Attachment in Exocad

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Dr. wants a 5 unit Zr bridge with a distal ball attachment off of #10. How do I make the ball a certain size so the denture lab can retrofit a female of the same size to the existing partial. Basically can I choose the size of the ball in Exocad Thank you in advance.
. thumbnail_20190612_182038.jpg thumbnail_20190612_182149.jpg

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
There are some Bredent ball attachments in exocad library. I don't think you can scale them. Any chance of finding what attachment was used for the partial?
Any photos you can post?

Haven't tried, but you may be able to make one with exocad using the Attachment tool after merging.
Switch to expert mode, free form, ATT, Add, scroll to rotation, see if there is a sphere in the library. You should be able to scale the size.
You will probably need to make a guiding plane of some sort. Use extrusion for that.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
The partial does not have any attachment right now, Dr. wants to retrofit the female into the partial after the bridge is done. I want to be able to make the size of the ball so it can match to the Bredent female. So when I add the ball to the bridge in exocad the size of the ball in millimeters is a mystery? What's extrusion?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
2mm ball attachment, scale it to your needs... good luck milling it Ciao

Attachments

• 2mm ball attachment.stl
    61.3 KB · Views: 38
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Thank you, how do I get this to my exocad?
Dude, seriously, you're just about never gonna get that to mill out unless you put it on a shaft sticking out of the crown that is at least 3x wider than the burr diameter. And it won't be near as strong as a metal ball would be , nor like on a precision attachment of old school cast and solder pfm ways.

See if you can give him some facts and get him to say 'no' when you tell him you'll have to bill for the 3 pucks you're gonna go through and 5 burs your gonna break.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Dude, seriously, you're just about never gonna get that to mill out unless you put it on a shaft sticking out of the crown that is at least 3x wider than the burr diameter. And it won't be near as strong as a metal ball would be , nor like on a precision attachment of old school cast and solder pfm ways.

See if you can give him some facts and get him to say 'no' when you tell him you'll have to bill for the 3 pucks you're gonna go through and 5 burs your gonna break.
First of all thank you for all the replies.
So you are saying cast the frame with attachment or Zr w/out attachment. I actually wanted Argen to mill that for me. I am not too savvy on milling, as you can see :)

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I have done titanium telescopic type coping with era attachment and then scanned that as one of the preps on the model. Next make zirconia frame over that coping as regular bridge abutment. You could do the same with Bredent ball attachment if you need to cast rather than mill.
There are other attachment options in exocad libraries as well.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I have done titanium telescopic type coping with era attachment and then scanned that as one of the preps on the model. Next make zirconia frame over that coping as regular bridge abutment. You could do the same with Bredent ball attachment if you need to cast rather than mill.
There are other attachment options in exocad libraries as well.
I am all questions, sorry.
Wouldn't the program cover the attachment with zirconia? How would I make exocad let me have the attachment come out through Zr frame?

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I am all questions, sorry.
Wouldn't the program cover the attachment with zirconia? How would I make exocad let me have the attachment come out through Zr frame?
I think I have it, Make the margins around the attachment! Your coping with attachment is a great Idea!