In the market for a mill

FastShipper

FastShipper

Reaction score
Hey all, the lab I work at is currently in the market for a mill. I do have experience milling with the Wieland Zenotec Mini and Select and would really like to get a Mini as it would suit our needs quite well; problem is finding one as Ivoclar doesn't sell them anymore and the few places that I have found are in Japan or Russia and I'd like to avoid that ...

We would like a single puck mill and preferably on the cheaper end of the spectrum, (I know, 'cheap' is a subjective term.) It doesn't need to be fancy or the ability to link to a phone or tablet or anything like that but still having decent support from its manufacturer would be a plus. Any ideas or information would be helpful as we would like to have this by the end of the year.

FastShipper

FastShipper

Reaction score
Versamill 5x400 from Axsys.
Does the 5x400 come with the dust collection/vac setup? I see that the 5x300 does but that package doesn't come with a material starter package.

alfredmorad@gmail.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi FastShipper, I can help you with the 5x-400 or the less expensive version 5x-300d,
www.axsysdental.com

OR
We have a promotion running where you can get both machines for a special low price.
Fell free to call me 248-926-8810

alfredmorad@gmail.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hey all, the lab I work at is currently in the market for a mill. I do have experience milling with the Wieland Zenotec Mini and Select and would really like to get a Mini as it would suit our needs quite well; problem is finding one as Ivoclar doesn't sell them anymore and the few places that I have found are in Japan or Russia and I'd like to avoid that ...

We would like a single puck mill and preferably on the cheaper end of the spectrum, (I know, 'cheap' is a subjective term.) It doesn't need to be fancy or the ability to link to a phone or tablet or anything like that but still having decent support from its manufacturer would be a plus. Any ideas or information would be helpful as we would like to have this by the end of the year.

Attachments

• Package2 (1).pdf
    5.2 MB · Views: 61
R

rookiee

Reaction score

Just save yourself time/money and get Roland with Hyperdent and you'll thank me year, two, three....later....

alfredmorad@gmail.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
alfredmorad@gmail.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
Does the 5x400 come with the dust collection/vac setup? I see that the 5x300 does but that package doesn't come with a material starter package.
FastShiper
The 5x-400 is a wet mill, all of our customers wet mill all their materials, Zirconia Included, If you buy the 5x-300 it has a vac system, and a materials package. If you opt for the promotional package you still get the materials package. Please call me to discuss. 248-926-8810

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
FastShiper
The 5x-400 is a wet mill, all of our customers wet mill all their materials, Zirconia Included, If you buy the 5x-300 it has a vac system, and a materials package. If you opt for the promotional package you still get the materials package. Please call me to discuss. 248-926-8810
I've reaad on a forum somewhere that only certain zirconias can be wet milled. So what zirconia's are you limited to with wet milling?

FastShipper

FastShipper

Reaction score
I don't have any experience with wet milling, only dry, and am comfortable running with one. I'd be curious to see which zirconia's can't be wet milled as well, for reference, as the last lab I was at used about five different manufacturers ...

FastShipper

FastShipper

Reaction score
Something else I'm wondering about, which of these mill companies charge monthly for their CAD/CAM software like 3Shape does for their software, if any?

R

rookiee

Reaction score
I would disagree with the Roland purchase, would be more than happy to discuss with you. Cheaper is not always better.
look here: https://www.pearsondental.com/catalog/product.asp?majcatid=815&catid=7581&subcatid=30504&pid=85515
This is a 4Axis mill, not sure this is what you need.
The MasterMill link has no information about the specifications, so you are flying blind. Again Cheaper is not always better. Please give me a call 248-926-8810

Please, please....I hope I understood your reply correctly as critique to Roland and instead buyin a K4 instead. Roland machine is 5 axis dry mill with low consumption of air (no need for extra or high power compressed air) while K4 is 4 axis machine, how is that comparable and why would someone buy 4 axis today if they can get 5 for almost same money? Secondly, my Roland is in usage daily for last two years, negative side? Somehow it broke ONE bur for unknown reason and I had tightened collet ONCE in last two years (although everyone says do it every month),ZERO chiping even on feather preps with margin line offset set to 0,05 mm which means crown practically doesn't need any after processing. All that in combination with Hyperdent and strategies provided by DG Shape (Italy I think or maybe they have same for all markets, not sure). Maintance? Once a week a cleanup of chamber and that's it. Can you reccomend better machine for small sized in house lab? I'm not saying VHF is not a great company. But at the end, I want what's best for my lab and I did research and bought Roland even if everybody else were on Ivoclar etc...and I can only recommend Roland machines from my own perfect result every time for past two years, some friends have older version, they just clean it and changed spindle when necesarry. And I give same advice to everybody, if something is **** from my experiences, I tell that also and I'm not reseller or anything...

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
My Axsys 5XS has been good to me so far. There was a little hiccup in the beginning and the issue was resolved but no other issues 2 years running. It uses very little air and no suction needed. I wet mill only.

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
@ rookiee,
look inside a roland and a vhf, you will see the differnce!
It depends on what you are using for. If you mill a lot of monolitic zirkon a 4axis is a workhorse, belive me.
I do 805 4 axis milling on my 5 axis mills because it´s faster and you don`t need 5 ax milling if you do correct cad.
just my 2 cents

FastShipper

FastShipper

Reaction score
Please, please....I hope I understood your reply correctly as critique to Roland and instead buyin a K4 instead. Roland machine is 5 axis dry mill with low consumption of air (no need for extra or high power compressed air) while K4 is 4 axis machine, how is that comparable and why would someone buy 4 axis today if they can get 5 for almost same money? Secondly, my Roland is in usage daily for last two years, negative side? Somehow it broke ONE bur for unknown reason and I had tightened collet ONCE in last two years (although everyone says do it every month),ZERO chiping even on feather preps with margin line offset set to 0,05 mm which means crown practically doesn't need any after processing. All that in combination with Hyperdent and strategies provided by DG Shape (Italy I think or maybe they have same for all markets, not sure). Maintance? Once a week a cleanup of chamber and that's it. Can you reccomend better machine for small sized in house lab? I'm not saying VHF is not a great company. But at the end, I want what's best for my lab and I did research and bought Roland even if everybody else were on Ivoclar etc...and I can only recommend Roland machines from my own perfect result every time for past two years, some friends have older version, they just clean it and changed spindle when necesarry. And I give same advice to everybody, if something is **** from my experiences, I tell that also and I'm not reseller or anything...

K4 can be had with software and laptop to run software for under $22k, where are you seeing a five axis for around that?

FastShipper

FastShipper

Reaction score
Never mind, I guess the Versamill 5X-300D is only $4k more ...

Top Bottom