Buying a Roland 52D soon

K

KEmirzian

Reaction score
Hey All, I think I haven't posted here since I first signed up in 2007 :rolleyes: Things sure have changed since then.
We decided yesterday that we are going to attend LMT Lab Day Chicago next month and we are also ready to
jump into milling here in our lab.

SO.....for those of you utilizing the 52D how do you like it? Pros/Cons? Millbox or Hyperdent software?
Also, is there a compressor that you recommend? We have a large compressor already, can we just put an
air dryer on it?

Thanks!
Katrina

SJ

SJ

Reaction score
Tbh the 52D mills a little slow for my taste, but overall it's a great milling machine for what it's worth. I'd suggest getting a 52DC, it'll save you a lot of time and perfect for overnight milling. I'm using Millbox now and haven't had any issues, not too sure about the Hyperdent. Also look to call vendors and ask if you could buy the displayed milling machines at Lab Day. They'll give you a discounted price, but be sure to call them beforehand or someone else will have already bought it. I'm using the California Air Tools air compressors for my lab, but I got to tell you their customer service is horrible...

K

KEmirzian

Reaction score
California Air Tools has bad customer service?

We have a large compressor now, I'm just wondering if we can add an air dryer to it.......
I've gotten mixed reviews on millbox vs hyperdent and not enough to make a decision
Thanks for the advice on talking to the vendors, I'll get on that asap.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Why not look at an Imes?

M

mmbh

Reaction score
If you don't have input on a Roland, then please don't comment. I do not need to explain my choices
Roland was on my short list during my last mill purchase. I went with a different choice, but if I had gone with the roland it probably would have been the 52DCi only becuase I already have another mill. The disc changer could be great, but If its your only mill and ends up having problems ( which disc changing mills seem to inevitably have) your really stuck, with a bunch of crowns sitting there waiting to be milled and your accounts getting angry and impatient with you.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, but we are set on a Roland
Wrong set, listen to Axys, they Know milling Entirely. Was in your shoes 5 years ago, know the feeling, bought a ton at Chicago meeting to open our lab 🙂

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
If you go the 52D, hyperdent is the way to go. best pair out there, specially on larger cases. Labday is the best time to probably seal a deal. If you go roland go by argen and or whipmix both have great support but argen has brain from cap. I wouldn't to through zhan though. But these two will sell you with millbox. See about getting just the mill and suction then hit up hyperdent as well at the show.

See you guys there.

R

rookiee

Reaction score
Hey All, I think I haven't posted here since I first signed up in 2007 :rolleyes: Things sure have changed since then.
We decided yesterday that we are going to attend LMT Lab Day Chicago next month and we are also ready to

SO.....for those of you utilizing the 52D how do you like it? Pros/Cons? Millbox or Hyperdent software?
Also, is there a compressor that you recommend? We have a large compressor already, can we just put an
air dryer on it?

Thanks!
Katrina
Have 51d, geting 52dc in a month. Coudn't be happier, no problems at all, just cleaning. Spindle has 2k hours, got spare in a drawer, I did calibrate it once, when it came in lab as new, changed door switch for 30eur and that's it, just cleaning, changing burs and milling. Get it with hyperdent.

K

KEmirzian

Reaction score
Have 51d, geting 52dc in a month. Coudn't be happier, no problems at all, just cleaning. Spindle has 2k hours, got spare in a drawer, I did calibrate it once, when it came in lab as new, changed door switch for 30eur and that's it, just cleaning, changing burs and milling. Get it with hyperdent.

Thanks! I'm taking classes at Lab Day chicago next month, one for hyperdent and one for millbox so I can get a feel for them both

C

CQlab

Reaction score
Tbh the 52D mills a little slow for my taste, but overall it's a great milling machine for what it's worth. I'd suggest getting a 52DC, it'll save you a lot of time and perfect for overnight milling. I'm using Millbox now and haven't had any issues, not too sure about the Hyperdent. Also look to call vendors and ask if you could buy the displayed milling machines at Lab Day. They'll give you a discounted price, but be sure to call them beforehand or someone else will have already bought it. I'm using the California Air Tools air compressors for my lab, but I got to tell you their customer service is horrible...

C

CQlab

Reaction score
Hi All
my experience with owning a California Air Tools compressor wasnt that great either. In 2 years the exhaust hose started leaking, and was overheating all the time, not to mention its loud. I must say the compressor was cheap, and yes you get what you pay for. Pay more and get yourself a rotory compressors.

R

Rockmuscle

Reaction score

air dryer on it?

Thanks!
Katrina
Their service is not good

A

AKP

Reaction score
I use Roland 52 DCi with Millbox, but I also have Versamill with Hyperdent.
Like Roland 52DCi, great finishing for crowns. Depending on what do you want you want to mill. Roland is slower than any other milling machine I worked with. Zirconia Hybrid screw retained in 25 mm puck can easily take from 3-4,5 hr. Have that in mind. Overall I really like MIllbox. Easy to work with, and if you find one person that can explain all little things to you, then you are set.
Like hyperdent a lot too. Haven't tried it for Zirconia, but I like all set up. Easy to move and shows you immediately if there are any issues with case, or if you forgot something. Also in calculation if it fails, you can easier find an issue of why that happened than in Millbox.

Top Bottom