Seperator issues

D

Didley

Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with separator not working in the last few years. I've used Ivoclar separator medium for the last 40 years, and in the last few its gone off. I'm told it has changed recipe as it is now being made by a third party.??????
I've tried Schottlander, Kulzer Aislar, Durodent, and Ainsworth and am now waiting on a delivery of Vertex, all no better than Ivoclar. I'm now trying Vitafol H to good effect to clean up the gingival margins.

Your thoughts appreciated.

Rtyrelw

Rtyrelw

Reaction score
I've used it for a while to, but Im not having any issues with it. I have noticed though it is better if you put it on while the models are warm in the flask after removing the wax and multiple coats do help. In regards to the gingiva I have used Vitafol H and I do not like it it is okay for certain things but it is not the best. I really like to use a seal tech putty to put around the gingival margins it keeps them crisp and Stone free and as long as you follow the mixing directions in the seal tech it never sticks and removes right off of the acrylic with no issue. If you would like to know more of the exact siltech I use let me know and I will try and post a picture of it.

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
Depending on the application ‘APS’ (acrylic plaster separator) is great stuff. From dva if I remember correctly. Hot models, cold models,wet models, works for me on all. Beats colloid based separators all day imho.

D

Didley

Reaction score
Depending on the application ‘APS’ (acrylic plaster separator) is great stuff. From dva if I remember correctly. Hot models, cold models,wet models, works for me on all. Beats colloid based separators all day imho.
Thanks I'll try to order some, I'm in Australia, but I think I'll be able to get it!

D

Didley

Reaction score
Ok i got some APS and its great thanks to those who recomended it.

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
just read the directions for use... I also use it, after having used the previous ivoclar sep solution for years. it works fine, when you follow the directions, just mnay need to change the way you do things, its not the same as it was

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I use ivoclars it is really good and works well with ivobase the only time i have issues is when I over boil out or fiddaly dink with something like an attachment in the pressure pot, and sometimes it does not stick well to vacuum mixed stone. When something does happen I get it really hot and scrub it off let it dry somewhat then reapply.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I apply three coats on a warm model and just before packing I will place a thin layer of fresh stuff on. No problems that way...Before it was lifting up off the model....Ivobase has no issues and I think the formula was reworked for Ivobase.

DavidW

DavidW

Reaction score
Who needs separator, we do fine without it.

Attachments

• 096C92D0-AE99-48B0-8BF4-CC8575F1AF30.jpeg
    096C92D0-AE99-48B0-8BF4-CC8575F1AF30.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 54
Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Best hands down is Ivoclar sep fluid.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Best hands down is Ivoclar sep fluid.
I agree it is great and almost everything in our lab is an Ivoclar product but Diamond D Ultra Sep works just as well and you get more than twice the amount for the same price.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
I use the DVA on flexi cases and Ultrasep on everything else because it hellalot cheaper...

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with separator not working in the last few years. I've used Ivoclar separator medium for the last 40 years, and in the last few its gone off. I'm told it has changed recipe as it is now being made by a third party.??????
I've tried Schottlander, Kulzer Aislar, Durodent, and Ainsworth and am now waiting on a delivery of Vertex, all no better than Ivoclar. I'm now trying Vitafol H to good effect to clean up the gingival margins.

Your thoughts appreciated.
@Patrick Coon

dpark39

dpark39

Reaction score
is anyone using or has tried our separator?

Attachments

• Resin-Sep-In-Use.png
    Resin-Sep-In-Use.png
    909.1 KB · Views: 24
dpark39

dpark39

Reaction score
we use it for our snowrock injections!

what's actually different about ours? if there is anything... I know our company's sell points (long story short: "it's just better")... but what do you think?

I'm asking because i'm actually not a technician, mostly just on the business and relations side here...