I am waiting for my T710 and will try to get an E4 to continue our testing, pretty sure T710 will rock them all (little finger telling me)

Best of the buck I will still strongly suggest T500 or the new T710 for sure if you can get one (still new, a lots of orders going)

Don't get me wrong, DOF HD is a good scanner, at the end if you have a good price, good feeling with it and important a very good supplier, you will not be disappointed.

NOTE : This comments IS NOT PAID BY ANY SCANNER COMPANY

NOTE : All desktop scanner was compare to an industrial scientific scanner with a precision of 1 nanometer (1000x times more precise than any of the desktop scanners used during this testing)

NOTE : Yes MEDIT T500 is the scanner we use in our production facility to scan the wax-up of implants bars case, our implant cases are scanned with the nanometer scanner, we appreciate the Medit T500 because all 5 of them run 12 hours a days non-stop and none have broken since we use them (almost 3 years now)

you understand the whole purpose of my study was to pick what scanner we would use within my own company, as you can see we do thousands of scans per month so it had to be precise, fast and reliable and I am known to be SUPER FREAKING PICKY :p :p :p

Top Bottom