Emergency Dentistry ONLY in...

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
Somewhat off topic, but a good fit: Nephew lives in resort area in northern Minnesota. They're having a huge influx of Twin City folk escaping to their vaca homes. The local grocery stores weren't geared to deal with a population doubling, and top it off, the closest hospital is a good 45 minutes drive! Most of these vaca folk are in the over 50 crowd.

Locally, we had a returning group of international travelers that brought the virus with them. We went from 2 cases to 14 cases one week later. They arrived at the local airport from LAX & SFO. The Eureka-Arcata population is maybe 45K.

Stay healthy all, wash those hands and think twice if you really need 5 Costco cases of TP

Last edited:
bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
So in your respected states of emergency only dentistry, is a broken(2 pieces) denture/partial considered an acceptable emergency?

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I would guess it is? But I am not qualified to answer, as I am only an dental technician. I would ask your states Dental Association. Anything can be an emergency, it is up to the dentist to determine if they want to treat or not. My two cents

user name

user name

Reaction score
The one office thats still sending me work...
Take patients temp. If its high, go away.
Ask if theyve been feeling ill.
Rate your level of discomfort on 1 to 10. If they say 5 or higher, help them. If they cant eat (broken denture),thats an emergency.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Is it true in Michigan you cant even buy seeds? Im seeing pictures, but Im in disbelief..

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
hell no, havent been on FB for years. The article is out there. In WA state, they have banned all fishing. What the F are people supposed to do, suck the govs teet?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Is it true in Michigan you cant even buy seeds? Im seeing pictures, but Im in disbelief..
Anyone needs seeds, just give me the list. Id be happy to ship some out.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Here (VT) they have cordoned off large areas in big box stores so that people can only access “essential” items, but it’s only the large retailers and you can get anything at smaller ones and anything at all can be bought and shipped to you.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Here (VT) they have cordoned off large areas in big box stores so that people can only access “essential” items, but it’s only the large retailers and you can get anything at smaller ones and anything at all can be bought and shipped to you.

Good, I'm tired of seeing morons bunched up in the paint departments and garden centers. We've only had 22,000 Americans die in a month. How about some sense of personal sacrifice as they fill in the mass grave.
I saw a husband and wife pushing a stroller with a 10month old in a Lowe's paint department last week. No PPE. Just standing around looking at colors.

Last edited:
CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Good, I'm tired of seeing morons bunched up in the paint departments and garden centers. We've only had 22,000 Americans die in a month. How about some sense of personal sacrifice as they fill in the mass grave.
I saw a husband and wife pushing a stroller with a 10month old in a Lowe's paint department last week. No PPE. Just standing around looking at colors.
So how long do you think we keep this up? 6 months? A year? What and when do we exit this? A vaccine is at least a year away?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
hell no, havent been on FB for years. The article is out there. In WA state, they have banned all fishing. What the F are people supposed to do, suck the govs teet?
The local governments here have closed all municipal boat launches and docks.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
So in your respected states of emergency only dentistry, is a broken(2 pieces) denture/partial considered an acceptable emergency?
Multipiece fracture

Broken clasp

Broken/lost tooth to which rpd clasped requiring a new clasp

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Multipiece fracture

Broken clasp

Broken/lost tooth to which rpd clasped requiring a new clasp
Yeah that's what I think too. Minimal but necessary. I had a client tell me they had one Friday. But they sprayed it. I said that barely did anything. Its an airborne virus. The real danger is grinding this thing open, creating an aerosol to repair.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Just delivered another couple cases getting seated today. Then went to the grocery and not one employee wearing mask or gloves. nothing out of stock except zinc, some things had a limit of 1.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I think too. Minimal but necessary. I had a client tell me they had one Friday. But they sprayed it. I said that barely did anything. Its an airborne virus. The real danger is grinding this thing open, creating an aerosol to repair.
Put it in a baggie, spray with cavicide, close it up for 15 minutes. That will kill anything that might be on the denture.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
That be true my friend...no boating either, no going to your up north cottage (even though you pay taxes on that property),no paint, no flooring, no construction, no lawn services, no haircuts, no dealerships open, a lot of fkn no...the best no, is our Governor telling Doctors No to the malaria and zpack combo too....she recently reversed the last one, but she has blood on her hands for it. She hates Trump, and is vying for a position as Bidens VP, meanwhile Michigan folks suffer!!! Can you tell I'm beyond ticked off?

Top Bottom