Where i can find the stl files produced by the model builder?

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
Where i can find the stl files produced by the model builder?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
select your case, press f7

or, right click, select "generate CAM output" under Advanced menu.

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
Hello, CoolHandLuke, i have done that already. It only generates the stl files for the design but not for the model.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hello, CoolHandLuke, i have done that already. It only generates the stl files for the design but not for the model.
Just want to make sure you do have the model builder option paid for and installed to your dongle by your reseller.

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
Well, we paid for the Complete restorative. Please check the Image . Thank you so much in advance.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if that is the case, then the models have not yet been designed and saved. select the "build model" option once your case design is complete.

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
if that is the case, then the models have not yet been designed and saved. select the "build model" option once your case design is complete.
Thank you so much Luke. I am going to explain the case we are working on, i do not really know if it is possible to be done using 3shape. Well, we received a model without a preparation from a lab to create temporaries. What we are doing is scanning that model and design the case. It is everything okay, it creates a virtual preparation and everything looks good. But when we open the model builder, and we design de model, what we get at the end is the new design over the scan it is a mess. What we want to do is print a model out of the virtual preparation produced in the design. Let me know if this makes sense. Thanks in advance.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i see. what 3shape wants to give you as a model is different from what you want 3shape to give you. in that case you'll have to search for the correct file in the order (explore order) and find the prepared scan, and use that in model builder instead.

this is going to be a manual process, because this isn't what 3shape designed its process to do. 3shape wants to give you a model so you can do a suckdown for a temp matrix.

R

rookiee

Reaction score
Thank you so much Luke. I am going to explain the case we are working on, i do not really know if it is possible to be done using 3shape. Well, we received a model without a preparation from a lab to create temporaries. What we are doing is scanning that model and design the case. It is everything okay, it creates a virtual preparation and everything looks good. But when we open the model builder, and we design de model, what we get at the end is the new design over the scan it is a mess. What we want to do is print a model out of the virtual preparation produced in the design. Let me know if this makes sense. Thanks in advance.
Not possible...shell temporaries are shell temps and no need for model and I guess 3 shape thinks the same so you won't be able to do a model with virtual prep. Some have done it but I guess with 3rd party software or they did "preparations" on model before designing anything...

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
Luke, we contacted our re-seller Zahn Digital Solutions, and they explained us that what we want to do is not possible. The have received this request previously from another clients and they have reported it to 3shape, but nothing yet. I do not understand why, if you really can see the virtual preparation when designing why you cannot generate an stl from that.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Zahn doesnt know anything. They are as useful as a nipple on an elbow. Anything is possible. It may take an inbetween step, but its do-able.

Make an order for copings on an unprepared model, do your reduction and save the case. Then make an order for printed models and fish out the prepped model from the older order.

Will it fit your temps? Not likely. Is it what you wanted? Pretty sure it is.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
you need to strive for EXO-lence. did you see what i did there did you.????

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
Zahn doesnt know anything. They are as useful as a nipple on an elbow. Anything is possible. It may take an inbetween step, but its do-able.

Make an order for copings on an unprepared model, do your reduction and save the case. Then make an order for printed models and fish out the prepped model from the older order.

Will it fit your temps? Not likely. Is it what you wanted? Pretty sure it is.
Thank you so much Luke, your answers are really helpful to us and i think to everybody. I will try it, and i will let you know.

T

Techn1c

Reaction score
Thank you so much Luke, your answers are really helpful to us and i think to everybody. I will try it, and i will let you know.
Good day, gentlemen, the third day I am struggling with this task (send the model with the design for print) Google pointed to this forum :) Did you manage to do this? oh almighty Luke save me from this headache!)))

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!
Good day, gentlemen, the third day I am struggling with this task (send the model with the design for print) Google pointed to this forum :) Did you manage to do this? oh almighty Luke save me from this headache!)))

T

Techn1c

Reaction score
Thanks a lot to Luke, he is the best! very quickly solved my problem which did not give me rest for four working days.

C

chamby61

Reaction score
Muchas gracias Lucas. Voy a explicar el caso que estamos trabajando, no se sabe muy bien si es posible hacer uso de 3shape. Bueno, recibimos un modelo sin una preparación de un laboratorio para crear temporales. Lo que estamos haciendo es la exploración de ese modelo y el diseño de la caja. Es todo bien, se crea una preparación virtual y todo se ve bien. Pero cuando abrimos el constructor de modelos, y diseñamos de modelo, lo que obtenemos al final es el nuevo diseño sobre la exploración es un desastre. Lo que queremos hacer es imprimir un modelo de la preparación virtual producida en el diseño. Hágamelo saber si esto tiene sentido. Gracias por adelantado.
Si q es posible, yo lo he hecho pero tiene que exportar el archivo del provisional y el archivo del modelo sin la reducción del modelo al programa Mexmisher.

Modedit: Translation by Google below

If possible, I have done it but you have to export the provisional file and the model file without reducing the model to the Mexmisher program.

Last edited by a moderator: