Crown to denture

JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
Hi all,
Is there any way to get the design so it's spot on, or is it impossible, and adjustment is always needed.
Thanks all

Attachments

• IMG_20190613_144626.jpg
    IMG_20190613_144626.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 114
user name

user name

Reaction score
Spot on is possible. I make my model with multiple removable sections so it can hold the partial in place, but allow me to remove enough that the scan will see everything. Light scan spray with SKD-S2. I scan the partial as a pre-op. Quite a bit of tweeking with wax on/wax off, then mill in wax to verify. make any adjustments, then mill in Zr.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Is there any way to get the design so it's spot on, or is it impossible, and adjustment is always needed.
Thanks all

JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
Mill in wax...
Spot on is possible. I make my model with multiple removable sections so it can hold the partial in place, but allow me to remove enough that the scan will see everything. Light scan spray with SKD-S2. I scan the partial as a pre-op. Quite a bit of tweeking with wax on/wax off, then mill in wax to verify. make any adjustments, then mill in Zr.
Thanks,
I like the idea of milling in wax, checking fit, then scanning waxup in Zi.:)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Mill in wax...

Thanks,

Delivered a case this morning doing it that way. I also ask for a pre op in case that is in good enough shape, or modify it with scan wax and use that for my pre op scan and design.

But I am intrigued by what user name mentioned (I've never scanned the partial as a pre op) as well as JMN's excellent post/link.

Last edited:
JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
Here is the fit after milling.
Close...but no cigar.
Shouldn't take too long to seat.

Attachments

• IMG_20190614_100551.jpg
    IMG_20190614_100551.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 103
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Nice looking zirconia, jeff. What did you use?

How do you like your E2?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Mill in wax...

Thanks,
Just to clarify...
scanning the partial as a pre-op doesnt allow for any 'adapt to' function. I set the partial scan to a level of slight transparency so I can see where my crown design is intersecting the rest and clasps. Careful adjustments are to get it just out of contact...as close as you can.

Then when milled in wax, I dont adjust the wax up. Go back to your digital design and make modifications there. No rescanning of the wax up. Thats not accurate enough.

Last step is soo important...

Charge for it!

$50 bucks extra seems fair to me.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Just to clarify...
scanning the partial as a pre-op doesnt allow for any 'adapt to' function. I set the partial scan to a level of slight transparency so I can see where my crown design is intersecting the rest and clasps. Careful adjustments are to get it just out of contact...as close as you can.

Then when milled in wax, I dont adjust the wax up. Go back to your digital design and make modifications there. No rescanning of the wax up. Thats not accurate enough.

Last step is soo important...

Charge for it!

$50 bucks extra seems fair to me.
After you have it all adjusted how you like. Try importing the partial scan as the antagonist in exocad and cut intersections. Then go back and add a dab to the area engaging the clasp tip.
I charge $100 extra. Seems reasonable since the patient, me, and the practice doesn't have to be inconvenienced by the partial denture shuffle.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I'm at $45. I do need to bump it up more, it's been awhile since I have.

JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
Nice looking zirconia, jeff. What did you use?

How do you like your E2?
Its the 3D multilayer from aidite. I also use Zircad mt multi, but honestly, this stuff looks great.
The e2 is great. I upgraded from the old 700 and it's basically double the speed at every scan.
It was hard to say goodbye to the old 700 though. Like a faithful dog she was☺

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Its the 3D multilayer from aidite. I also use Zircad mt multi, but honestly, this stuff looks great.
The e2 is great. I upgraded from the old 700 and it's basically double the speed at every scan.
It was hard to say goodbye to the old 700 though. Like a faithful dog she was☺

It's probably also nice that you no longer need to open a scanner door 4 times (single die scan) for each model scan (minus a pre op scan).

Last edited:
JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
It's probably also nice that you no longer need to open a scanner door 4 times (single die scan) for each model scan (minus a pre op scan).
True for sure.
Also the texture scan is handy on occasion.
Multi die scan is convenient if the dies all fit in the holder.
Sometimes they are too big.
But very happy with it.

JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
http://en.aidite.com/multilayer-3d/
This is the one you use?
Wonder how the tariff is affecting pricing or medical dental is exempt . . .
LCM
Yes, have been using it for over 18 months now and it is such a nice zirconia. I believe they are the first to offer 600 - 900 MPA graduation in a multishade disk. I've heard they are developing a 1200mpa 3D as well.
I actually prefer the base A and B shades to Zircad multi.
I'm in Australia, so not sure about pricing for you guys. But worth a look.
It's a very nice zi.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
@jeppsta, @JMN, thank you for the info and sharing.
Wonder if their zirconia is from China or TOSOH . . .
They also claim ISO and CFDA and FDA certifications.
LCM

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
@jeppsta, @JMN, thank you for the info and sharing.
Wonder if their zirconia is from China or TOSOH . . .
They also claim ISO and CFDA and FDA certifications.
LCM
Not sure about the recipe/materials, I do know that at least 2 MAJOR brands have their Zi manufactured by Aidite, but my reseller wouldn't say who.
Big brands that are popular world wide.
He has been over to the plant and said it is state of the art.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Not sure about the recipe/materials, I do know that at least 2 MAJOR brands have their Zi manufactured by Aidite, but my reseller wouldn't say who.
Big brands that are popular world wide.
He has been over to the plant and said it is state of the art.
I dont have trouble believing you, but we have no frame of reference here. State of the art zirconia pressing is 40 years old technology. State of the art chinesium factories are still human powered because labor is cheaper than automata. State of the art factories are leagues beyond what lab work is at its core. So some specificity here will go a long way.