Bioseal Implant

N

NicoleDP

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a Dr who says she has a patient with a Bioseal implant and that the implant company is no longer in business. I can not find anything online about it and shes wondering if there is any other way to restore it so I was wondering if anyone has come across this ?!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a Dr who says she has a patient with a Bioseal implant and that the implant company is no longer in business. I can not find anything online about it and shes wondering if there is any other way to restore it so I was wondering if anyone has come across this ?!
Is there an abutment already seated?

Remove the crown and treat it as a standard crown impression if you can. Have to ce careful with crown removal not to need to adjust the abutment. No screws will be available to reseat the abutment so it all must be done in the mouth.

N

NicoleDP

Reaction score
Yes the abutment is already seated but she doesn't like the abutment that is on there right now because its too short. I did get an xray but I can't find anything to match it, i'm going to try and attach the xray (not sure if it will work)

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
You sure DDS got right information from pt?
BioSeal was registered as bone graft material.

Product belongs to AB Dental
LCM

D

Darwin Bagley CDT

Reaction score
There was an implant called Bioseal designed by William Nordquist DDS of San Diego.
Unfortunately, it is prosthetically unique. Can you post x-rays?
The insert image function for this forum does not seem to be working. If you post your e-mail I will send you graphics. Or call me directly.
Darwin
Implant Direct tech support
702-249-0165

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
There was an implant called Bioseal designed by William Nordquist DDS of San Diego.
The insert image function for this forum does not seem to be working. If you post your e-mail I will send you graphics. Or call me directly.
Darwin
702-249-0165
Darwin, your account has under 5 posts, and you'll be able to upload pictures and start PMs after 2 more.
FYI: I know you belong, but I can't override that setting.

N

NicoleDP

Reaction score
Darwin
702-249-0165
I tried to post xrays but it wouldn't attach but I can send you an email. My email is [email protected]. And I will be calling you tomorrow as well, thanks so much for your help!

N

NicoleDP

Reaction score
Here's images for Bioseal implant.

Darwin
yes that's it! Since they are no longer around do you know of any other way to get a new abutment for this, or are they stuck with what they have?
Thank you so much by the way!!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Probably the difficult bit - even if you find a nice non engaging matching tibase, is that the screw thread and seat are also unique. Cant say for sure. Hope darwin can help with more info. A measurement of the diameter of the base and the screw hole, as well as the threading. Then we can pick parts out of catalogs.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Amazing! Kudos to Darwin!
We need to hook him up to a supercomputer and download his knowledge base with a USB cable or something!
LCM

N

NicoleDP

Reaction score
Yes, thank you Darwin that was a great find! I would have never found that without your help!