What is the best way to explore options for CAD/CAM?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I'm really not a fan of Argen USA 3Shape support, even though they make some great zirconia, but here's their free webinar course schedule:

A

A. M.

Reaction score
I would say talk to as many people/companies as you can.
Compare prices. (All salesperson will say their company is the best...)
Figure out what you want to buy. Start with only CAD. If you buy a mill too at the same time it could be a lot to learn in a couple days and very frustrating.
If you start scanning and designing only, I think it is enough... you have options where to send your cases to be milled. Once you are comfortable with designing, you can buy a mill too.

T

Thomas H

Reaction score
Thanks CLH. I appreciate the support.
You should really spend some quality time on our website: https://axsysdental.com
Especially exploring "The Learning Zone" tab and: https://axsysdental.com/UniqueSolution.html#fourkeyelements
I spent a lot of time making our site educational, not just a giant brochure or commercial for our products and services.
It turned out to be a pretty good site (of course I might be prejudice) —I have been told it is a good site to learn.
Check it out. I would be interested to hear your opinion.
Thanks! I'll check out and let you know.

T

Thomas H

Reaction score
when all this 5hit is over with corona go and do a Zirkonzahn course for like 2 weeks and really get into it. you will never look back.

My lab does removable. Got any suggestions in that realm?

Last edited:
G

grantoz

Reaction score
yes i would still stick by my suggestion as you need to learn cadcam not how to design a crco once you know the program and whats possible away you go .you can even talk to them about what you want to achieve in a course and they will tailor it to your needs . ive done this with my staff on a number of occasions. they are the only company that makes scanners materials mills and most of all technicians.

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
And the strudal and cured meats in Tyrol are ****ing amazing!!

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
but then again too few to mention!!

G

grantoz

Reaction score
ive always done it my way.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Imagine just posted their 'quarantine' series of zoom lectures starting next week. One is a hyperdent pro tips and tricks. as well as 4-5 others.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Imagine just posted their 'quarantine' series of zoom lectures starting next week. One is a hyperdent pro tips and tricks. as well as 4-5 others.
did it solve your preform issue?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
hells no. I will keep my virtual mouth shut about it though.Pcguru

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Getting closer to finalizing the curriculum which of course I wlll share. (HA, "cours"e, see what I did there? "course"... never mind Laugh :cool: ). Dang, there is soooo much to cover. My plan is to try and enable CE credits as well.

More info to follow...

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
OK, we now have it.
there are two programs offer through our Axsys Virtual Academy:
Offering 1: Power Assist Mastercam, self-paced, web-based AND instructor-led, full-on CAD/CAM training, like industrial, you're working in a shop stuff. This includes us providing you with actual Industrial CAD/CAM software, with excersizes and 4 private review sessions with one of my senior application engineers. I have to warn you though, this can seem a bit intense and requires some work. I assure you, it will be work it.

Offering 2: One-on-one individual workshops dedicated to you that last from one to two-hours depending on how far you wish to go down the rabbit-hole (or in this case coyote-hole). Initial topics include: Principles of Machining, Cutting Tool Technology, Machining Strategies, and Jigs & fixtures. These workshops are ready however I am struggling with Eventbrite to get them posted in a way that automates the registration process.

For now, please email: [email protected] to register for any of the four Workshops. To register for the Power Assist training, just follow the links provided in the link below. Additionally you can contact Mike Madden via email: [email protected] or by phone : 248.926.8810 or Toll Free: 855.687.7941

Our DLN brother Rob at Patriot Dental Lab is in the process of completing the first Power Assist training program. I will let him provide his thoughts on the work required and relative value to the training which I believe to be great in terms of content but even greater by getting a chance to "pick-the-brains" of some of my very senior manufacturing-experienced support engineers.

So, now I have built it—Will you come?

AxsysVirturalAcademy.jpg

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
OK, we now have it.
there are two programs offer through our Axsys Virtual Academy:
Offering 1: Power Assist Mastercam, self-paced, web-based AND instructor-led, full-on CAD/CAM training, like industrial, you're working in a shop stuff. This includes us providing you with actual Industrial CAD/CAM software, with excersizes and 4 private review sessions with one of my senior application engineers. I have to warn you though, this can seem a bit intense and requires some work. I assure you, it will be work it.

Offering 2: One-on-one individual workshops dedicated to you that last from one to two-hours depending on how far you wish to go down the rabbit-hole (or in this case coyote-hole). Initial topics include: Principles of Machining, Cutting Tool Technology, Machining Strategies, and Jigs & fixtures. These workshops are ready however I am struggling with Eventbrite to get them posted in a way that automates the registration process.

For now, please email: [email protected] to register for any of the four Workshops. To register for the Power Assist training, just follow the links provided in the link below. Additionally you can contact Mike Madden via email: [email protected] or by phone : 248.926.8810 or Toll Free: 855.687.7941

Our DLN brother Rob at Patriot Dental Lab is in the process of completing the first Power Assist training program. I will let him provide his thoughts on the work required and relative value to the training which I believe to be great in terms of content but even greater by getting a chance to "pick-the-brains" of some of my very senior manufacturing-experienced support engineers.

So, now I have built it—Will you come?

View attachment 35775
Steve, So how does this apply to everyday workflow? Is this meant for all on four type of stuff or is it suitable for smaller cases? I still have Delcam. Can you possibly show a six unit anterior milled with stock settings vs custom stategies or am I way off base with my thinking about these courses.? Thanks.

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Steve, So how does this apply to everyday workflow? Is this meant for all on four type of stuff or is it suitable for smaller cases? I still have Delcam. Can you possibly show a six unit anterior milled with stock settings vs custom stategies or am I way off base with my thinking about these courses.? Thanks.

Actually this training is not dental specific in terms of application nor does it include the use of any dental CAM software. It is meant to better inform you in the ways of manufacturing and improve your abilities as a programmer/operator to improve your quality and production and have more control over your results.

Regarding your specific question or issue, we can get together to address those types of issues with you in a one-on-one once our (@#* governor comes to her senses....

Top Bottom