5-12 veneers

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
yep, im asking for it.... will post the progression of 5-12 veneers completed this week and seated today. will get final pics after tissue calms down in a bit.
heres temp model and preps poured and trimmed.
32099 32101 32102 32105 32103

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
waxing.....
32106 32107 32108
and after pressing.....

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
did some miyo staining and microlayering (@KIM ).......
hard to see in the pics, but i assure you its there! haha
32110 32111 32112

doug

doug

Reaction score
That's a very nice outcome. I'm surprised that there wasn't some bitching by the patient about the dark triangles. :)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
That's a very nice outcome. I'm surprised that there wasn't some bitching by the patient about the dark triangles. :)
thanks for being gentle with that LOL
doc is fully expecting the tissue to rebound easily. shes younger and that was immediately after bonding

user name

user name

Reaction score
I cant believe you hand waxed them.

What did you press them out of?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Good Stuff Maynard...I'm sure @DrG will comment, but I was always told the dark triangles will close if less than 2mm and naturally oral hygiene is performed??? I bet the patient loved them, she appears a class 2 and those veneers REALLY compliments her smile and lip very nicely. Take a Bow!!!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
They look nice, but why not do them in CAD?
well, tbh......i still dont have what i consider adequate enough parameters in 3shape or exocad for milling wax on everything. most single unit crowns i can get a reasonable enough result, but something this important needed the touches only a technicians hand can give and the fit only hand waxing gives.
was actually thinking about what you said previously about why i waxed them. wanted to ask again if anyone had spot on precise milling parameters in exocad for wax....i cant seem to tweak them to just the right fit for certain preps and def not for veneers (though i say this and have one milling currently)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Good Stuff Maynard...I'm sure @DrG will comment, but I was always told the dark triangles will close if less than 2mm and naturally oral hygiene is performed??? I bet the patient loved them, she appears a class 2 and those veneers REALLY compliments her smile and lip very nicely. Take a Bow!!!
thank you, sir. she is younger and i believe they will close up. i will shoot you a PM with some additional info you might find interesting LOL

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Nice glaze and translucency. It
follows the lower lip nicely.
Well done :)
thank you sir.
i sit here looking at them wishing small things were done to fix things. but overall im happy, and shes happy!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
thank you sir.
i sit here looking at them wishing small things were done to fix things. but overall im happy, and shes happy!

Yep, we're our own worst critics. I too tend to see the things I would want to change, even if the Dr. and patient are happy. I guess that's what separates all the great techs here from the more "crank em out" production labs.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Yep, we're our own worst critics. I too tend to see the things I would want to change, even if the Dr. and patient are happy. I guess that's what separates all the great techs here from the more "crank em out" production labs.
You're exactly right, we are always very critical of each other, so much so it's starts large arguments...but it takes real talent to criticisize your own work. Personally, I'm soooo critical of the model work being shown. I think I consider that the basics and it's something you always see with consistent techs who post great work, model work is always stellar too...just an observation my eye goes too.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
@sidesh0wb0b Showed to the Amazing Mrs, she said "Beautiful, absolutely BEAUTIFUL"

We get good only from looking at the things we dislike about our best work.
Beating yourself up won't do it, but your observations will.

And you're a great observer.

I haven't yet sent out a case I've seen later that didn't have issues I saw at recall. That is growth. If you don't ever see something 'wrong', you are stagnating. And that'll be the day I hang it up.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
🎖

Thanks for attending

user name

user name

Reaction score
well, tbh......i still dont have what i consider adequate enough parameters in 3shape or exocad for milling wax on everything. most single unit crowns i can get a reasonable enough result, but something this important needed the touches only a technicians hand can give and the fit only hand waxing gives.
was actually thinking about what you said previously about why i waxed them. wanted to ask again if anyone had spot on precise milling parameters in exocad for wax....i cant seem to tweak them to just the right fit for certain preps and def not for veneers (though i say this and have one milling currently)
I miss the time of sitting with a coupe cups of coffee and putting some soul in to a case. You got nice results.