Looking for old implant part

D

doylebowles

Reaction score
I'm trying to help a dentist in finding an abutment for a pre-1991 micro-vent implant. I believe the platform was 3.25 mm with a 2 mm internal hex. I'm not holding out much hope for this but I told him I would ask. Thanks.

N

Ncm

Reaction score
Have you tried calling zimmer? as they may have the micro vent components .

doug

doug

Reaction score
Is it a cemented abutment? We used to get plastic preformed abutments that we could modify and then cast. They were then cemented into the implant.

D

doylebowles

Reaction score
Have you tried calling zimmer? as they may have the micro vent components .
Yes, we tried Zimmer, but their parts only fit the post-1991 platform. The hex size was increased to 2.5mm.

D

doylebowles

Reaction score
If it's an HLA2F you need i have one
Hi Steve. According to the old catalog I've seen online, the HLA2 would work. (not sure what the F is for). As long as it's an internal hex final abutment with a 2mm hex, then we're in business. Screw retained or cementable, either will work. To be honest, although I've been a technician since 1981, I came to implants late, so I'm not real familiar with the older systems. At any rate , It would be remarkable if you actually have one of these things. If you want to give me a call at 859-582-8511 we can hash it out. Thanks.
Doyle

D

doylebowles

Reaction score
Is it a cemented abutment? We used to get plastic preformed abutments that we could modify and then cast. They were then cemented into the implant.
Actually, the implant has apparently never been restored. (It was placed in 1990) The doctor whose is trying to restore it removed the healing cap and impressed the internal surfaces of the implant. We've considered treating it like a post and core but he isn't real fond of the idea.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi Steve. According to the old catalog I've seen online, the HLA2 would work. (not sure what the F is for). As long as it's an internal hex final abutment with a 2mm hex, then we're in business. Screw retained or cementable, either will work. To be honest, although I've been a technician since 1981, I came to implants late, so I'm not real familiar with the older systems. At any rate , It would be remarkable if you actually have one of these things. If you want to give me a call at 859-582-8511 we can hash it out. Thanks.
Doyle
Hadn't dropped by to say:

Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

Let me know when you and @SteveD make contact and I'll take your phone number out of your post if it's past the time you can edit it yourself.

D

doylebowles

Reaction score
Hadn't dropped by to say:

Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

Let me know when you and @SteveD make contact and I'll take your phone number out of your post if it's past the time you can edit it yourself.
Will do. I don't do much posting on forums (as in never) so I'm not up on protocol..

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Will do. I don't do much posting on forums (as in never) so I'm not up on protocol..
Dude, you're fine. I nearly only go 3 interaction places on the internet and that's about all I do these days since Geocities died.

Just didn't want you to think you had to leave it there forever. If you want to leave it, that's no problem too.

D

doylebowles

Reaction score
Dude, you're fine. I nearly only go 3 interaction places on the internet and that's about all I do these days since Geocities died.

Just didn't want you to think you had to leave it there forever. If you want to leave it, that's no problem too.
Steve got in touch this morning and he's sending me the 30 year old abutment that's going to make me a hero in one dentist's eyes. This site is awesome!
Thanks for being here. Also , my number can stay up. Any calls I get from this site couldn't be any worse than the spam I get all day long.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Steve got in touch this morning and he's sending me the 30 year old abutment that's going to make me a hero in one dentist's eyes. This site is awesome!
Thanks for being here. Also , my number can stay up. Any calls I get from this site couldn't be any worse than the spam I get all day long.
Hang around, there's some amazing things that happen here. And now you're one of them.

A

Andrew Strecker

Reaction score

Andrew
Doyle
I just came across this thread.....I have a broken screw for a pre 1991 CrorVent implant and am trying to find a prlacement screw....the impant itself is fine but the 2mm internal hex screw broke any ideas?

doug

doug

Reaction score
Corevent is now Zimmer. Call Zimvie in West Palm Beach 1 (800) 854-7019

A

Andrew Strecker

Reaction score
Corevent is now Zimmer. Call Zimvie in West Palm Beach 1 (800) 854-7019
Thank you ...I just tried them and will see where this goes...seems no one wants to deal with me

A

Andrew Strecker

Reaction score
Doyle

If it's an HLA2F you need i have one
Hey Steve ...do you know where i can find another screw....I have a broken 2mm corevent screw for my implant

Top Bottom