Replacement acrylic

Lanny

Lanny

Reaction score
Need some help please. Here at the School still press pack and our Pros docs really like Lucitone 199. However, their acrylics are on backorder with no information on when they will be available. They like the shades that 199 provides, so my question is: does anyone have any recommendations on a heat cured acrylic that provides similar shades and / or characteristics as the 199? thanks for your help.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Need some help please. Here at the School still press pack and our Pros docs really like Lucitone 199. However, their acrylics are on backorder with no information on when they will be available. They like the shades that 199 provides, so my question is: does anyone have any recommendations on a heat cured acrylic that provides similar shades and / or characteristics as the 199? thanks for your help.
This is your chance to get them to Diamond D. I just got some delivered last week from Benco.

K

kytoothdude

Reaction score
Love Diamond D but not sure of shade matchups.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
My Lucitone 199 Original shade guides I made from 2018 HAVE ALL BEGUN TO TURN ORANGE.
The rumor is true,
I used to think it was the patients' cleaning techniques that oranged it out but this chit turned orange in two years IN A CLOSED DRAWER!
What garbage acrylic but I will continue using it as my old timers swear by it.
Man is it crap though.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
sledgehammer/diamond d, or natur-cryl.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
My Lucitone 199 Original shade guides I made from 2018 HAVE ALL BEGUN TO TURN ORANGE.
The rumor is true,
I used to think it was the patients' cleaning techniques that oranged it out but this chit turned orange in two years IN A CLOSED DRAWER!
What garbage acrylic but I will continue using it as my old timers swear by it.
Man is it crap though.

Denture acrylic used to have Cadmium in it. This kept the color stable, it was removed a few years ago because it was a carcinogen. The manufacturers have not found a way to keep the orange out in the way Cadmium could.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Denture acrylic used to have Cadmium in it. This kept the color stable, it was removed a few years ago because it was a carcinogen. The manufacturers have not found a way to keep the orange out in the way Cadmium could.
Ivocap doesn't change. I just relined a 6 year old denture last week and the color was still an exact match. I don't know what they are doing differently than everyone else. @Patrick Coon do you know?

G

george-savage46

Reaction score
Ivocap "Preference" color by Ivoclar is pretty close

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Probase Hot for press packing worked fine for me before I went ivobase.

D

David Laville

Reaction score
I started out using Lucitone 199 in school and stuck with it when I opened by own lab. However it started having problems like everyone said, turning orange after a couple of years. I started experimenting with other acrylics and now my acrylic of choice is Nature-Cryl by GC America and the doctors are satisfied with the shades.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
GC is a very good brand. Diamond D is my second favorite.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
There used to have another brand besides Lucitone, GC, St George that I used when I was in MD Anderson
but cannot for the life of me remember. It does not seem to be in the market either - searched Alternatives to Lucitone
and only the few mentioned above.
Any one remember?
LCM

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
There used to have another brand besides Lucitone, GC, St George that I used when I was in MD Anderson
but cannot for the life of me remember. It does not seem to be in the market either - searched Alternatives to Lucitone
and only the few mentioned above.
Any one remember?
LCM
fricke maybe?

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
The original tech there, John, would swear by it to his last breath!
LCM

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I think this was what we used to make radiation stents for pt needing DXT (targeted radiation
stents and shields)
LCM

Top Bottom