What materials you use for aligners and why?

S

StephenD

Reaction score
I want to start making aligners in my clinic and the first question I have encountered was what material I should use?

I want to hear your opinions.

Thanks to everyone, who will give their opinion, Stephen 😉

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
We used Scheu Duran, but ultimately just started sending scans to Clear Correct.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Seems like the form2 is the best bang for the buck, depends on your production and quality standards.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Can you recommend me some 3d printer or 3d scanner to use in aligners production?
3D printers are used for the aligner model that the aligner material is formed on. As of now I am not aware of any 3D printer/material combination that will print aligners.

-Glenn

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Zendura can be used on a biostar, whether its better or not I have no clue. The success of an aligner is mostly based on the CAD movements of the teeth not necessarily the material. If you dont get the desired movement, try a thicker/harder material. The lab side is pretty basic, the orthodontic movements are what is critical. I think great lakes has a book on CAD aligners. But I highly recommend the biostar, not a cheap suckdown machine. You need really tight adaptation to get movement.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
You need really tight adaptation to get movement.
As well as large cleats to apply leverage/torsion. IPR and patient compliance help as well.

S

StephenD

Reaction score
3D printers are used for the aligner model that the aligner material is formed on. As of now I am not aware of any 3D printer/material combination that will print aligners.

-Glenn
I understand that, but I still need a 3d printer to print the model of teeth. And I need some good 3d scanner to scan the model of teeth and transform it into the 3d model so that I can move teeth using the software. Correct me please if I'm wrong.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Do I need cleats to change aligners shape?
They change the aligners shape by providing a griping surface on the teeth to assist in extrusion or rotation of the position.

Top Bottom