Some crowns are opposing eachother and some are not

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Need a little help on this one. Both arches will be working models in DB set up if I do the upper and lower in one shot, so can't click to adjust to opposing model.
What is the best way to set up this job so I can adjust to opposing. I was thinking to cad the upper first and then import that finished upper to a separate job to design the lower. I just don't know how to save the upper in the first job and how to import it as the opposing model to the second job. So what is the best way to design this case with the least amount of guesswork?
Thanks in advance! thumbnail_20201009_081305.jpg thumbnail_20201009_081327.jpg

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
This is in exocad ^

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Maybe design the lower 'ideal', then create an stl of it and use it to oppose the upper arch?
I don't know how to save and import, Can you please share how to.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Let me share my wisdom of exocad with you;)
Once they are completely finished, make sure only the arch and crowns you want to copy are visible and click expert mode.
Then, right click save.
choose export scene to mesh.
Give it a distinguishable name if you'd like and and hit save, then yes when asked a question.
Now, I imagine you open the other order to design the other teeth and choose to design without scanning so you can import the new working archwith teeth to be designed and the saved crowns as the opposing. They should import in the correct bite as well

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I don't know how to save and import, Can you please share how to.
Oh my, It has been a while since I played with exocad. Maybe some one more knowledgable can help you.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
But I have designed crowns that oppose each other and you can adjust to opposing still. When you do, there is a little box to check so you can decide which crowns to "cut intersections"/ reduce to opposing.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Let me share my wisdom of exocad with you;)
Once they are completely finished, make sure only the arch and crowns you want to copy are visible and click expert mode.
Then, right click save.
choose export scene to mesh.
Give it a distinguishable name if you'd like and and hit save, then yes when asked a question.
Now, I imagine you open the other order to design the other teeth and choose to design without scanning so you can import the new working archwith teeth to be designed and the saved crowns as the opposing. They should import in the correct bite as well
I just tried this with a single crown for practice. Everything worked but I don't know where to find the saved mesh.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
When I write up the second job do I scan the opposing and then export mesh and merge it with the scanned opposing?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
So you've already scanned the two arches that need teeth and designed the arch of your choice. Then did the expert mode, right click save, export mesh (when exporting mesh it will open the file folder, look at the top area where there is a line of drive/file names and that will be where it's saved in the below pic of my screen it says
"this PC > Windows (C:) > CAD-Data-Plovdiv > yada yada......this is the directions on how to find the file next time, it should just be that same patients file.
1602256491553.png
So when you start the opposing crowns as a new case just set it up as a normal case with the crowns selected and the oppossing selected as any normal case. Instead of scanning again select the design icon. It will automaticall bring up the file window to and ask you to choose the working side jaw. So open that patients file and select the correct jaw. it will then ask you to select the opposing jaw, here select the already designed crowns you did the expert mode export file for. 1602256999531.png

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
It worked!!!!!! Whatever is selected to scan (Opposing or working etc). import mesh imports the file there!!!
So after I scan articulated models I can align the imported mesh with the articulated model to get the correct position??

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
It worked!!!!!! Whatever is selected to scan (Opposing or working etc). import mesh imports the file there!!!
So after I scan articulated models I can align the imported mesh with the articulated model to get the correct position??
I think it should import in the right position automatically because it's in that position from the original scan.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I really don't think you should have to scan again

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
RileyS Thank you for your wisdom and willingness to help a drowning fellow dental tech Beer

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Need a little help on this one. Both arches will be working models in DB set up if I do the upper and lower in one shot, so can't click to adjust to opposing model.
What is the best way to set up this job so I can adjust to opposing. I was thinking to cad the upper first and then import that finished upper to a separate job to design the lower. I just don't know how to save the upper in the first job and how to import it as the opposing model to the second job. So what is the best way to design this case with the least amount of guesswork?
Thanks in advance! View attachment 37002 View attachment 37003
The way I see it you have plenty of land marks to do them separately. Start a job with either one first, design the upper and then open another work file and do the opposing. This way you can used”adjust opposing” as you like.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Does this mean RileyS doesn't hate Medit/Exocad?...asking for a friend ;)

F

FullPartial

Reaction score
Slightly off topic. Curious why #3 isn’t a custom abutment? Seems like a really tall implant crown over a very short abutment? I’ve had this situation debond in the past. I’ve got some ingrained fears.

Top Bottom