Dry milling machine suggestions

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Hi

What milling machines WITH block changer do you suggest, that will be used to mill zirconia, PMMA and wax? I might be moving away from Roland milling machines so I need a good alternative. So far VHF S5 looks like one.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Who is the reseller and what kind of support will you get with a vhf mill?

I'm starting to look into a 5 axis too, so I'm curious about that companies K5+ mill. But would be concerned about the support of the reseller.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi

What milling machines WITH block changer do you suggest, that will be used to mill zirconia, PMMA and wax? I might be moving away from Roland milling machines so I need a good alternative. So far VHF S5 looks like one.
Block changer? or Puck changer?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Block changer? or Puck changer?
theres no nit worth picking here, there are no machines that change individual blocks but in a multi-puck environment you can have a puck holder that holds a new rack of 4/6/8 emax blocks. versamill's newest machine can hold a bunch of these puckholders, and if you place one of the 6unit blockholders in a few of those, you end up with a mchine that can mill 6 emaxes and then change holders and mill 6 more. repeat as necessary.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
What about imes 250i with changer?

P

pizza4cat

Reaction score
Not sure if we should go for this one or the PM7

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
So for me its down to two brands: VHF and IMES as I have support in my country. It is either 350i loader or VHF S5 (R5 when I get good offer). I am mainly using the mill for soft materials - starting to switch out the roland mills. Also time to time emax and custom abutments. So my question is: are these machines equal in milling quality?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We bought an Ivoclar PM7 18 months ago. We only mill dry(zirc, wax, pmma). The support has been excellent. We have had one service issue with the puck changer that put our mill down for one week. During that time, we were able to send all our milling to lab partnered with Ivolcar to have all our milling down for free while our mill was down. This mill can also mill wet so you can do emax, Cr-Co, and abutments if you wanted to. I know those materials are harder on the mill, but I see many people doing that successfully on the PM7 Facebook support group.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
From my limited experience, I like VHF for build quality, as well as mill quality. I have a VHF K4 (Wieland Mini) and recently bought a VHF K5 (Programill Dry, Programill CAM).
I've had the Mini for about 5+ years and never had to have it serviced yet, even for the spindle.
I've had the Dry mill for about 3 weeks and have milled about 100 units of PMMA, wax and zirconia and am very happy with the fit and finish.
I'm a 1 man lab, so I'm not doing the greater volume of milling as a bigger lab, which may also factor into the Mini's longevity. Part of
the reason I went with the Dry, was due to Ivoclar's excellent support I've received over the years.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I have my VHF S5 and Mihm vogt HT-2/M/Zirkon-120 for about 6 weeks (my first mill) and everything is to my satisfaction. The margins and fit are great. So far only milling zr.

S

Scott Raab

Reaction score
From my limited experience, I like VHF for build quality, as well as mill quality. I have a VHF K4 (Wieland Mini) and recently bought a VHF K5 (Programill Dry, Programill CAM).
I've had the Mini for about 5+ years and never had to have it serviced yet, even for the spindle.
I've had the Dry mill for about 3 weeks and have milled about 100 units of PMMA, wax and zirconia and am very happy with the fit and finish.
I'm a 1 man lab, so I'm not doing the greater volume of milling as a bigger lab, which may also factor into the Mini's longevity. Part of
the reason I went with the Dry, was due to Ivoclar's excellent support I've received over the years.
VHF by far! I have a 200 that I started with several years ago and last year I added a 5 axes M205 !! Great Mills!! Highly recommend them . Call Jensen for more info.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
So to end the thread, I am going for coritec 350i loaders. As said, I need a machine that has local support and with that I have it.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I have a VHF K5 that has recently acted up. I changed end switches a years ago and found it to be doable,but a pain in the ass. The pain is the German connectors, over engineered for a table top machine. Recently my mill broke a tool and then tried to measure a tool on the holder instead of pressure switch. My reseller believes its the cam locks on the motors of the Y-axis, it's a steel pin that sits in a Aluminum block with hole for the pin on motor to lock into? Any luck and I can get the parts by next week. One thing to remember is the packaging it comes in will be needed to ship for services when needed. I am coming up on roughly 5000hrs of milling with it. Minus the hiccup with the old board(installed silex connection at no charge early on)) I haven't had any troubles. Next year I will be driving to Long Island so it can be refurbished hopefully to run another 5000hrs.

Top Bottom