I got a thing

D

dandyfop

Reaction score
I was so on the fence when buying my asiga that I should wait for the 5100. Looks like I made the right choice. The Asiga has been a dream to work with. Bryce Hiller leaned me in the direction and he was totally right. I get almost zero misprints and the accuracy is beautiful.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Hammer.... Hammer...

JPEG_20190128_123548.jpg

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I get some screw ups too. Some my fault ,some theirs.
The big difference is that they give me a credit for any returns.
can only do that so many times before my clients started getting upset.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Is that actually what you thought would show up when your ordered a sausage pump?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Is that what came into your mind when you saw the picture/

user name

user name

Reaction score
Looks like a sausage pump to me.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Canadians don't need sausage pumps.Hahaha

Canada is much larger than the US.

We call it carry and conceal....

Last edited:
Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I have also purchased a Nextdent 5100 and am still waiting on print as my reseller decides to sell like a washing machine. I received no call about the equipment arriving or if I needed any ?'s answered about set up. I got a quick start sheet, let me say this once....I am not stupid, I am from a different generation/time. When I spend 13K on something I want a little assurance that whomever is profiting from me using there equipment, is as interested in my success!(cause w/out it they won't suceed, I have been smashing equipment for years and the 5100 wont be any different) If I have to bring it to mid-winter and set it up on Wacker for 10$ a swing with the sledge hammer I'll get some return.
The fact that the resin is on backorder or my reseller didn't by enough is laughable. I wish I could tell my clients that they should have sent all the short turn around crowns when we were slow, cause we had extra capacity then and not now so too bad reschedule. That only would last one crown and their finding another go to lab.
I will say that i bought one so i could be in control of process, as I know exactly what the big shops look like when it comes to printing milling etc. I have higher expectations. Just saying ...my 2CENTS

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I have also purchased a Nextdent 5100 and am still waiting on print as my reseller decides to sell like a washing machine. I received no call about the equipment arriving or if I needed any ?'s answered about set up. I got a quick start sheet, let me say this once....I am not stupid, I am from a different generation/time. When I spend 13K on something I want a little assurance that whomever is profiting from me using there equipment, is as interested in my success!(cause w/out it they won't suceed, I have been smashing equipment for years and the 5100 wont be any different) If I have to bring it to mid-winter and set it up on Wacker for 10$ a swing with the sledge hammer I'll get some return.
The fact that the resin is on backorder or my reseller didn't by enough is laughable. I wish I could tell my clients that they should have sent all the short turn around crowns when we were slow, cause we had extra capacity then and not now so too bad reschedule. That only would last one crown and their finding another go to lab.
I will say that i bought one so i could be in control of process, as I know exactly what the big shops look like when it comes to printing milling etc. I have higher expectations. Just saying ...my 2CENTS
Is the material on backorder from them only?

I'm asking because if you are tied to that one reseller forever and only for all consumables that is not something I have ever heard before.

They should have told you what day it was expected to arrive at a mimimum as the delivery driver has no duty to help you move it at all after it's off the truck.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
been going fine. after Support got back to us about the information i requested, we were able to verify the fault, correct it, and now everything works.

the only legitimate complaint i have is the same as every other 3dsystems printer i've used - removing supports and curing parts takes too much time. but no, after the fix we've not had a failed print since.

user name

user name

Reaction score
been going fine. after Support got back to us about the information i requested, we were able to verify the fault, correct it, and now everything works.

the only legitimate complaint i have is the same as every other 3dsystems printer i've used - removing supports and curing parts takes too much time. but no, after the fix we've not had a failed print since.
What was the fault? Did Farah Faucet get it close?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
there was a fault with the projector in the unit. 3dsystems sent a new printer. they said theyve never seen anything like it, the 3 components of the unit and all 3 simultaneously had faults; the touch pad, the projector, the resin tray. upon receipt of the new unit we were able to verify all 3 components were simultaneously faulty. the new unit came with the correct tray, working touch pad, and corrected projector.

Farrah Fawcett's idea of requiring shimming and calibrating each print in the first place is absurd, but even if it wasn't, would not be required because the z axis is the only moving part in the unit. it has its own encoder and it is not moving quickly so positional certainty is high.

i printed Surgical Guide material in the morning Friday, to see the printer approach and cure in transparent medium; i can report the unit cures layers of material above the plastic resin tray's tensed film. not on the film as other printers do. this may also be why the software's print settings are so tightly controlled.

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
Good to see that you got a new unit and you're up and running!