Medit/exocad Pains

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
Thanks! i think that's the best route to go as well. What are you using for curing the optiglaze?
My tech support was able to take me back to the pre cutback stage of the design but we couldn't keep it full contour, it just automatically went back to the saved cutback. Apparently I set it up wrong or did something else wrong. Hashtag "fallingfurtheroutoflovewithexocad."
So I'm going to redo the case and morph to the saved stl of the full contour we were able to make. Yay
For the optiglaze, I set any staining with a light curing gun, then apply the glaze all over, then throw it in my light curing box for a couple minutes.

Last edited:
RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
For the optiglaze, I set any staining with a light curing gun, then apply the glaze all over, then throw it in my light curing box for a couple minutes.
Thanks
What gun and box do you have? I have no idea what to look for.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Riley, if you get a cheaper hand held LED light, just make sure it falls within this wavelength range.
My 15 year old Heliolux GT can cure optiglaze, but my new DTE LED wand light, cannot.

20200604_103944.jpg

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Alright, so I've found some very helpful buttons to make my crowns fit waaaaay better. So I'm coming closer to being ok with exocad. My new question, and I have looked around the web and youtube, is how do you do excursive movement adjustments for anteriors? I haven't really found a way to really visualize what I want and works like I could with 3shape. What's y'all's methods?

And thanks for helping me with all this guys and gals!

user name

user name

Reaction score
My method isnt for everyone, but my goal is perfection, so...
I mill all anteriors out of wax. Confirm every detail is just right(and they never are),go back and adjust the design, then mill in Zr.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
At times I do the same thing, just to be sure.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Alright, so I've found some very helpful buttons to make my crowns fit waaaaay better. So I'm coming closer to being ok with exocad. My new question, and I have looked around the web and youtube, is how do you do excursive movement adjustments for anteriors? I haven't really found a way to really visualize what I want and works like I could with 3shape. What's y'all's methods?

Did you buy Virtual Articulator Module ?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Did you buy Virtual Articulator Module ?
I believe so. I use it for all the posteriors and it works pretty dang good there. With anteriors it just wipes out clear through to the facial at times. I've messed around with selecting areas not to reduce but still not accurate

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
My method isnt for everyone, but my goal is perfection, so...
I mill all anteriors out of wax. Confirm every detail is just right(and they never are),go back and adjust the design, then mill in Zr.
Yeah, daddy doesn't have time for that. There's got to be a way to do it virtually eh?

user name

user name

Reaction score
You want pretty good or perfect? Its not just function. Every little contour matters.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I believe so. I use it for all the posteriors and it works pretty dang good there. With anteriors it just wipes out clear through to the facial at times. I've messed around with selecting areas not to reduce but still not accurate
Its been so long since designing anything I can't tell you exactly what I did on cutbacks on anteriors without being on my scanner. Will give it a shot.
Use a much lower cutback number than on posteriors for your ideal centric occlusion. Good idea to mill one crown in wax just to check for your ideal centric occlusion.
Now use your virtual articulator and look at the coloring and thickness as you move in excursive movements. Remove,smooth off the high areas until you get ideal occlusion, and check thickness, may want to add thickness to create nicer anatomy.
Milling a few in wax will teach you exactly what coloring to look for. On posteriors, check the coloring also, this way you want take crowns to far out of occlusion accidentally. Checking the coloring will also allow you to add or take away material for nicer anatomy and have ideal occlusion.
Not being an expert in Exocad, I have learned occlusion by numbers can fool you but occlusion using coloring doesn't lie. Hope this helps if your not already doing something similar to this when designing.

This is an edited from my post hours ago...

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
To be more clear for new users of Exocad adjusting occlusion on anteriors, go to Show intersections, drop down box to Show Proximity see coloring.
Check box antagonist so dynamic, protrusion, laterot-right-left, retrusion is checked.
Check adjacents to see coloring for proximal contacts.
This may seem like extreme measures but the coloring shows exactly the areas of occlusion and proximal contacts.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
You want pretty good or perfect? Its not just function. Every little contour matters.
i think it's the 3shape comforts I still miss. It was easy and accurate and I found I rarely had to make any major or minor changes. Waxing would have gotten me the same results. So now just wondering what I need to look for, or if there is anything to look for, to get the right results.

user name

user name

Reaction score
i think it's the 3shape comforts I still miss. It was easy and accurate and I found I rarely had to make any major or minor changes. Waxing would have gotten me the same results. So now just wondering what I need to look for, or if there is anything to look for, to get the right results.
Then I have to agree with @charles007
Use the color map. Illuminate it on all teeth and eyeball inclinations.
Im glad youre getting better with it.

user name

user name

Reaction score

What were the things/buttons you found that were helpful?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Fortunately, that ones hidden in expert mode under the delete menu.

Top Bottom