Galvano Copings

I

iclements

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
i have been reading in this forum for years. Never posted. This forum has helped me out many times when i had a question. Quick search and always found my answer here.
But now i do need to ask a question. I have a case where i made telescope copings and need Galvano copings on top of them.
I usually send them to Germany but i'm in a bind for time and was wondering if anybody still does them here in the US and can make them for me. I attached a link so you can see what i need.

Thanks, Ines

Link: Galvanos Photos

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
i have been reading in this forum for years. Never posted. This forum has helped me out many times when i had a question. Quick search and always found my answer here.
But now i do need to ask a question. I have a case where i made telescope copings and need Galvano copings on top of them.
I usually send them to Germany but i'm in a bind for time and was wondering if anybody still does them here in the US and can make them for me. I attached a link so you can see what i need.

Thanks, Ines

There's lots of us that know how, but we'll see how many are equipped and willing.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Argen can give you a captek coping.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Arian Deutsch of Deutsch Dental Arts does them.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im curious what the cost will be. I havent done any for many years. When gold kept going up I quit. The material costs are crazy.

A

Arian Deutsch

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Thanks, Ines

Hey all, thank you for the referral, haven't been on here in a long while...Great to speak with you today! Look forward to electroform these for you.

I think for the cost, it is still not very expensive...the liquid is right around 1300.00 usd per 500ml, so an average galvano coping is around 150.00 depending on the size and amount of gold bath used.

A

Arian Deutsch

Reaction score
Argen can give you a captek coping.
Captek unfortunately doesn't work for this type of application in a telescopic or conical connection that is made to be removable...the fit here is the important thing at 4 micron, and elecrodeposited directly onto the abutment surface

A

Arian Deutsch

Reaction score
There's lots of us that know how, but we'll see how many are equipped and willing.
I wish there were plenty in the states who knew how to, and were making Galvano...last I checked, my gold solution provider who covers the entire United States mentioned that there were only 3 laboratories that bought the solution.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I wish there were plenty in the states who knew how to, and were making Galvano...last I checked, my gold solution provider who covers the entire United States mentioned that there were only 3 laboratories that bought the solution.
I was taught to make the primaries and secondaries waxed and handmilled with a hp+parralellometer and spiffy burr with a funky level. 74% Au cast and hand finished, no electroplating.

Not exactly what you want, but it does the same job.

A

Arian Deutsch

Reaction score
I was taught to make the primaries and secondaries waxed and handmilled with a hp+parralellometer and spiffy burr with a funky level. 74% Au cast and hand finished, no electroplating.

Not exactly what you want, but it does the same job.

Yes, type IV Au, hand waxed, hand milled in wax, cast, then re milled and polished, then we would use pattern resin and cast for the secondary frame, quite a bit of handwork...old school...the problem was that both components wore, and talk about cost...thats a lot of gold alloy. A friend of mine in Germany was still casting NP CrCo primary and secondaries up until about 8 years ago...very difficult with NP.

It's interesting how things have developed...late 80's early 90's the electroforming process just made so much sense...limit the wear to the secondary by using a titanium abutment, and that with a 99.9% gold, very biocompatible, and completely passive when you electroform directly to the abutment surface.

Digital Workflow has certainly made us more efficient for these types of cases, however there are some cases where I still need to hand wax or build up in resin, hand mill, then scan and copy mill for the best results

Top Bottom