How many dentures/day?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Looking for some arch output numbers from y'all.

I'd really like to know personal and lab (with # of techs or an avg- whichever is easier for you) arch output counts
made in a month
made in a day
think you should make to keep the quality

Solid guesses are welcome, I am not asking you to go through records and come up with "Over the last 12 years we have had 2-7 techs making 1.459- 90.742 arches per day....."

Old school methods only, digital only, and anywhere in between. If you still make vulcanized dentures, join in.

Get as detailed as you like. Or not. All input is welcome. Really.

If you have never posted before, just come into the light long enough to type the three numbers. Please. I want as many responses as possible to get a good average.

As far as breaking it down if you sell more than one level, as long as it is what you consider your high end work, economy work, or if you only do one 'level', that's fine. Just please say whether its all what level or split it between levels if you like. Y'all know what I mean. I hope. We all have different ideas of quality and I hope it will work out in the wash.

I have talked with people who have made over 30 poured dentures in a day from impression to polish and others who do one before and one after lunch.

Trying to get some ideas of realistic and sane metrics and targets for growth.

I am sure there is a sound managment guru or two who has metrics down to the minute of how long it should take. I will happily accept that too. Just please note that is what you are giving if you dont go into detail.

Okay. I will quit typing now. Thank you for reading all the way down here.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
We make zero dentures / year... Cheers

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I would say from impression to bagging, starting at 9:00am, one technician could pour,setup,invest,pack,heat cure,finish and polish one denture by 4:00pm. Pour technique could reduce this time. A tight VDO immediate could extend it. Setup with Premium teeth, Occlusal curves, Standard heat cure. You could run more cases with it, but will affect progress. Of course you could use "tricks" to shorten this time, but I'm estimating with standard techniques and protocol.
Most of the time is waisted waiting for gypsum to dry, wax to cool, acrylic to dough, and cure time. If you could have them ready for flask by 900:am, then you could probably do 5-8 by 4:00pm. Using pour technique, maybe you could do 30. Depends if you fix all the air bubbles, voids, or tooth slips....LOL

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Myself from start to finish...probably four arches a day. I cure overnight though and we are a little on the higher end (450+).

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
Are you asking total process time ( like a start a stop watch when your hand of the case and stop it when the case goes out the door which would include drying time curing time etc)
Or technical production time (how long it’s in someone’s hands to complete the work)

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Set up, wax, invest, boil out, ivocap inject, cool, break out, finish and polish. About 4 arches a day. But that's not how our schedule works, set and wax one day, invest, inject fulls, pack partials the next day, and finish the day after that, IF everything is running smoothly, but you've always got the unscheduled repairs, relines, and rush cases to add to the mix.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Remember to include pour impression, trim, stick, mount, then setup.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Looking for some arch output numbers from y'all.

I'd really like to know personal and lab (with # of techs or an avg- whichever is easier for you) arch output counts
made in a month
made in a day
think you should make to keep the quality

Solid guesses are welcome, I am not asking you to go through records and come up with "Over the last 12 years we have had 2-7 techs making 1.459- 90.742 arches per day....."

Old school methods only, digital only, and anywhere in between. If you still make vulcanized dentures, join in.

Get as detailed as you like. Or not. All input is welcome. Really.

If you have never posted before, just come into the light long enough to type the three numbers. Please. I want as many responses as possible to get a good average.

As far as breaking it down if you sell more than one level, as long as it is what you consider your high end work, economy work, or if you only do one 'level', that's fine. Just please say whether its all what level or split it between levels if you like. Y'all know what I mean. I hope. We all have different ideas of quality and I hope it will work out in the wash.

I have talked with people who have made over 30 poured dentures in a day from impression to polish and others who do one before and one after lunch.

Trying to get some ideas of realistic and sane metrics and targets for growth.

I am sure there is a sound managment guru or two who has metrics down to the minute of how long it should take. I will happily accept that too. Just please note that is what you are giving if you dont go into detail.

Okay. I will quit typing now. Thank you for reading all the way down here.
id post mine, but they are absurd.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Maybe we should just make it how many a month to get around the reality of how our days go but still have a number that can be a reasonable expectation of output.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Are you asking total process time ( like a start a stop watch when your hand of the case and stop it when the case goes out the door which would include drying time curing time etc)
Or technical production time (how long it’s in someone’s hands to complete the work)
Either/both. Just want to know which it its if you only give one answer.

Looking for a place to aim.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score

Attachments

• download (3).jpg
    download (3).jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1
kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Either/both. Just want to know which it its if you only give one answer.

Looking for a place to aim.
Only # I can give now is s/u wax. For me approx hour/arch give or take.
I prefer to be thorough.

VinnieCDT

VinnieCDT

Reaction score
Well I use to have and 5 man crew , 1 did models , 1 set up and managed, 1 wax- up , 1 finished all cases and finished repairs & relines and 1 repair person .
I use to keep track of the overall finishes as my basis . Understanding the amount of same day repairs could affect to total finishes . Anyway we put out an average of 20 to 25 arches per day . That was 2010

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
as a benchmark in the government system that I traind in here in Aus, the 'standard daily work framework was 2 x trays, 2 x bites, 1 x F/F, F/P or P/P set up, invested and finished. As earlier mentioned this is cycled between multiple cases because of the workflow involved. Essentially it amounts to one completed upper and lower case per day. Being a government workplace with anti-discrimination etc in place this meant all techos had to do the same amount each day... some would be done by lunchtime, others took all day and struggled. largely depends on the technician. personally set, invest and finish - 4 units (arches) per day is very doable with a reline/repair thrown in the mix too