Hello, am new to 3d printing. Wondering about all the possibilities?

S

SrLewis

Reaction score
Was wondering what I could do using 3d printer in the removable dept. besides full dentures??? Had this crazy idea after seeing video of printed valplast partials. Anyone try printing flexibles in 3d resin then flasking and injecting whatever thermo plastic you wanted after removing 3d resin?? Just a thought!!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Was wondering what I could do using 3d printer in the removable dept. besides full dentures??? Had this crazy idea after seeing video of printed valplast partials. Anyone try printing flexibles in 3d resin then flasking and injecting whatever thermo plastic you wanted after removing 3d resin?? Just a thought!!
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

Keep imagining, it's what makes us advance.

The printable Valplast isn't going anywhere good soon, they don't chemical bond to the teeth so you have to print both at once to get the teeth captured.

I am curious how you'd print and then add the teeth before injecting. Interesting idea, but the how confounds me.

S

SrLewis

Reaction score
JMN, hadn't thought it through that far yet. 😂 someone mentioned on another thread how valplast printers were doing it. Retention posts in design or something ?? Hate these manufacturers who try to lock you in with their equipment and materials!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
[...]Hate these manufacturers who try to lock you in with their equipment and materials!
IF it could be figured out, you would only be able to cut %Brand% wood with their branded sawblade.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
JMN, hadn't thought it through that far yet. 😂 someone mentioned on another thread how valplast printers were doing it. Retention posts in design or something ?? Hate these manufacturers who try to lock you in with their equipment and materials!
Save your money. if you want to do flexible partial dentures, you might want to consider a duraflex injection system for about 5K new.....I have one and use it every week. But the duraflex doesnt work well on feather edge ridges becasue you will never achieve sufficient support. I have had to replace my feather edged ridge partials and now I am using a milled titanium service. That is really easy. and it works on almost every case. Scan model, send prescription and get a proposed design back and after design acceptance, you get a working model , a printed model and a milled titanium with zero fit issues for about $200.00 I still use duraflex on upper partials but not if any anterior lone standing teeth are present. On lowers where insufficient room for teeth placement I am using a single cast Duracetal unit. The white flanges are well hidden. and the duracetal lasts quite well in the mouth.

C

caninecommando

Reaction score
what about using the 3d print to make the mold and discarding it and processing the entire base in valplast?

T

TheDentureGuy

Reaction score
there are endless possibilities, you can make any resin work with any kind of printer by undertsading how each resin cures. Use a program called lychee slicer, It will set up for sty for print with a few buttons. This is the future my friend, remember if you are using a lcd light to cure, the exposure time is x3 and you must also speed up the lift speed.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
How about just stop selling flexibles. Too much work anyway, you'll be making a partial twice.

If you have down time, maybe offer model printing.

Last edited:
F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Valplast is not printing in light cured resin. It is the old technology with 2 heads heated extruder with 2 different filament rolls. It is one piece and no need for bonding the teeth.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Life is full of experts that don't know
💩

Top Bottom