Behold, the latest and greatest pressing unit

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Pretty sweet, simple, small footprint... meanwhile the swiss are lauding a research paper on why pressing in an oven is better than a can crusher. I will see if I can find it.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
What is that thing? It’s not that difficult, I’ve done pressings with a brick twice when the piston in my Ivoclar furnace got stuck. It worked fine.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I stumbled across this thing a few months ago and thought it was a well done hoax like the microwave denture trick we were shown last April 1.

I can't believe anyone is buying this thing. Just use a hydraulic denture press or even a bottle jack and a welded frame if you're gonna hack outside the box that far.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
we want to introduce glass ceramics, I am collecting information about equipment. is such a device ok? it does not use vacuum. Do dual function with press ovens use a vacuum during the press?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
we want to introduce glass ceramics, I am collecting information about equipment. is such a device ok? it does not use vacuum. Do dual function with press ovens use a vacuum during the press?
The Ivoclar oven I use is under vacuum, the piston is driven by compressed air. No idea about newer Ivoclar ovens or other brands.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
The Ivoclar oven I use is under vacuum, the piston is driven by compressed air. No idea about newer Ivoclar ovens or other brands.
Newer ones still use Vacuum. But the piston is not driven by compressed air, anymore.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Pretty sweet, simple, small footprint... meanwhile the swiss are lauding a research paper on why pressing in an oven is better than a can crusher. I will see if I can find it.
Can cryshercould be handy nowadays regardless 😉

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I believe it's a simple controlled expansion air cylinder in a sturdy frame, it retails for about 800USD
Like I just saw on Everybody Loves Raymond. 2 4" prices of 2x4 for his fly eliminator high school project. "Get fly between, press together, wait for the crunch sound, rinse and repeat" Got to Love that one!!!😄😄

Top Bottom