What kind of mill do you own? and what's the lifespan?

L

laceygoriDD

Reaction score
WaxOnScanOff do you have a network of Cerec dentist that can send you cases? I would look at the Versamill from Axsys Dental since Argen has 50+ of them milling zirconia. A work horse and not much more than buying a Roland. Axsys is a sponsor of DLN too

Keith, have you heard of Crystal Ultra hybrid dentures?

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
Yes I am familiar with Crystal Ultra hybrid dentures

L

laceygoriDD

Reaction score
Yes I am familiar with Crystal Ultra hybrid dentures
Great! I see that you're passionate about implants and you've even worked on a project for All on 4 implant reconstruction. I'd like to hear about what you do now and what your opinion is about Crystal Ultra. Whether that's on there, or offline. my email is [email protected]

Rainbow Machine

Rainbow Machine

Reaction score
Anyone with experience with the Roland DWX-52 mill? Looking for some real world feedback and not sales talk! Thanks! Happy New Year

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Anyone with experience with the Roland DWX-52 mill? Looking for some real world feedback and not sales talk! Thanks! Happy New Year
i have a 51d, pretty much the same thing without a puck changer. love it. little work horse!

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Hi all,
A little off topic: would there be a vibration problem if the milling machine is on the second floor? I am thinking of buying the Versa mill 5x400.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Hi all,
A little off topic: would there be a vibration problem if the milling machine is on the second floor? I am thinking of buying the Versa mill 5x400.
Vibration for being on the second floor should'nt be an issue for dental mills...they're not that accurate

user name

user name

Reaction score
Hi all,
If you set a record player on top of it, Im willing to bet the album wouldnt skip.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Hi all,
long term vibrations might cause issues with your mill quality but not with a noise level or structural integrity for the floors below. at least not that size mill

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive got a ceramill motion and a DOF sharp 5x .. both have been great for me so far. Ceramill has run for 5+ years of light duty with no issues.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I guess I am a little paranoid

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
VHF K4 5yrs still running strong
VHF S1 4yrs
Wieland Mini 1yr 7months
Wieland Hybrid Select 2 years

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
Ohhh yeah forsure, time to total it lol. Did you buy another Roland or go with something else?
Since then:
2 more Dwx-50 that have been awesome - 4 years, 2 spindles and one rebuild.
3 Roland 51d that have been very good, 2-3 years, minor issues only.
1 Amann girbach ceramill motion 2 - 3-4 years - awesome, minor issues and one expensive recalibration of the rotation for abutments.
1 ivoclar weiland select hybrid - 2 years. - nightmare! Constant repairs and downtime, very expensive to run and more problems than the rest of the mills combined.
1 Axsys Versamill 5s400 - so far awesome, minor complications, real workhorse.

Bear in mind we are pretty demanding equipment wise, we run the mills a lot of hours and put a ton of units through them. We also have very rigorous equipment maintenance - I can pull logs on every piece of equipment and know that maintenance was performed and track uptime and service costs, as well as material usage by machine. We maintain them well, but we need them to RUN.

Going forward - we are adding the versamill 5x200 from Axsys this month, and will most likely be gradually replacing the Rolands with 5x400 or 5x200’s (it I buy a boat the ivoclar mill might make a decent anchor lol)

Rainbow Machine

Rainbow Machine

Reaction score
i have a 51d, pretty much the same thing without a puck changer. love it. little work horse!

Some questions: How long have you had the 51? How many units per month go through it? Any parts replaced or service on it? Thanks for your help!

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
origin 5000, 7 years or so. haven't used in a while. had its issues, but quality mill. wieland select, 5 years or so. broke down many times. many, many times. pretty much had every part replaced multiple times. wieland mini , 4 years. more reliable than the select. pm7, new. barely used it, currently broken, and it's been down for most of the time we've had it so far.

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
Brand new mill and broken most of the time...wow

WENDY

WENDY

Reaction score
The Roland dwx50 that we bought when we started the lab just died, 5 years, just about 50,000 units milled. 80 % zirc, 10% wax, 10% pmma.
Rebuild would cost about 4K at this point for the various things it needs, but we decided to put it to pasture, it had a good run.

Hi! Did you ever have to replace the spindle and spindle motor? I've had my DWX50 for 5 years now, so I was just wondering if it's time to start thinking about buying a new one. Any advice?

Top Bottom