Identica scanner, Exocad, Nobel Biocare custom abutment

S

shamim1982

Reaction score
Hello folks,
Yhis is my first post here and I'm not sure if this is the right place.

I'm trying to design custom abutment with Nobel Biocare in Exocad. The problem is Nobel Biocare has the universal type library only and basically "if you want to do custom abutment you need to use 3shape cad", I was told by technical support team member.
Any other suggestions maybe a compatible brand?

Thanks in advance.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,
Yhis is my first post here and I'm not sure if this is the right place.

I'm trying to design custom abutment with Nobel Biocare in Exocad. The problem is Nobel Biocare has the universal type library only and basically "if you want to do custom abutment you need to use 3shape cad", I was told by technical support team member.
Any other suggestions maybe a compatible brand?

Thanks in advance.
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

Yep, you're in the right place. So long as you were looking for the finals in the tractor pull and a spirited discussion of bovine judging. Oh, wait, that's a different level of 'here'.

It can be done, but not with genuine Nobel parts all the way through. Well, not easily.

One of the exocad wizards will be around after tucking their 3d mouse into bed for the night.

Some more information will help them give you direct answers.

1)What scan bodies do you have on hand? I assume you have ones that match the platform and interface.

2)Are you looking to need a 'normal' custom abutment or does the implant placement need a rescue with angled screw channel?

S

shamim1982

Reaction score
Thank you for your quick response.
1.Actually I have the "
Position Locator Single Abutment Nobel Biocare CC RP
300458" basically I can't use it for custom abutment design because, there is no library for custom abutment design. All they have is just universal library or pre-designed abutment and universal abutment should purchase from Nobel Biocare also you will need to design crowns or coping for it. I thought since this is UCLA type implant there should be some other companies based by USLA design and I can download there library and purchase their own locators.

2. I should have the ability to design any type of custom abutment once I have the right library files or folder.

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
Why don't you just use a third party option....something like Dess, NT trading, etc. You can design a ZI cstm abt on a ti-base, and some have millable blanks for titanium....order the scan bodies, load up their libraries and go.

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
If you aren't getting the hint at what others are trying to tell you...Exocad and Noble are not buds. Better to use a different scan marker like what Larry and RDA stated. Many out there, NT, TruAbutment, Argen, Dess, etc... Much less expensive too!!!

S

shamim1982

Reaction score
If you aren't getting the hint at what others are trying to tell you...Exocad and Noble are not buds. Better to use a different scan marker like what Larry and RDA stated. Many out there, NT, TruAbutment, Argen, Dess, etc... Much less expensive too!!!
Thank you.
Why don't you just use a third party option....something like Dess, NT trading, etc. You can design a ZI cstm abt on a ti-base, and some have millable blanks for titanium....order the scan bodies, load up their libraries and go.
Basically I want to know those third party company that I can buy and use their library to design my abutments.

S

shamim1982

Reaction score
I think I got a resolution with DESS.
Thank you all for your suggestions

Top Bottom