How many dentures/day?

Luke

Luke

Reaction score
Where I'm working now i see multiple locations doing around 40 units a month with 1 technician.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Where I'm working now i see multiple locations doing around 40 units a month with 1 technician.
so 2 a day per tech. seems reasonable i suppose

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
so 2 a day per tech. seems reasonable i suppose
I'd probably want another in the mix to keep from getting lazy and that might need to go up to 4.
I'm assuming this is each step.
At 2/day I'd leave by 2.

VinnieCDT

VinnieCDT

Reaction score
Hey all I just found this post. I am looking into restructuring my removable department to make it more efficient. I have a 3 man crew, 1 does models/bbs/cts/investing, 1 does setups/waxups/repairs, and one does divesting/finishing/polishing. I also keep track of finishes overall to gauge the workload there. Historically we do 3 repairs and one reline per day on average. I also wanted 10 finishes per day out of that department. Now I'm thinking is 10 not enough for a 100% capacity scenario? I am about 30% down (7 finishes per day) currently due to a slow period.

I guess my question is, if all you had to do was divest, finish and polish (a mix of complete dentures, partials and valplast),what is a reasonable number I should be looking at here? We are a production lab and not high end by any means and we don't add anything extra in like stippling or rugae.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
So at one time my denture finisher just devested, finished and polished new cases and just finish and polish the repairs and relines . and he would do about 25 high end finishes a day .

Denturepropgh

Denturepropgh

Reaction score

This is a spreadsheet I made for labor calculations and actual cost of goods sold. You can use this as a reference. Pretty accurate.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
I would say from impression to bagging, starting at 9:00am, one technician could pour,setup,invest,pack,heat cure,finish and polish one denture by 4:00pm. Pour technique could reduce this time. A tight VDO immediate could extend it. Setup with Premium teeth, Occlusal curves, Standard heat cure. You could run more cases with it, but will affect progress. Of course you could use "tricks" to shorten this time, but I'm estimating with standard techniques and protocol.
Most of the time is waisted waiting for gypsum to dry, wax to cool, acrylic to dough, and cure time. If you could have them ready for flask by 900:am, then you could probably do 5-8 by 4:00pm. Using pour technique, maybe you could do 30. Depends if you fix all the air bubbles, voids, or tooth slips....LOL
Great summary here ...In for results... I do about 30/month.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score

This is a spreadsheet I made for labor calculations and actual cost of goods sold. You can use this as a reference. Pretty accurate.
I hope the price list tab is some miscalculation, otherwise your giving it away.
I do give you props for delivery and consultation fees,

Last edited:
F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Looking for some arch output numbers from y'all.

I'd really like to know personal and lab (with # of techs or an avg- whichever is easier for you) arch output counts
made in a month
made in a day
think you should make to keep the quality

Solid guesses are welcome, I am not asking you to go through records and come up with "Over the last 12 years we have had 2-7 techs making 1.459- 90.742 arches per day....."

Old school methods only, digital only, and anywhere in between. If you still make vulcanized dentures, join in.

Get as detailed as you like. Or not. All input is welcome. Really.

If you have never posted before, just come into the light long enough to type the three numbers. Please. I want as many responses as possible to get a good average.

As far as breaking it down if you sell more than one level, as long as it is what you consider your high end work, economy work, or if you only do one 'level', that's fine. Just please say whether its all what level or split it between levels if you like. Y'all know what I mean. I hope. We all have different ideas of quality and I hope it will work out in the wash.

I have talked with people who have made over 30 poured dentures in a day from impression to polish and others who do one before and one after lunch.

Trying to get some ideas of realistic and sane metrics and targets for growth.

I am sure there is a sound managment guru or two who has metrics down to the minute of how long it should take. I will happily accept that too. Just please note that is what you are giving if you dont go into detail.

Okay. I will quit typing now. Thank you for reading all the way down here.
I have timed it for the last 26years from set up, invest, process and finish, heat cured in 2hrs. If I am doing more than one arch, it is less time/ arch because you can invest 2,3 or 4 at the same time. $350 and up.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I have timed it for the last 26years from set up, invest, process and finish, heat cured in 2hrs. If I am doing more than one arch, it is less time/ arch because you can invest 2,3 or 4 at the same time. $350 and up.
You must be microwave processing.