5-12 veneers

D

DrG

Reaction score
Good Stuff Maynard...I'm sure @DrG will comment, but I was always told the dark triangles will close if less than 2mm and naturally oral hygiene is performed??? I bet the patient loved them, she appears a class 2 and those veneers REALLY compliments her smile and lip very nicely. Take a Bow!!!
Sorry, I just came back from the AO meeting in DC.
The probability to have a papilla fill the interproximal space when the distance between the interproximal peak of bone to contact point is 5mm or less is about 100% according to Tarnow. That's between 2 natural teeth. In the real world, maybe 4mm... I have a feeling the black triangles will close. Beautiful case BTW.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I miss the time of sitting with a coupe cups of coffee and putting some soul in to a case. You got nice results.
i do enjoy it, beyond the usual end results....its nice when i can put in an audiobook or crank up some classic rock and just focus on hand crafting something unique. its soothing. relaxing. and keeps me energized for learning and doing better.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Sorry, I just came back from the AO meeting in DC.
The probability to have a papilla fill the interproximal space when the distance between the interproximal peak of bone to contact point is 5mm or less is about 100% according to Tarnow. That's between 2 natural teeth. In the real world, maybe 4mm... I have a feeling the black triangles will close. Beautiful case BTW.
thank you, sir. i appreciate the feedback!

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I too tend to see the things I would want to change, even if the Dr. and patient are happy.
I hate that, especially if it is obvious (in my eyes, anyway)! I wish w'd have more try-ins... But it is difficult when all your clients are at least 100 miles away...

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
well, tbh......i still dont have what i consider adequate enough parameters in 3shape or exocad for milling wax on everything. most single unit crowns i can get a reasonable enough result, but something this important needed the touches only a technicians hand can give and the fit only hand waxing gives.
was actually thinking about what you said previously about why i waxed them. wanted to ask again if anyone had spot on precise milling parameters in exocad for wax....i cant seem to tweak them to just the right fit for certain preps and def not for veneers (though i say this and have one milling currently)
I do pretty much all my wax work on the machine. It took us a while to get it honed-in. And, for example, you get better results when you design/mill veneers as 'veneers', and not 'crowns'. Although it may sound obvious, it mainly means you will have to do all the cutbacks in wax, and not while designing.

Why I do all the waxing digitally? It streamlines the process. You can dial-in the parameters, like minimal thickness, which comes in handy when doing posterior e.max crowns. I can remill, if needed. And, after decades of hand waxing, I don't mind the machine doing it.
A couple things you have to consider, though. Every so often I have to 're-wax' the margin. This is rather quick and done easily. Another thing, as we know, the machine not always copies a hundred percent the topography of th prep. Some internal adjustments may be needed, before pressing/casting.

I use Harvest's milling wax (beige). Smells good ;-),is resistant, has a nice contrast and you can mill it easily.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I do pretty much all my wax work on the machine. It took us a while to get it honed-in. And, for example, you get better results when you design/mill veneers as 'veneers', and not 'crowns'. Although it may sound obvious, it mainly means you will have to do all the cutbacks in wax, and not while designing.

Why I do all the waxing digitally? It streamlines the process. You can dial-in the parameters, like minimal thickness, which comes in handy when doing posterior e.max crowns. I can remill, if needed. And, after decades of hand waxing, I don't mind the machine doing it.
A couple things you have to consider, though. Every so often I have to 're-wax' the margin. This is rather quick and done easily. Another thing, as we know, the machine not always copies a hundred percent the topography of th prep. Some internal adjustments may be needed, before pressing/casting.

I use Harvest's milling wax (beige). Smells good ;-),is resistant, has a nice contrast and you can mill it easily.
Sorry, not clear on what 'resistant' means. To breaking from a drop maybe?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Sorry, not clear on what 'resistant' means. To breaking from a drop maybe?
That and you don't have to be afraid to hold it and crack it, even as veneers. I guess it has a high content of resin.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score

i agree with all of this.
are you using 3shape or exo?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
i agree with all of this.
are you using 3shape or exo?
3shape. But I don't think it matters.

Give it a shot! It is a trial/error game, but wax is relatively cheap and you know instantly if your parameters are correct or not, unlike zr, where you have to sinter first. And wax doesn't wear out you burs and machine...

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I dont think thats a black triangle on the centrals, it looks like blood. A lot of glory shot pics get ruined that way.. Nice looking case, if I changed anything on it I would maybe soften the line angle on the cuspids, but it looks very natural. Oh and I would do them in CAD!

D

dontcallmesweety

Reaction score
Great results!

Black triangles can be an issue, but I think it is a responsibility primarily for the dentist. Tissue handling when prepping the veneers,use of cord, cementation, and post cementation cleanup, placement of the margin etc.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
3shape. But I don't think it matters.

Give it a shot! It is a trial/error game, but wax is relatively cheap and you know instantly if your parameters are correct or not, unlike zr, where you have to sinter first. And wax doesn't wear out you burs and machine...
i was using 3shape. REALLY didnt like the way veneers turned out.
having better luck milling them with exo....but they arent spot on and i havent been able to dial it is.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
i was using 3shape. REALLY didnt like the way veneers turned out.
Veneers are a challenge. Depends also on the prep. I do have to correct the margin, after milling, every so often, but it is in no way comparable to hand wax them completely.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I still hand wax my veeners most of the time. Usually I have a putty matrix of the wax-up so I think it's actually faster to hand wax than to take up the milling/printer time.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
...bust out the foil......this case reminds me of 15 years ago when everyone was remortgaging their house for some extra cash and the make over shows were hot on T.V. ..those were money makers..

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
you can mark your margins short on the die in CAD, then go back and hand wax them. I usually do this on veneers. Ive been using IDS cad wax recently, but the cheap ebay stuff works well too. I just make sure to clean it before investing and put it in a pressure vessel while curing.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score

..ordered my Miyo kit last week, I might be bugging you for tips on how to use it.
no problem. jensen has been amazing with support and its really fun to work with! @KIM

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

..ordered my Miyo kit last week, I might be bugging you for tips on how to use it.

They also have some really nice resource videos they'll send you a link to, when you buy a kit.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
..Yes they sent me the link.. I'll have to watch. The kits are back ordered until the end of the month.