Printed custom trays

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
we were just talking about printing trays and discluding nightguards. are you doing any of these with exocad? id hate to have to throw more money at printers, but want to be able to open up some of this stuff
Yes, we started this about a year ago. We use black resin and put the name of pt. And doctor's name on the tray. Even put little holes near border to hold the impression material in it. I will admit I don't do many these days because my docs have been converting over to digital scans for edentulous appliances.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
In Exo, the easiest is Bitesplint module, please correct me if i'm wrong @2thm8kr
As for printing, there is so many cheap @ss printers out there that this would be a great time to get into printing to get your feet wet and print your own. If it was me, I'd purchase a printer <$1000 and start printing your own custom trays. You'll get so fast at it your pockets will need pockets for all that cash you are stuffing in them :p
[/QUOTE
You are correct sir. Bite splint module is one of the most versatile modules in exocad.

2thm8kr is busy printing trays :p
Don't forget gothic arch tracers and verification jigs or try in prototypes of dentures and the occasional snap on type smile for a patient to see the changes we are proposing and how it will effect their function.

is that the cheap @ss printer lab Guy was referring to?
I farm the prints out, so I guess I am cheap @ss:D

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Go to the Zirkonzann site and download the free custom tray software. Been using it for years. Quick and easy for design
So I don't have to buy bite splint module and can use ZZ tray software without owning anything ZZ? It's my understanding that you need to buy a ZZ scanner and milling machine in order to use any of their software. Please elaborate.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
Its free for anyone. I dont have any other zz product

apostolis159

apostolis159

Reaction score
So I don't have to buy bite splint module and can use ZZ tray software without owning anything ZZ? It's my understanding that you need to buy a ZZ scanner and milling machine in order to use any of their software. Please elaborate.
Their custom tray software is free to download and use, for everyone. It's standalone, doesn't require any other software/module to run and use.
It's also fairly straightforward, plus there's instructional videos for it.

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Curious on the best nesting stragedy of custom trays (vertical, horizontal, angled). Also curious on print time. On my Moonray S laying them flat with minimal supports takes about 1.25 hours.