Hardware issues or don't?

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
Just want to add the following safety statement.

If you don't know an anode from a cathode. Don't open it except to spray it out with canned air.

And if you are sweating, don't open it at all. Saltwater is an excellent conductor.
How do I know? Take a guess. It wasn't pretty.
Meh, you really don't need a lot of electrical engineering knowledge to build a PC unless you're doing things like micro-soldering. PCs are fairly simply machines to assemble with modern-day materials. Websites like PCpartpicker.com make it pretty dummy-proof as well.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Meh, you really don't need a lot of electrical engineering knowledge to build a PC unless you're doing things like micro-soldering. PCs are fairly simply machines to assemble with modern-day materials. Websites like PCpartpicker.com make it pretty dummy-proof as well.
Yeah, I'm just old school from when people fried mobos by putting p8 and p9 in wrong when power to the board was two things instaed of one and that stuff caries over.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just old school from when people fried mobos by putting p8 and p9 in wrong when power to the board was two things instaed of one and that stuff caries over.
I remember someone maybe CHL?addressing this in the past w 3 shape, their system may not be enhanced very easily, like going ssd vs hhd. Still bottle-necks during processing. Reason for us switching to Exocad and not looking back.Ciao

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I remember someone maybe CHL?addressing this in the past w 3 shape, their system may not be enhanced very easily, like going ssd vs hhd. Still bottle-necks during processing. Reason for us switching to Exocad and not looking back.Ciao
Meaning, you can't necessarily reshape 3 shape by going major on hardware

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
What software version are you using, do you have the option enabled in designer to clip views (its a little scissors icon in the view toggle)

I seem to remember this being an issue in some older versions of 3shape.

3shape is not optimized for multi core yet. Its still reliant on dual core, so i5 processors and higher are mostly a waste. You wont get more performance compared to i3. This also means that 64bit environments and the whole memory thing, are a waste.

3shape doesnt like ATI video cards either. It will work, just not well.
Well @CoolHandLuke i have the 2018 version. I do not know if this you are telling me about clip views, still exists in this version.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
yes, it exists still.

look for a pair of inverted scissors where your view sliders are. sliding this will let you view "through" the edges of opaque items namely teeth, at a fixed distance. great for looking straight on a contact and seeing how it protrudes through the scan at the contact point.

Top Bottom