Creating a new implant library

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
misrotation would be bad for trying to work from any IOS, as the printed model's implant index would be wrong.
yes, but again in context of only using this for an MUA/SRA abutment, even if the models implant index was wrong, it would still be rotationally wrong and therefor not affect the resulting geometry in terms of fit.

If we are working from an IOS or a desk top scanner, the rotation of the scan bodies is completely arbitrary in relation to the implant because there is no indexing that the scan body is engaging.

I totally get that I may be missing some factor, but I'm just not seeing what it is when the engaging interface has no indexing

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
it makes a difference when it comes to placing the analog in the DIM, different companies DIM analogs index differently. in my merged libraries I also incorporate all variations of analog across various systems - for me matching the index means i can reuse the library for normal abutments without making redundant data copies. in the context of just an SRA/MUA you are correct, theres no need to be precise in index matching unless you are building the case from 2 part system ( using normal analogs with Angled MUA parts instead of MUA Analogs ) this is a thing for some people as it saves from buying MUA analogs, just like saving buying new scan bodies..

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
so try to do a solo crown 😈

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
post pics of the case!

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
Thanks again for the help @CoolHandLuke! I haven't run into many people who seem to have as much knowledge on these subjects, or at least is willing to talk about it. This is my first merged library and I'm happy that I am now getting CAM files, but I will defiantly have some things to consider before delving into library merging in the future, but it is definitely something I would like to be able to do.

I probably won't end up using this library again or pursuing it further unless I can get the orientation right just for what you were saying in terms of being able to use them for normal abutments as well.

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 29
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
excellent and did it mill ok?

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
Thanks, it is in the mill right now. I ran simulations before milling and it appears that everything should be fine, definitely looking forward to seeing how it fits.

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
I also can't help myself but mention that I am aware of some of the lack of symmetry in the anterior. We are basing the shape and proportions off of the denture that the patient was happy with.

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
I decided to mess with it a little more this morning and got the rotation corrected

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I decided to mess with it a little more this morning and got the rotation corrected
ah good, now you can do custom abutments correctly.

cheers and i'll be here if you need more help.

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
ah good, now you can do custom abutments correctly.

cheers and i'll be here if you need more help.

Yep! Just couldn't do that much work figuring it all out and not end with something I can use more than once.

Thank you!

B

Biodent

Reaction score
Hey Everyone seems like you guys know a lot about .DME Files I am looking for some assistance with a library we modified to change scan flags and now its showing us the analog is a few mm higher than the actual analog on the model wanted to know how we can correct this able to pay if someone can modify this for us so it can work properly

E

Elmer Warning

Reaction score
Hello how big is this library, how many connections?

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I was wondering, if I was to use my default dme file in exocad when I design, would a pet not fit because I didn’t use the material file from milling center? Sorry for my ignorance, but if the cement gap is .025 etc any face compensation. Etc should not the output file make a pet that fits from your design ? I mean there is a gap and zero gap area. Please educate me.

Thanks In advance
🙏 thanks 🙏

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
I was wondering, if I was to use my default dme file in exocad when I design, would a pet not fit because I didn’t use the material file from milling center? Sorry for my ignorance, but if the cement gap is .025 etc any face compensation. Etc should not the output file make a pet that fits from your design ? I mean there is a gap and zero gap area. Please educate me.

Thanks In advance
🙏 thanks 🙏
are you talking about dme's for implant libraries or just crown material files? For implants being design from a scan flag your fit geometry comes from the manufacture and the fit is determined in the CAM software. For crowns you generally want to start from your milling centers provided settings and then tweak to your liking from there.

Even though in theory you are right, .025 should be .025, but every cam software setup up can create a different CAM output, even while using the same software. This can affect fit. There is also drill compensation to consider, you definitely want your milling centers setting for this

Top Bottom