Practical and Useful thoughts about our situation during this Pandemic

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
If you have cases stuck in limbo in the lab becaues the office is closed and they can't deliver, try to get 1/2 the bill if you can't get it all. They're not getting paid for the case until delivery in most cases. We're all gonna have to pull together or most assuredly we will be pulled apart.

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
I’m most concerned that the folks in charge of paying the bills are gone!!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I’m most concerned that the folks in charge of paying the bills are gone!!
I have discussed that with a few. Most asked me to text them the bill amount and they'd mail me a check from home. Those that aren't on cards.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Honestly, you have to do damage control at this point. If you have employees, you unfortunately have to lay them off. Don't terminate there employment due to they can receive federal funds if temporary laid off versus terminating them. No honor in trying to keep them on payroll if they have nothing to come back too. Financing a loan, they are out there but at this point I'd hold off, interest rates and it may be awhile. Also, I have a feeling they will come out with grants at some point. Many mortgage and landlords will work with ya...just ask them. Some here had there accountants make them corporations. You can lay yourself off. I have a feeling you fine folks still working won't see many of your Docs pay there lab bill next month...keep that in mind. I would hope they would but I doubt it. Just some business thoughts running around in my mind, please share if you have more to add.
Exactly, your military training gives you a focused mind in times like these. We are at war.

D

dentcre

Reaction score
situation sucks, we are low profile, 2 person Lab, lots of work, great income, but if Dentists stop working it will be a domino effect and it will be fast.
Emergency fund for 4 months will go fast also.
lets just hope the crisis dissipate and not turn like Itally,

we as small labs ,preety much always isolated,so wont be hard , just doubling down
On disinfecting.
we use 10percent clorox to spray everything like always ,

good luck to all!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
situation sucks, we are low profile, 2 person Lab, lots of work, great income, but if Dentists stop working it will be a domino effect and it will be fast.

we as small labs ,preety much always isolated,so wont be hard , just doubling down
On disinfecting.

good luck to all!
Make sure to remember to spray the occlusal side of pickup impressions after separating and that if you're doing removable remember the softliner absorbs EVERYTHING.

I'd need to charge about $1,000 to equip well enough to feel safe relining somethign with softliner right now.

D

dentcre

Reaction score
We are suspending repairs service and relines for now.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score

On disinfecting.

good luck to all!
Hear you, loud and clear, so much yet to unfold but will be OK in the future, when that hits, we're likely to be very busy. A lot of Pt's under this stress at this time are destroying teeth and will need immediate attention. Spoke with a few of my Doc's on this subject and they said, every November into December Pt's go crazy on their dentition. I always thought it was just an insurance coverage window that they were utilizing. Turns out, just the stress of the season is in play also. One client suggested to really rest up well now because when this ends, Whoa!!!!!!
Hope this helps to lift anyone reading this, believe this true. 🙂

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
One thing we must figure out is the waste stream that will be generated by all the gowns, gloves, masks, etc. that will be used...

The gloves. Can the material be ground and reused?

Masks? remove the elastic. Can the 'filter' of an ASTM 3 mask be used as a plant nutrient or biodegradable since it is 'similar' to paper and cloth? The little brown paper cups that seedlings come in when you buy the 'plant the whole thing' kind?

Gowns. they are usually nothing more than Latex. Is there a way to handle that? (cue the bad jokes)

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
That Is Awesome and wish Doris could broadcast it from her balcony! Nice view Doris, Viginia Beach right? Crazy people Pcguru
Yup, Virginia Beach. It's even worse today since it's warmer today. CRAZY!!!

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
This falls under Practical because it gets us to think! Has anyone figured this out??
You can post it here.

361DD651-24B7-4A55-B594-777AE4444397.jpeg

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
“ What”. Is the answer. :banghead: Came from family.

Top Bottom