NextDent vs Envision Tech 3d printer

Aditya Sawant

Aditya Sawant

Reaction score
Hi,
I would like buy new printer for my lab, currently we are using Stratasyss Eden 260vs but would like to move to DLP technology. I am getting confused between Nextdent 5100 and Envision one cDLM. any suggestions? I am looking for Crown & bridge w.r.t. impression scan cases & iOS cases manufacturing.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
seriously look at the asiga its open and is really reliable.our asiga max prints all day everyday with hardly any problems. we have had it for nearly 2 years now

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Both printers are relatively similar you will find that they have relatively similar technology and resin and are for the most part quite compatible. The next Dent resin envisiontec resin are compatible in both machines with simple tweaks to the software. It should be noted that the only major difference is cost. When comparing other printers look as well at the support in terms of support of the company not the support resin

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
CHL what needs to be done to use nexdent resin in a DLP3 perfactory.. is it possible?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm not sure about that but in order to do the other way around and use envisiontec resin in nextDent printers all you need is a bottle of literally anything that is still valid and use the barcode on the front of the bottle not the back of the bottle.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
asiga you just use what you want, down load the settings from asiga for that particular material and away you go .no need to try and trick it . its just very straight forward .we have used asiga detax gc resins in the asiga all have printed 1st go no problems from models to surgical guides to full arch screw retained try in bridges.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
asiga you just use what you want, down load the settings from asiga for that particular material and away you go .no need to try and trick it . its just very straight forward .we have used asiga detax gc resins in the asiga all have printed 1st go no problems from models to surgical guides to full arch screw retained try in bridges.
Which Asiga?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I have the nextdent 5100. As it is very fast. I still see flaws. Plus the resin is expensive, and you can't use the resins until they have fully mixed for 2.5 hour ei model 2.0. So if your in a rush and you just got a bottle, sorry you have to wait 2.5 hour to do the initial mix. Envision tecs are good, but if i had to do it again Asiga for sure.

Currently we have a Forms2, Nexdent 5100 and a Carbon M2. Also just ordered a Photon S to print some small soft tissue parts directly to the platform to eliminate supports the 5100 requires.

Nextdents 3D sprint software is super easy to use, which is a plus not sure on Asiga but i doubt it is hard to learn.

Can't use any other reason on the 5100 other then nextdent cause of the barcodes, and they have a live to them every scan takes a percentage off the life of the qr code about 1.5l per code. No open mode for you to play with cure times and exposure times like forms has.

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
No problems with the Nextdent 5100 for over a year and it's been working well. Fast, accurate, Very few misprints. Models, guides, provisionals, SR provisionals. The software is REALLY easy to use. IOS implant models have been accurate on any implant system I've used. Using Exocad so the soft tissue masks are not flat on the bottom...don't have an issue with the supports, I just put them in un-important areas and smooth them off after curing in few seconds. Any support I've needed has been good.

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
Purchased through DAL/DT technologies

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I would advise anyone against getting even a used envisiontec printer, they want ...:mad:.. wait for it...:mad::mad:....$6500-9000 .. JUST to transfer the license to a new user, then a service contract, then a software license.. what are these greedy companies thinking?? I'd use a lesser printer to not have to deal with a company that gouges you like this..

J

JaneDell

Reaction score
I'm not sure about that but in order to do the other way around and use envisiontec resin in nextDent printers all you need is a bottle of literally anything that is still valid and use the barcode on the front of the bottle not the back of the bottle.

I haven't had the best of luck trying to contact their support - the sales team of course was on fire though... No big issues yet, simple enough to use - just needed a bit more handholding before being thrown in the deep end.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
JMN im using the asiga max and i will buy another in the new year . JaneDell do you have a service contract with your printer that you have to pay for yearly? this is what i understand some of the guys in this thread are having to do . With my printer the tech support etc was included in the price and that was it.

Aditya Sawant

Aditya Sawant

Reaction score
Both printers are relatively similar you will find that they have relatively similar technology and resin and are for the most part quite compatible. The next Dent resin envisiontec resin are compatible in both machines with simple tweaks to the software. It should be noted that the only major difference is cost. When comparing other printers look as well at the support in terms of support of the company not the support resin
Thanks For reply

Aditya Sawant

Aditya Sawant

Reaction score
How about Tray life for Both printer as I found out that Nextdent resin tray has life of 300 exposures and then cost is around 1000 USD while Envision has similar life but cost of replacement of Resin tank is around 400 USD? any advise on this?

L

Leejh

Reaction score
both have same tray price. why are you looking at those two printers though? I think both printers are limited to nextdent material only?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
How about Tray life for Both printer as I found out that Nextdent resin tray has life of 300 exposures and then cost is around 1000 USD while Envision has similar life but cost of replacement of Resin tank is around 400 USD? any advise on this?

Our first nextdent tray went 1000 prints. They now offer a 500.00 tray, same design as original 900.00 one just a different material on the tray same FEP material a original tray.

Aditya Sawant

Aditya Sawant

Reaction score
what is current cost of Envision one tray price in USA? is around 300 USD or more?

Top Bottom