Corona World

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
We still go out, but we are selective. The park, Goodwill, not buffet style restaurants. Not that we've eaten out aside from take out in years. Too many digestive issues.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The simple fact is, it doesnt work! Half of our school is in quarantine at the moment. All the kids are wearing masks, plexi dividers, no classes are mixing yet two teachers so far are out. The only way to get out of this, is to hole up in your house, and to me, thats not an option Im willing to entertain, those who want to stay at home should have no problem doing so. This is state control, and becoming more heavy-handed every day. Nevermind the virus, were being drained of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Again, give me liberty or give me death.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Nobody really expects their seatbelt to help them if they don't latch it over themselves and instead latch it behind themselves.
But we expect masks to work when we don't wear them right. If everyone wearing them with their nose sticking out put it on properly you'd have different results.

Regarding schools, of course it's spreading in schools. What 6 year old have you ever met that didn't wipe their nose on their hand. And lunchtime is obvious. Can't wear masks and eat.

I don't assume I have all the answers. In fact I know I don't. I'm just trying to keep my wife safe, same reason I keep a shotgun at the lab.
No I'm not kidding. She comes to work when she feels too bad to be alone and may need assistance. We have an area separated and set up for her comfort.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
No mask here either Riley. I just sent my kid back to school to her kindergarten teacher that had it like 8 days ago. Its a brave new world, so why not be brave? Id rather be dead than culled. I also know people with autoimmune disorders that havent left their house in 8 months.. so are we talking about preserving life or quality of life?
It is scary. Your kid is faced with a 99.99997% risk of living if they contract the virus. and if he/she does survive they could pass that on to someone more susceptible to it and then they also risk the 99% chance of living.
My kids have come home and asked me why they have PE without masks while they play basketball and football and breath hard on each other then have to be so separated in class with masks on and their teacher behind a plexi wall and why they have to all sit on one side of the lunch tables (shoulder to shoulder) until the plexi glass gets installed down the middle of the table for them to sit on both sides. I say, "...because....?"

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
It is scary. Your kid is faced with a 99.99997% risk of living if they contract the virus. and if he/she does survive they could pass that on to someone more susceptible to it and then they also risk the 99% chance of living.
My kids have come home and asked me why they have PE without masks while they play basketball and football and breath hard on each other then have to be so separated in class with masks on and their teacher behind a plexi wall and why they have to all sit on one side of the lunch tables (shoulder to shoulder) until the plexi glass gets installed down the middle of the table for them to sit on both sides. I say, "...because....?"
I get it too. It is non-sensical. It is arbitrary. No masks needed if marching for Breonna, but can't sing in church.

I don't expect sanity from my governments, it's made imperfect people. Whether you're in a red or blue state, they are imperfect and advancing their agenda, not yours.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You know why ophthalmologists are not allowed to change out the fluid in your eyes to get rid of floaters? 1% chance of blindness.

Not death, blindness. Does anyone suggest that's too radical a metric? Not that I ever heard.

I'm happy to agree to disagree. Y'all have a good day.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I get it too. It is non-sensical. It is arbitrary. No masks needed if marching for Breonna, but can't sing in church.

I don't expect sanity from my governments, it's made imperfect people. Whether you're in a red or blue state, they are imperfect and advancing their agenda, not yours.
If this virus can wipe out globalism then the sacrifice will be worth it. Buy local , wear your mask , and wash your hands when you touch yourself.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You had me at touch yourself.

A

A. M.

Reaction score
Good to know I am not the only "stupid" because trying to ask questions if something doesn't make sense to me...
I do believe we are being lied to about numbers, and I hate to watch the news... nothing else but fear... and like it or not pushed down on us. Sad to see that people don't even try to use their brain and think or question whatever they see on tv or hear on the radio, never mind doing a research...
I also find it sad that grown up, "educated, smart" people had to be instructed to wash their hands, and how to do it... because they just simply didn't do it, some of them still don't...
Some people laugh when I say that if you sneeze or cough in my face I might slap you, without the corona virus. But people needed to be educated about this too, " Cover your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze "
But I like to see things being cleaned, like in stores. I think it should be done without a pandemic (unfortunately some people are very disgusting)
Since this whole thing started I haven't seen anything in the news or anywhere in the media about how to get healthy, or how to strengthen your immune system, but if we don't fear and stay home we will all die. Nothing about what drs figured out about the virus since the beginning of the year, or what treatment they are trying, or using successfully around the world (even simple vitamin C). But we need a vaccine...
Or how about the statistics in the hard hit countries, that most of those people had at least 2, or more other health issues, or what their age was...
We should protect the vulnerable, but telling kids they can kill their grandparents... how is that good??? Or for who???
Last night it was in the news, that in Ontario we had almost 800 new cases, like we had it in April I think... yeah, and they tested over 48 000 people. While back in April they tested around 12 000 people... but we are all going to die, our numbers are up... sure same number of positive cases, and 4 times more tested... no, we don't need to think...
Some people go get tested because they have to get it for their work, they have no symptoms at all, and they just figure they are positive...
And never mind the other people who are also the victims of the virus, because they are actually sick but cannot get treatments because of the pandemic... and they are all forgotten nowadays. We don't fight cancer or heart problems, or anything... they all disappeared because of the corona virus.
Sorry guys, hope you don't mind...

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
And never mind the other people who are also the victims of the virus, because they are actually sick but cannot get treatments because of the pandemic... and they are all forgotten nowadays. We don't fight cancer or heart problems, or anything... they all disappeared because of the corona virus.
Sorry guys, hope you don't mind...
Back in april I think, my son crashed on his bike. I could tell his collar bone was broken but he was super tough about it. We were worried about taking him to the hospital because of the doom and gloom being fresh and really making everyone worried. But we called ahead and were told that they wouldn't be seeing anyone unless it was severely life threatening! Turned away by a hospital and then a private doctor office!! So i called my dad, a 16 year ski patrolman, and my bro in law, the fire/paramedic captain at his station, and they came to look him over and make a sling. Two weeks later when we had to take my daughter (and they let us) they felt bad about my boy and did an xray to check things. it was broken but healing well.
Add global climate warming change to things that disappeared as well. That only comes when people blame things on trump now. Just awhile ago that was going to kill us off in a matter of years. Actually I think things were supposed to be in complete catastrophe back in 2015. Oh well.

A

A. M.

Reaction score
My sister-in-law works in a hospital... actually she would be the one seeing your son :) she told me before if it is not life threatening, they have to refuse to operate or anything on the patient... So I asked ok, if I break my arm and I need surgery, then what? She said no... they will try to put it together, but that's it... and What if it doesn't heal properly? Well, then we can break it again... But what if you break it again and even if I get that surgery later I won't be able to use my arm 100% like before? and she said unfortunately that can happen... but it's the pandemic...
It was not up to her, or the dr...
Thanks!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
That sounds awful. My wife actually broke her arm this summer and we had no problems getting into a hospital. They had her put a mask on but no test.. Im not sure what Id do if they refused to treat her..

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I will say that things are more normal now. My other son had to get stitches in august and they took him right in

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
The local hospital was built to have multiple negative pressure areas from a single room to an entire floor per wing. The er only lets in the pt until pt is assigned an er room then they can have 1 person. Person leaves, they don't come back in unless the pt is getting admitted. If the pt is a minor, they can have 2 and they can 'spell' each other.

It's infuritaing. And that's putting it mildly.

and just for fun, the last time I had the flu I got it from being a pt in the hospital for severe diverticulitis. When you're there for days and get sick within a couple hours of being home it'a not hard to figure out where it came from.
So.... I don't exactly implicitly trust anyone with my or her health.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Saw this on FB earlier.

T'was a month before Christmas,
And all through the town,
People wore masks,
That covered their frown.

The frown had begun
Way back in the Spring,
When a global pandemic
Changed everything.

They called it corona,
But unlike the beer,
It didn’t bring good times,
It didn’t bring cheer.

Contagious and deadly,
This virus spread fast,
Like a wildfire that starts
When fueled by gas.

Airplanes were grounded,
Travel was banned.
Borders were closed
Across air, sea and land.

As the world entered lockdown
To flatten the curve,
The economy halted,
And folks lost their verve.

From March to July
We rode the first wave,
People stayed home,
They tried to behave.

When summer emerged
The lockdown was lifted.
But away from caution,
Many folks drifted.

Now it’s November
And cases are spiking,
Wave two has arrived,
Much to our disliking.

Frontline workers,
Doctors and nurses,
Try to save people,
From riding in hearses.

This virus is awful,
This COVID-19.
There isn’t a cure.
There is no vaccine.

It’s true that this year
Has had sadness a plenty,
We’ll never forget
The year 2020.

And just ‘round the corner -
The holiday season,
But why be merry?
Is there even one reason?

To decorate the house
And put up the tree,
When no one will see it,
No one but me.

But outside my window
The snow gently falls,
And I think to myself,
Let’s deck the halls!

So, I gather the ribbon,
The garland and bows,
As I play those old carols,
My happiness grows.

Christmas is not cancelled
And neither is hope.
If we lean on each other,
I know we can cope ❤💚

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Anyone read the Barrington Declaration? Is anyone else concerned about taking a PCR test that gives false positives? Anyone got a positive test, but didnt have 'symptoms' for a deadly virus? Just curious, as we dont really have a a problem around these parts, but health department is acting like there is one. Forget the liberty discussion, thats gone already, Im just talking common sense.. Im talking about politicians and embedded political pharma-peddling 'scientists' .. how did everyone become so damned dependent on politicians and the gubment? Or chemicals for that matter. They cant and have not helped anyone! No matter the political party. There is only a few standing up for freedom through this, thats the terrifying part!! Not the sniffles. Pharma is trying to poison us while we give them our money, anyone deny this?

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Anyone read the Barrington Declaration? Is anyone else concerned about taking a PCR test that gives false positives? Anyone got a positive test, but didnt have 'symptoms' for a deadly virus? Just curious, as we dont really have a a problem around these parts, but health department is acting like there is one. Forget the liberty discussion, thats gone already, Im just talking common sense.. Im talking about politicians and embedded political pharma-peddling 'scientists' .. how did everyone become so damned dependent on politicians and the gubment? Or chemicals for that matter. They cant and have not helped anyone! No matter the political party. There is only a few standing up for freedom through this, thats the terrifying part!! Not the sniffles. Pharma is trying to poison us while we give them our money, anyone deny this?
The Barrington Declaration was a very informative read. Anyone here who hasn't read it, should.

Top Bottom