Facepalm cases

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Rx says "Pt wants #10 to be EXACTLY(all caps on Rx) the same length as #7"

Looking at the RPD seated on the supplied model 10 is longer than natural 7.

Well, I made them exactly the same length on the model I was given.

Found out at delivery that:
I was expected to infer the model is from 2012 when the cast RPD was first made.
I was expected to infer that there'd been massive resorption and how much.
I was expected to infer that the pt's partial was canting severely from the resorption making 10 too short.
I was supposed to 'put a longer tooth on and let me (dds) cut it down' and I just didn't do what was wanted.
You're supposed to be a mind reader too....what's wrong with you?!?!?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You're supposed to be a mind reader too....what's wrong with you?!?!?
I sent my helmet out for repair. Doc said it'll take a while even though he can drop it off fixed before it broke.
F3Y0QQZHVMP7L9P.LARGE.jpg

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I sent my helmet out for repair. Doc said it'll take a while even though he can drop it off fixed before it broke.
F3Y0QQZHVMP7L9P.LARGE.jpg
At the very least he should have done a pick up impression so you could SEE what's going on in the mouth! And if it's canting so severely from resorption, do ya think it just MIGHT need a reline as well, if not a complete new partial....DUH!!!!

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
where am I ? What to do with this ?
IMG_20200903_165449574.jpg IMG_20200903_165441847.jpg

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
The mandibular tray used on the maxillary is a nice touch.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
1599155239717.png

Thanks for the Covid Career ending Case

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
The mandibular tray used on the maxillary is a nice touch.
We've got an account who used to do that all of the time. They would fill the space with rope wax and then impress. I told them as long as they did that, anything we made for them wouldn't be guaranteed because the impressions had a likelihood of being distorted. Unfortunately for the patient the case that happened to was an immediate partial extracting a few anterior teeth. Partial didn't fit and had to remade quickly because the teeth had already been taken out. They had to pay for 2 partials and they now use the correct trays, except when they're doing a pick up for a repair and they'll still use a lower tray. I don't get it.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
We've got an account who used to do that all of the time. They would fill the space with rope wax and then impress. I told them as long as they did that, anything we made for them wouldn't be guaranteed because the impressions had a likelihood of being distorted. Unfortunately for the patient the case that happened to was an immediate partial extracting a few anterior teeth. Partial didn't fit and had to remade quickly because the teeth had already been taken out. They had to pay for 2 partials and they now use the correct trays, except when they're doing a pick up for a repair and they'll still use a lower tray. I don't get it.
old habits die hard

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Rx says "Pt wants #10 to be EXACTLY(all caps on Rx) the same length as #7"

Looking at the RPD seated on the supplied model 10 is longer than natural 7.

Well, I made them exactly the same length on the model I was given.

Found out at delivery that:
I was expected to infer the model is from 2012 when the cast RPD was first made.
I was expected to infer that there'd been massive resorption and how much.
I was expected to infer that the pt's partial was canting severely from the resorption making 10 too short.
I was supposed to 'put a longer tooth on and let me (dds) cut it down' and I just didn't do what was wanted.
@Car 54 This is the one we discussed.

user name

user name

Reaction score
where am I ? What to do with this ?
Pretty sad. Ive shared with JMN recently that a couple Drs are talking about (threatening) to sue me because Ive used the term malpractice in regards to implant placement similar to this.
If it cant be placed 'reasonably' well, like in the vacinity of where we want a tooth, then it shouldnt be placed. A missing tooth and some money doesnt qualify for an implant. "We have to put it where the bone is"they say.
B.S. I say. Take an initial impression for me. Ill pour a couple models. Ill wax a diagnostic and on the other, draw a red circle where the tooth is missing. If you cant hit the target, dont do it, dammit.

Damage is done, so...
Remove the soft tissue and just ignore it. Drop the buccal margin as far as you can and come out buccally with your contour as best you can. The Dr will need to biolase the gingiva to get it down. If theyre not comfortable doing it, find a good periodontist to have seat it.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
View attachment 36719

Thanks for the Covid Career ending Case
At least they put it in bubble wrap for you. The very first case we picked up after being closed for 6 weeks was 2 impressions just thrown in our delivery bag. GRRRR!!!!

Top Bottom