Mini Implant Parameters

B

Bzydo23

Reaction score
Just got a new client that places Mini implants, any idea on what cement gap I should use on something like this? Was thinking something around 0.04 -.05

Thanks

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
honestly, they shouldn't be used for fixed work so it doesn't matter....

B

Bzydo23

Reaction score
well I got an analog impression with the implant in place and he wants me to produce a crown to cement on top of the implant.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
unless its a "hiossen mini" tell him to Eff himself.

B

Bzydo23

Reaction score
LOL! He didnt put the type on the lab slip. Im just going to do .04 and call it a day

user name

user name

Reaction score
Just got a new client that places Mini implants, any idea on what cement gap I should use on something like this? Was thinking something around 0.04 -.05

Thanks
We dont like minis :)
To answer you though, it depends on your results. There are multiple variables, so I suggest if you like your normal gap for tooth supported restorations, and you (like me) tighten up a bit on Ti abutments, Id suggest what ever youre using to design for an accurate fit on screw retained stuff would be a good start. If you use bur compensation, those tiny things could create a loose fit, so its a try and adjust thing. No one answer.
I trust hes only placing them for single unit lower incisors...?

B

Bzydo23

Reaction score
No LOL its for #9! But also #31 that has 2 implants for the single molar. This is a potential HUGE account for my business so sadly its a He says Jump, I say how high scenario. But yes I will go with my screw retained parameters and see how that works out.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I disagree with the practice but I have done them as PFMs. There's even one out there that a 5 unit bridge was put on 4 of the 3m/espe MDI implants. That was a joke, but turns out that the placement angulation going wacky made it easy to fabricate of duralay a snap-on/off waxing base that would burn out.

Far as I know, that one's still out there. That was 7 or 8 years ago now. The practice changed hands, but I'll have to ask the new doc if he's seen that patient and how it's holding up.

B

Bzydo23

Reaction score
We dont like minis :)
To answer you though, it depends on your results. There are multiple variables, so I suggest if you like your normal gap for tooth supported restorations, and you (like me) tighten up a bit on Ti abutments, Id suggest what ever youre using to design for an accurate fit on screw retained stuff would be a good start. If you use bur compensation, those tiny things could create a loose fit, so its a try and adjust thing. No one answer.
I trust hes only placing them for single unit lower incisors...?
appreciate the tips! Case ended up working out and fitting great.

B

Bzydo23

Reaction score
Minimal Thickness 0.5
Gap width of cement 0.05

My other question is, he gave me a new case for #31 this impression has 2 DMI implants for the single tooth. Any ideas on how to make 2 seperate preps with Zirconia btw the 2?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Minimal Thickness 0.5
Gap width of cement 0.05

My other question is, he gave me a new case for #31 this impression has 2 DMI implants for the single tooth. Any ideas on how to make 2 seperate preps with Zirconia btw the 2?
Enter 2 teeth in DB. Start design as a couple bicuspids and go to expert mode to connect them, then blur the junction and morph into a molar.
I think you could also just select it as a correct tooth pontic, but Id have to ask @2thm8kr

user name

user name

Reaction score
@2thm8kr
Sorry to bug you, but how would you do one like this?
@zero_zero ??

Im pretty sure using a pontic as the starting tooth form works, and then would also allow adapting to the gingiva if you have that scan, but I think it has to be entered as something different in DB?

Last edited:
B

Bzydo23

Reaction score
@2thm8kr
Sorry to bug you, but how would you do one like this?
@zero_zero ??

Im pretty sure using a pontic as the starting tooth form works, and then would also allow adapting to the gingiva if you have that scan, but I think it has to be entered as something different in DB?
No rush, I have a good amount of time on the case.

B

Bzydo23

Reaction score
No rush, I have a good amount of time on the case.
So the group Exocad experts on Facebook just uploaded an entire tutorial on the exact type of case design I am working on! Appreciate all the help on this thread. Have a great weekend to the lab guys that dont work 7 days a week:(Wavey

user name

user name

Reaction score
So the group Exocad experts on Facebook just uploaded an entire tutorial on the exact type of case design I am working on! Appreciate all the help on this thread. Have a great weekend to the lab guys that dont work 7 days a week:(Wavey
Link?

B

Bzydo23

Reaction score
look at the comments, they spell it out pretty solid through explanation and pictures.

user name

user name

Reaction score
This is from the great one. (2th)

In DentalDB Select wax up pontic,(in this case you would select one molar) change to expert mode right away, use the editor to cut the preps out of the model scan, use the editor to close the holes you just made.

click ok, select free form scan data, smooth any rough areas where you just edit the preps out of the mesh

Position a molar or what ever you need to fill the gap. get the occlusion, contours, and everything else just how you want them. remove all meshes from the scene except the pontic wax up you just made. save scene as stl,

leave this CAD scene open so you can easily make changes to your wax up if necessary until you get the hang of it.
Go back to DentalDB, change to wax up (in the example it appears to be a hemisected molar. At this point it doesn't matter, select the two premolars on the same side of the arch.
Click design, when prompted to load the wax up select the pontic waxup you just made. switch to expert mode and select edit preop/waxup scans. delete the areas marked yellow. make sure
to delete any little tiny pieces of mesh that are mis placed after editing.

Go back to wizard, mark margins, set your gap and borders and let exocad calculate the waxup over the two hemisected roots. free form as needed and merge.

Easiest way to do most anything unconventional in exocad. IF you need more than one tooth for the wax up be sure to use expert mode to connect the teeth or use the gingival design function to connect all the teeth. It's important that the teeth are connected when selecting waxup/copy mill for multiple units the spans. Otherwise exocad will not include them in the calculation.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Hope that one seats passively - seems like made using pindexed dies, and hope pt can clean well between them too.
LCM