Printer models

R

Rugardave

Reaction score
Do labs pin and base printed models? Are there situations when you would do this? Thx Dave

HygienicBee

HygienicBee

Reaction score
Our lab has based the opposing model with a poured working model a few times, but that would only be done if our dies are not scanning in accurately.
In short, yes there are some situations where you gotta do what you gotta do

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Do labs pin and base printed models? Are there situations when you would do this? Thx Dave
I prefer a solid model and a separate printed die. There are options for some fancy bases in the 3 shape model library but I don't personally use them.
I have tried printing the Hellen Keller models with the removable dies but they are not as accurate for checking contacts as the dies have some play in them.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
anyone receiving scans from the dental office and printing models to work in a removable lab? What printer are you using? Resin? How’s it working out for you?

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
General question. What fees do you charge for printed models? We outsource our model printer and have been charging dental office, what we pay for them, $25.00 to $45.00 depending on what type of model it is. As more of our clients turn to digital, I am wondering how some of them will accept the fees for model work in addition to the restoration fees. So far, no one has complained about the model fee.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
General question. What fees do you charge for printed models? We outsource our model printer and have been charging dental office, what we pay for them, $25.00 to $45.00 depending on what type of model it is. As more of our clients turn to digital, I am wondering how some of them will accept the fees for model work in addition to the restoration fees. So far, no one has complained about the model fee.
You chaeged for models and die trimming, why would it be any different? Still need a model.

If you are blesed enough to hafe a dr in your bunch that you can talk with, see if you can spend a bit of time talking with them about reimburement issues and how you can make it work best for the offices. Insurance coding for stuff gets weird and we can do stuff they have a hard time coding or one that makes it easy,.

Might be a different remunitertive amount for a printed solid model vs whatever else.

I wouldn't give ky time away that it takes for the logistics of dealing with the model ordering unpacking and all the other stuff that goes with them. Sell the model only at cost if they do all the ordering and it is just shipped to you on your accoumt.