Issues pressing Amber

C

CWLower

Reaction score
My lab just recently switched from using Emax and LiSi to exclusively using LT Amber Press and almost half of my units mispress. I'm following all the directions for the material exactly, I don't know what to do to correct it. I've attached some photos of the problem

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
My lab just recently switched from using Emax and LiSi to exclusively using LT Amber Press and almost half of my units mispress. I'm following all the directions for the material exactly, I don't know what to do to correct it. I've attached some photos of the problem

1st questions:
What machine?
What is your program?
What investment?
What is your burnout process?

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
So , before switching “exclusively “, did you not get some good pressings that made you change over? If not, ......🤔
I’ve never used amber but I wish you good luck.
Had a bunch of errors trying to get Lisi to work but all good now.

W

Willard

Reaction score
Have never used amber press ,
Looks like temp burnout or press oven not hot enough. Also spru design may be a ???

Z

ztech

Reaction score
Calibrate the burnout furnace first, then increase your press oven temp by 5 degrees Celsius, Then increments of 2 until 100% good pressing. Some of your placements in the ring are not ideal but most should have pressed and would have if the ingot was the right viscosity when pressed. I switched to amber about 6 months ago and now use both milled and pressed. On your placement, remember that the closer to the external surface of the ring the unit is the more heat it will get.

C

CWLower

Reaction score
1st questions:
What machine?
What is your program?
What investment?
What is your burnout process?
-EP 5000
-B:700 t:60 T:915 H:20:00 E:300
-IPS Pressvest Premium
-45 min @ 1562 F