I got a thing

Farrah Fawcett

Farrah Fawcett

Reaction score
Coolness, of course this needs to be measured and adjusted. It is THE most important thing to do for success.

Since the first day these types of printers were made, this is required. (decades ago envisiontec started it. I had One of those and maybe 100 other printers)

Who delivered and set-up the machine? They should have shown you this procedure.

Changing build plate or the bottom resin tank requires this gap to be re-measured, and calibrated to machine motion control system.

Otherwise your get results like yours.

You want the user name and password to gain access to your printer? ;)

Yes, it is delicate procedure and easy to scuff the bottom tray. Easy to crash the build plate.

For $9k I kinda expected stuff like this to be very common.

I wish you the best!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
as no feeler gauge was included, and no instructions given, neither for this 5100 or the dp3500/4500/mjp series printers, i'm going to go ahead and say nah. not likely required. the only moving part in this device is the z axis. if anything it would have limit switch stops, and robotic re-approaches to limit switch to assure firm stop against the switch. it should stop at exactly the same spot each time, the curing depth should only affect the intensity of light per pass, if it needed to adjust in 10um passes then yes there should be much more hardware to enable this thing's incremental slice accuracy. a la two linear ball screws. not just one on a pair of arms.

while i appreciate your expertise, i'm dismissing it as invalid in this instance. the printer clearly does not operate the way you hope. the only instructions given to change build plates and reservoirs mentioned no rehoming or re zeroing of axes. likewise it was not given with 3500/4500 or any mjp printer. those printers also mostly do all that by themselves anyway.

have a nice day.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
as no feeler gauge was included, and no instructions given, neither for this 5100 or the dp3500/4500/mjp series printers, i'm going to go ahead and say nah. not likely required. the only moving part in this device is the z axis. if anything it would have limit switch stops, and robotic re-approaches to limit switch to assure firm stop against the switch. it should stop at exactly the same spot each time, the curing depth should only affect the intensity of light per pass, if it needed to adjust in 10um passes then yes there should be much more hardware to enable this thing's incremental slice accuracy. a la two linear ball screws. not just one on a pair of arms.

while i appreciate your expertise, i'm dismissing it as invalid in this instance. the printer clearly does not operate the way you hope. the only instructions given to change build plates and reservoirs mentioned no rehoming or re zeroing of axes. likewise it was not given with 3500/4500 or any mjp printer. those printers also mostly do all that by themselves anyway.

have a nice day.
the itty bitty pj1200 didnt require any of that either. and from those ive spoken with about the FL2, its not required either.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
the itty bitty pj1200 didnt require any of that either. and from those ive spoken with about the FL2, its not required either.
Why do you want to be a part of this cluster truck?
I'm sure you have better things to do ?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
If it takes less time than handwaxing a pressed emax, handwaxing for press to metal, handwaxing for pfm coping and press to that, low end dentures...
All kinds of things these machines can be doing to make you money while you do something else to make you money.

When machines work well they are an employee that never calls in sick, never forgets a step, never throws a case at the wall in frustration...

And you have control over the output quality. If you are blessed to have a outsource partner who cares as much or more than you how things come out, you are blessed indeed.
How important that output quality control is to you is the biggest factor in how interested in ownership you will be.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
what exactly are you referring to? printing in general?
theres a host of reasons. #1...as we get more and more digital impressions, i would really like to have a check model to keep my quality consistent.
#2....there are other uses for printers
#3....milling models isnt worth my time, nor my mills time. its BUSY!
and theres more, these are just all i have time to post lol

user name

user name

Reaction score
As of right now, it appears CHLs new robot employee has some disabilities. I dont believe his intent was to be beta testing for this company. The bad press theyre getting from this thread is fully deserved. Maybe on paper its the current whizbang, but in the real world, @Bryce Hiller has great things to say about his Asiga.

If there isnt some insane level of support and free product delivered to CHL for his woes, Id be very reluctant to consider taking the same path.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
As of right now, it appears CHLs new robot employee has some disabilities. I dont believe his intent was to be beta testing for this company. The bad press theyre getting from this thread is fully deserved. Maybe on paper its the current whizbang, but in the real world, @Bryce Hiller has great things to say about his Asiga.

If there isnt some insane level of support and free product delivered to CHL for his woes, Id be very reluctant to consider taking the same path.
im sure there are happy 5100 users, just as there are unhappy Asiga users. nothing is ever always or never.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
what exactly are you referring to? printing in general?
theres a host of reasons. #1...as we get more and more digital impressions, i would really like to have a check model to keep my quality consistent.
#2....there are other uses for printers
#3....milling models isnt worth my time, nor my mills time. its BUSY!
and theres more, these are just all i have time to post lol

I'm comparing in house to outsourcing at this point. yes you are saving money but I disagree on the amount.
I too require models and other printables.

At this point I cannot see the advantage to in house unless someone else is paying the bills.
CHL did not write the check for this device. He is getting paid to make this work. nothing wrong with that but I'm sure the boss would like to see his roi asap.

I don't have that luxury. What I do have is an outsource partner that does have the chops to make it work.
It may not be for you since you want control over the complete process.

Guess what, I do too. I have that control by deciding who gets the privilege of working on that file that I have designed.
If they do what I expect, they get rewarded just like CHL or any other valuable member of the team.

Don't like Argen? That's fine. There are many other options big or small. I make more $ scanning and designing than milling or printing.

In fact, I present my business model to my drs and they are all in agreement that it makes more sense to outsource that to do things in house.
Why, because they do the same thing.They get it and have no problems with me doing the same.

I just wish Tom Moore was around to see this thread.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score

i'll know more and follow up next week, late week. right now theres a lot to get done.

now, as to the question of outsourcing theres a way to get it all done in-office on the cheap, avoid the shipping, and not be beholden to outsource partners.

its called Luke's Robot, and you don't even have to buy it.

you send your job to my cloud, i send the job to my robots, if you are a premium member of the service your in-office robot will be serviced with just your jobs. an automated system will bring material to your doorstep without the need for you to install it.

with top-tier subscription you can be a manufacturing center with a robot that will do the jobs in your local area, for you to courier.

don't worry, i got this.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I'm comparing in house to outsourcing at this point. yes you are saving money but I disagree on the amount.
I too require models and other printables.

At this point I cannot see the advantage to in house unless someone else is paying the bills.
CHL did not write the check for this device. He is getting paid to make this work. nothing wrong with that but I'm sure the boss would like to see his roi asap.

I don't have that luxury. What I do have is an outsource partner that does have the chops to make it work.
It may not be for you since you want control over the complete process.

Guess what, I do too. I have that control by deciding who gets the privilege of working on that file that I have designed.
If they do what I expect, they get rewarded just like CHL or any other valuable member of the team.

Don't like Argen? That's fine. There are many other options big or small. I make more $ scanning and designing than milling or printing.

In fact, I present my business model to my drs and they are all in agreement that it makes more sense to outsource that to do things in house.
Why, because they do the same thing.They get it and have no problems with me doing the same.

I just wish Tom Moore was around to see this thread.
all reasonable points. for me, bringing it in-house is for time and quality control.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
all reasonable points. for me, bringing it in-house is for time and quality control.
That's exactly what I want. We have just come to different conclusions.
I can see myself throwing a misprint across the room.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
That's exactly what I want. We have just come to different conclusions.
I can see myself throwing a misprint across the room.
LOL, that has happened! prints/mills/and firing an emax crown on the wrong program and getting a marble back. it happens.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
LOL, that has happened! prints/mills/and firing an emax crown on the wrong program and getting a marble back. it happens.
...with the patient in the chair.

The only in house advantage I can see is blaming CHL for any screwups.

1548872659117.png

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
...with the patient in the chair.

The only in house advantage I can see is blaming CHL for any screwups.

View attachment 31836
i guess i had enough outsource screw ups that it just made sense (and cents) to keep some things in-house. not everything, i havent purchased a giant mill for titanium yet.....yet

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I get some screw ups too. Some my fault ,some theirs.
The big difference is that they give me a credit for any returns.