Hardware issues or don't?

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
If you unplug the machine, and connect ground strap to the machine, you no longer have a ground strap, you and it are now floating together. Just getting pedantic.
Hey, @JMN are you being sarcastic here? o_O

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
If you unplug the machine, and connect ground strap to the machine, you no longer have a ground strap, you and it are now floating together. Just getting pedantic.
You're absolutely right. Oversight on my part. Probably ta result of responding on here and taking support calls simultaneously o_O

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hey, @JMN are you being sarcastic here? o_O
No, that's electronics 101.

Of course I'm also crazy and had a cord I'd modified and put the ground in my mouth as anti static when I worked on TVs. DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU ARE READY TO DIE edit: PAINFULLY!!!!!
edit again: One wrong wired device or one wrong wired outlet on the circuit and you'll have the high chance to electrocute yourself.

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
Okay, i will change the position of my ram memory sticks. But do you think that disappearing teeth and other might be related to this?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Okay, i will change the position of my ram memory sticks. But do you think that disappearing teeth and other might be related to this?
I trust you're not overclocking. If the machine has trouble keeping up with your demands it will show in such ways. Just like video frames skipping when playing back a movie while doing other intensive tasks.

One more thought, you got the right speed memory sticks, right?

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
I trust you're not overclocking. If the machine has trouble keeping up with your demands it will show in such ways. Just like video frames skipping when playing back a movie while doing other intensive tasks.

One more thought, you got the right speed memory sticks, right?
Do you think installing this board and micro, could improve my performance? It is worth the price/change?
Processor+Motherboard

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Do you think installing this board and micro, could improve my performance? It is worth the price/change?
Processor+Motherboard
Wrong biped, sorry. I'm behind on specs. Used to know which mobos had which north and southbridges. Then I got into dental and had to use that storage space for other things.

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
It is really hard to do not know what really you need to do!

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
Probably not, but what errors specifically?

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
Probably not, but what errors specifically?
Disappearing teeth, some times some of the options in the panel on the right do not work when i select them. When i go back and forward when designing a case, it gets messy and slow. @Bryce @ WhipMix ?

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
What software version are you using, do you have the option enabled in designer to clip views (its a little scissors icon in the view toggle)

I seem to remember this being an issue in some older versions of 3shape.

3shape is not optimized for multi core yet. Its still reliant on dual core, so i5 processors and higher are mostly a waste. You wont get more performance compared to i3. This also means that 64bit environments and the whole memory thing, are a waste.

3shape doesnt like ATI video cards either. It will work, just not well.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
What software version are you using, do you have the option enabled in designer to clip views (its a little scissors icon in the view toggle)

I seem to remember this being an issue in some older versions of 3shape.

3shape is not optimized for multi core yet. Its still reliant on dual core, so i5 processors and higher are mostly a waste. You wont get more performance compared to i3. This also means that 64bit environments and the whole memory thing, are a waste.

3shape doesnt like ATI video cards either. It will work, just not well.
Wait, wouldn't it benifit from the larger cache size in i5/i7/i9?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Yes that would help loading large files, but not speed up cad math much.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Which tests numbers most accurstely, in your view, reflect the real world operation speed of a single core?

I know we have stuf that tests for single core, just curious if one 'brand' of test is more accurate to cad needs than another

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I only know by experience. I've been down this road a lot.

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
Coffee lake i5 CPUs can have as much as 15-25% increased single core performance compared to the i3. Specifically i5 8600 vs i5 8100. The jump from i5 to i7 will be less dramatic, but there are some significant performance gains from i3 to i5.

D

DaveId

Solutions
Reaction score
Quoting for truth. Do not unplug the PC, simply switch the power off by the power supply using the hard switch. Leave it plugged in for grounding purposes at all times when working on it.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Quoting for truth. Do not unplug the PC, simply switch the power off by the power supply using the hard switch. Leave it plugged in for grounding purposes at all times when working on it.
Just want to add the following safety statement.

If you don't know an anode from a cathode. Don't open it except to spray it out with canned air.

And if you are sweating, don't open it at all. Saltwater is an excellent conductor.
How do I know? Take a guess. It wasn't pretty.

Top Bottom