Ti base zirconia custom abutment.

Tunajoe

Tunajoe

Reaction score
Can someone walk me thru the process for fabrication of this?
Not really talking about the design aspects but more along the line of what to do after the zirc coping is milled.
I'll be using preshaded AG pucks. Assuming that since the abutment will be more of a stumpf shade I'll be using darker colored puck like A4.
I've purchased Panavia 5 to cement the zirconia to the Ti base.
Lastly, which collar height on the Ti bases are most popular? You find you use the .5mm one the most? I know every case varies but really Looking for general experiences so I know which collar size I should stock.

Thanks!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
You want to know what sizes to stock of ti base?

Well firstly it will depend on whose tibases you consistently use. Then, which implants are most commonly used in your area. Then, if you usually have angle compensation issues.

Dess is a site sponsor here, and their systems cater to the majority of implants used today, and their quality is good. I'm not a fan of their scan system though.

So yeah, kinda depends.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
The Ti base should not affect the shade of the crown. There should be plenty of zirconia thickness to block out the titanium. I typically use the lowest collar ti base since I am cementing it on extra orally. Dess has great products and support.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Sandblast both surfaces and apply MonoBond Plus.
Once bonded, youll need to finish them together nice and smooth, then polish. Dont forget youll need an extra implant analoge or a polishing aid to protect the engagement. Theres lots of good diamond polishing pastes.

Tunajoe

Tunajoe

Reaction score
Thanks guys!
I'll be restoring only my cases, and those are almost exclusively Nobel with an occasional Implant direct.
User name, can you tell me what diamond paste you use?

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
When it comes to polishing glazed crowns, I make my own polishing paste

user name

user name

Reaction score
Thanks guys!
I'll be restoring only my cases, and those are almost exclusively Nobel with an occasional Implant direct.
User name, can you tell me what diamond paste you use?
I like DVA Zircon Brite, but Kulzer Pala Polish is ok too.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Acutely humus is the the most famous dip in the world and good for you and could make you smarter and create better dental morphology while saharan sand as you say it is the land of all the prophets and the scriptures while goat meat and milk are super healthy and ceramic goat hair brushes are made from for you to use now. what do you have in Alberta ? 😊
beside I could tell you the recipe but it’s patent pending

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the flatness of the landscape leads me to wonder if this is east of the badlands.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
drove through there once. never again. stayed on 9 too long out of toon town. that'll teach me.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
no, i was driving hwy 9 out of saskatoon on the way through calgary, missed my turn and stayed on the highway too long and ended up in the Badlands. was unpleasant. bit jarring. didn't know Canada had a desert.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Nobel universal abutments only come in 1.5 and 3mm collar height. pretty simple to design and scan. I use the 1.5mm consistently unless it is something really deep. Make sure you select the right one in exo or it will be in or out of occlusion by 1.5mm.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of ti-bases at all. I think if you're going to go through that much trouble, you might as well make a custom titanium abutment then throw anything you want on it. Feel free to disagree, I'm curious what you all say.